SASS Wire Forum

Custom engraved loading blocks - FINALLY!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the look of these. I want to get one for myself and one for Bluewater Ringer. A couple of questions:

1. Delivery time?

2. Can you fit Bluewater Ringer and 85079 on one?

3. He shoots .45 pistols but alternates between .45 and .44-40 rifle. Will one block work for both?

4. Would like them sent unfinished.

5. I want them both to be shipped here as he will hopefully be headed here in a couple of weeks. Needs to get clearance from the doc's next week at his 4 month anniversary of liver transplant! I don't see how to make that work for two aliases on your site.

Mine, Lost Trail, 101525 will be .45 all the way.

Thanks

I love the look of these. I want to get one for myself and one for Bluewater Ringer. A couple of questions:

1. Delivery time?

2. Can you fit Bluewater Ringer and 85079 on one?

3. He shoots .45 pistols but alternates between .45 and .44-40 rifle. Will one block work for both?

4. Would like them sent unfinished.

5. I want them both to be shipped here as he will hopefully be headed here in a couple of weeks. Needs to get clearance from the doc's next week at his 4 month anniversary of liver transplant! I don't see how to make that work for two aliases on your site.

Mine, Lost Trail, 101525 will be .45 all the way.

Thanks

Hi Lost trail, see if this answers your questions:

1. 6-10 days, sometimes shorter

2. I can fit up to 15 characters on a block. any more and they start looking small

3. Yes, 44's will fit in the 45 colt hole (but not the other way around)

4. No finish, no problem.

5. I can ship wherever you need me to and together no problem. I can either send you an invoice, you can mail me a check or you can order through the site and specify the names and details in the fields. Send me a PM with your preference. Like I said, I gladly take checks from active SASS members!

Isn't 44WCF less than 0.010 different than 45 Colt at the base?

you would be correct.

The rim diameter is also slightly larger on the 44 about by about .013

so the 44 cal hole is smaller in diameter, and the rim is larger than a 45 Colt round.

you can fit a 44 in the 45 hole but the rim won't seat flush OR, you can try to put a 45 in a 44 hole - but it won't fit.

The answer is a hybrid hole with an inside diameter to accommodate 45 rounds and a rim diameter to accommodate 44 rims. I've also found there seems to be more variance in tolerances for 44 brass than there are for 45 brass.

Hi Lost trail, see if this answers your questions:

1. 6-10 days, sometimes shorter

2. I can fit up to 15 characters on a block. any more and they start looking small

3. Yes, 44's will fit in the 45 colt hole (but not the other way around)

4. No finish, no problem.

5. I can ship wherever you need me to and together no problem. I can either send you an invoice, you can mail me a check or you can order through the site and specify the names and details in the fields. Send me a PM with your preference. Like I said, I gladly take checks from active SASS members!

Thanks HD.

I guess the problem lies with my brother's alias; Bluewater Ringer; 16 characters

• 2 weeks later...

Can you also make them for.454" 45 colt? My new Colt prefers these bullets, but they won't fit in the one I bought. I don't want to open up the holes and chance ruining the great craftsmanship.

HD, just made some up for me that hold 44WCF and .45 Colt and they work great. One of these days when I have some time I'll post some pictures. These loading blocks work very well and other shooters ask lots of questions about them.

Can you also make them for.454" 45 colt? My new Colt prefers these bullets, but they won't fit in the one I bought. I don't want to open up the holes and chance ruining the great craftsmanship.

Hi Redwood, yes, I can make one for the larger round. If you prefer, send the one you've got back to me with a single round for measurement and I'll open the holes up, re-stain it and send if back. no charge.

HD, just made some up for me that hold 44WCF and .45 Colt and they work great. One of these days when I have some time I'll post some pictures. These loading blocks work very well and other shooters ask lots of questions about them.

Looking forward to the pics of your finished blocks!

Hi Redwood, yes, I can make one for the larger round. If you prefer, send the one you've got back to me with a single round for measurement and I'll open the holes up, re-stain it and send if back. no charge.

