SASS Wire Forum

Found a good deal: .45 JM Marlin

Cat Brules

PM me if you're interested and I'll PM or email you back with the shop's contact information and a photo that I took.

A local shop has this on consignment:

Marlin .45 Colt, 20" octagon barrel.

Barrel is JM marked.

All blue, plain, straight stock.

Obvious, nice action job....very smooth and quick.

CAS sights: (Brass bead front site.......flat-top rear sight)

Very good condition to the eye not scratched up. However, the stock has some dings and a couple obvious scratches, but there are no gouges in the wood. Could be quickly cleaned up and the finish scratches minimized with some "red oil"

This is on consignment at a local shop

Price is $750.00 and I suppose, shipping. FFL to FFL only. Your FFL would have to email his license to this local shop.

Let me know if you want the shop's contact information

CAT,

ya done good. I think the JM Marlins in .45 Colt are a sleeping 'jewel'.

Right now, Pards are paying big bucks to find the rare .32's and even the numerous .38/.357's. Yet, the .45 Colts are selling for moderate prices. But in my opinion, give or take a couple years down the road, the JM branded .45 Colts will be a "WANTED" item for Cowboys and Hunters alike.

The .45 is just toooooo versatile to be overlooked much longer.

Although it can be modified to shoot both the C45S and the .45 Colt, its much easier to set them up with 2 separate carriers and have the best of both worlds. Kinda like having a set of Rugers in .45 Colt and an extra cylinder for the .45 ACP.

Enjoy your new toy.

..........Widder

CAT,

ya done good. I think the JM Marlins in .45 Colt are a sleeping 'jewel'.

Right now, Pards are paying big bucks to find the rare .32's and even the numerous .38/.357's. Yet, the .45 Colts are selling for moderate prices. But in my opinion, give or take a couple years down the road, the JM branded .45 Colts will be a "WANTED" item for Cowboys and Hunters alike.

The .45 is just toooooo versatile to be overlooked much longer.

Although it can be modified to shoot both the C45S and the .45 Colt, its much easier to set them up with 2 separate carriers and have the best of both worlds. Kinda like having a set of Rugers in .45 Colt and an extra cylinder for the .45 ACP.

Enjoy your new toy.

..........Widder

Widder,

NOOOO!! :):) :)

I didn't buy the Marlin I noted above.

I just saw it at my local brick and mortar gun shop and I thought someone might want it.

I think it's a good price, and there's a couple of more minor points that I didn't say bout it.

That action was done by someone who knows what they were doing. It is very slick and solid.

Also, whoever owns it replaced the cross-bolt safety ;with a dummy screw, so that wouldn't be a problem.

And, it has a nice little leather lever wrap.

It's not all scratched up, just a couple surface scratches on the stock that can be fixed easily and the usual minor dings. It's been taken care of and is a nice rife.

I just noted it here, so that if someone is interested, they can PM me and I'll either PM or email them back with the contact information for the shop in Grover Beach, CA 93433.

CAT,

thanks for clarifying that for me. I posted that before 7:00 a.m. this morning and was already concentrating on the local monthly match this morning.

Thanks for posting that info and hopefully a Pard will grab it up.

..........Widder

20140317_205713_zps9de24927.jpg

Last fall I baught an 1894CB? in 45 Colt that was near 100% condition JM stamped (twice) 2005 manufacture date. Guy said he just used it as a backup. It came with a Longhunter boot toboot. I put Mary in charge of the negotiations. Got it right at the price asked for this one. No shipping, insurance or tax to add.

Now, I say 1894CB? because the barrel is clearly marked CBC and is roll marked Cowboy Competition. But the receiver and lever is blue instead of color case. People tell me they didn't make the Cowboy Comps in blue receiver and some that say they think a few were made.

The CBC in .45C and .38Special(No .357 mag)start'd out with color'd rec'rs

Then Marlin went to the all blue.

IIRC the .45 Colt used a blue'd bolt from the start.

My wife :wub: has run a CBC .38 for over ten yrs now-

Been a great gun, with only 1 FP breakage(1 piece in now)and 1 carrier rebuild.

LG

Several years ago Numrich was selling new Cowboy Comp barrels. I bought two and made "Cowboy Comps" out of standard carbines. If you didn't know, they looked factory. The barrels did not have the JM stamp because they were never installed or proofed. Also, Marlin never wasted anything, it's possible some Cowboy Comp barrels were installed on non-color cased receivers.

1894CBCJMstamp_zpsbb3e69cf.jpg

My 1894 has not one but two JM stamps. I couldn't get a better picture with flash. So, based on comments about only barrels installed on factory installed have the JM stamp, my Marlin must have came from the factory with Cowboy Comp barrel. The only other question lingering is it truly an CBC or a standard CB with a Comp barrel?

Is there anything that clearly differentiate a standard CB from a CBC? Internal parts? Polishing to spot?

Thanks for helping me solve this riddle. I've tried contacting the guy I bought the rifle from but he has not responded.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 17, 2014 - spam
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 17, 2014 - spam

Hello,

Its a best Deal ......I :)

and I have also Found a Big Deal on Portable Chargers Power banks ..Which is fastly Selling out in the Market.......

Don't Miss the Chance of this special Deal Here is a Combo pack that buy one and Get one.........

------------------------------------------------

power bank

Archived