SASS Wire Forum

Cold today

Utah Bob #35998

Well I could get the 4wheeler and ride up to the road and get a clear shot from under the power lines..... but leaning out the front door was as far outside as I'm going today. :D

Spent last two days in Bend, OR visting family.

Ice/snow storm Thur-Sat - low last night (from about 1030PM til I left at 6AM today): minus 2F ! (not wind chill) :o

40 was toasty when I got home tonight . :)

Nice pic! Where's the cottontail?

Probably hanging out with a few dozen of his pards. I am horse poor and cottontail rich.

Probably hanging out with a few dozen of his pards. I am horse poor and cottontail rich.

My mom used to fry the best cottontail rabbit. She'd pressure cook it, then roll the pieces in flour and herbs, and fry in the skillet. No finer meat.

My mom used to fry the best cottontail rabbit. She'd pressure cook it, then roll the pieces in flour and herbs, and fry in the skillet. No finer meat.

Add mashed taters and gravy and corn on the cob, finish off with an apple pie.

I got my deer on Saturday; might have to go back out for a couple of bunnies! :D

I was dead broke in college, I used to shoot them big rabbits and take them to a local girls house, she would bake them in a pot pie with lots of fall veggies and a flaky crust, good memories eating that hare pie

Problem is a plague ran through the rabbit herd awhile back. Don't know if I feel comfortable with skinning and cooking one.

Mine too!

Archived