Wow, that's excellent customer service, but I want to keep that one since I use those bullets with my Ruger's. I'll most likely order a new one from you for the bigger bullets. Should I still send you a bullet, or do you have that size on hand? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm finally going to order one of these for myself. Bluewater Ringer likes his leather one but I'm willing to try one of these.

Not having some king of loading block/strip was a royal PITA this past weekend at Ben Avery and Whiskey Row.

But now that ANOTHER brother is getting into this, maybe I should get him one....

And his alias? Bluewater

Shessh. Three of us in this now.

But online ordering is offline for retooling.

HD, not meaning to put pressure, but do you foresee being able to get one before Sep 14?

That's when I'll be heading to Six Gun JUSTICE.

Thanks. Best wishes.

• 2 months later...

HD,

Are you up and running again. taking orders?

please let me know.

thank you.

LBF

• 2 weeks later...

HD,

Are you up and running again. taking orders?

please let me know.

thank you.

LBF

Are you back in business on these again? Thinking about getting one.

I am back up and running. The site is now taking orders and have plenty of room for pre-christmas orders!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Hurricane Deck! Loading Blocks turned out great!

b47ffcc5-0ea4-4e80-bc39-20e2cd80ee74_zps

Keep up the great work!

Merry Christmas, Bubba

• 1 month later...

Got mine. Took about 3 weeks. Sorry to say I'm not as happy as the one I got from Old West Creations. Bullets are too tight in the holes. I've been trying to heat it up hanging in front of a heater. I may have to drill them out.

There are big hunks of wood missing on the side that the drill went thru.

Sorry to be negative, but, it's not up to par with what I bought the same product for at the same price.

I'm going to order another one from Old West Creations & use this as a backup.

Again, sorry, but that's how it is.

Got mine. Took about 3 weeks. Sorry to say I'm not as happy as the one I got from Old West Creations. Bullets are too tight in the holes. I've been trying to heat it up hanging in front of a heater. I may have to drill them out.

Sorry to be negative, but, it's not up to par with what I bought the same product for at the same price.

Don't drill them out. Mine were too tight for the 454 bullets I was using instead of 452. A couple of weeks later, they fit right in. I think the wood and finish needs time to settle. Or something along those lines. I am sure Hurricane can elaborate on the process, but they do loosen up. I don't know what to say about the missing wood hunks. I am pretty sure that he guarantees his work though. He'll make it right if you ask him.

Max, I'm sorry you're not happy with your block. I am happy to either replace the block or issue a refund or offer a new base for your existing block. I stand behind my work and it sounds like this block made it through when it shouldn't have. Contact me directly and I'll take care of whatever issues you may have or send a refund right out. my email address is on the page that came with your block or PM me directly here on the Wire. I'd like the opportunity to make it right.

Blocks do go out "freshly" stained which causes the holes to swell slightly. I've tried to mitigate that as much as possible by running a custom reamer through the holes after the stain has had a chance to dry. I'm always willing to fix a problem and replace a product for an unhappy customer. no questions asked. EVEN if you've tried to drill them out - I'll do what it takes to make ya happy.

Your a good Cowboy Hurricane Deck! Standing behind your work! Way to be a stand up Cowboy! Service like that means a lot in my book! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hurricane, thanks for the excellent reply. I used the block this past weekend, & discovered there are pros & cons in the bullets fitting a little snug. With my other block, if I fumble something, bullets go everywhere. With this one they don't. I'm thinking that because it was different than what I had, I didn't love it at first.

Now, I'm perfectly happy with it, & I'm glad you got a chance to demonstrate your attitude toward customer service.

Thanks again for the excellent response.

Hurricane, thanks for the excellent reply. I used the block this past weekend, & discovered there are pros & cons in the bullets fitting a little snug. With my other block, if I fumble something, bullets go everywhere. With this one they don't. I'm thinking that because it was different than what I had, I didn't love it at first.

Now, I'm perfectly happy with it, & I'm glad you got a chance to demonstrate your attitude toward customer service.

Thanks again for the excellent response.

Max, I'm happy to hear it's working well! My offer stands. should you decide you're not happy with it, you let me know. The blocks come with a no questions asked lifetime warranty against the vagries of the cowboy lifestyle!

Archived