SASS Wire Forum

CZ Coach gun.

Flanigan Flats

I use a single trigger CZ. It works well for me, looks great, and is well made. I've never had a bit of trouble with it. But it took a lot of "smithin'" to get it to work. I think a SKB, Browning, or even a Baikal can be made to run faster.

I have the double trigger Amarillo; I don't think its in production anymore.

I had two smiths work on it; Happy Trails got it right. Took awhile to get broken in, but runs fine now. I think it's one of the finer looking SxS; without speed, I need style.

LL

I have the hammered CZ and been shooting it for 5 yrs. I've had it worked on twice and it still acts up occasionally (L hammer hangs up). Going to get a TTN to replace it.

I just bought a hammered CZ coach gun. I have been shooting a TTN. My only complaint on the TTN is it is heavy. The CZ feels much lighter. I will be using it in a match for the first time tomorrow. I agree the hammers out of the box are harder to cock than the TTN. Also the hammers on the CZ are further a part and not as tall. But I am still able to cock both hammers using my strong side thumb while shucking empties. I'm interested in others opinions of the CZ. I know the TTN is great. I thought it was perfect until I picked up and handled the CZ in a local gun shop. The fact that is lighter and just fit me made me wanna try it.

I have the CZ Hammer Classic with 30" barrels; I really like it.

I shoot Classic with it; I also shoot a little trap with it.

The fit and finish is excellent; very nice case hardened finish.

I have one of the Chicom hammered coach guns; it's much heavier than the CZ.

About 200 rounds through it without any issues.

I have the hammered CZ and been shooting it for 5 yrs. I've had it worked on twice and it still acts up occasionally (L hammer hangs up). Going to get a TTN to replace it.

PM sent on TTN.

AR

Shot the new CZ in the monthly match today. Probably couldn't have picked a better day because it was a crazy day (2 stages featured two pistol reloads) All stages had extra shotgun targets. The CZ performed perfectly. I think the only thing I noticed as being better on the TTN was the front bead is kinda small on the CZ.

There's a bead on the front of your SG? :P

Archived