SASS Wire Forum

Just what I needed, another shotgun

Chantry

Very interesting!

Glad you saw it first - durn shotguns seem to be breeding like rabbits around my place.

That looks just like Homer Suggs shotgun

Shotguns...... are they an affliction, or addiction?? :blink: Rabbits you say? More like a swarm of patina clad thunder sticks invading around here! If the bunkhouse boss only knew how many there really are!!!! ;)

Who manufactured your copy and was the price reasonable? I have always wanted to check one out for my collection. If you have fired it, how well does it operate?

Who manufactured your copy and was the price reasonable? I have always wanted to check one out for my collection. If you have fired it, how well does it operate?

I couldn't find any maker's information on the gun. I have heard two different stories about the copies, that Darne sold the actions to other makers or that other makers copied the action. The more I think about, the more I find the first theory to be more likely. I can't see that making the copies of the Darne action would be sufficently profitable to warrant the investment in the machinery when a more conventional double would seem to be cheaper to make.

I haven't fired it yet, just brought it home and worked the action a couple of times, it is surprisingly smooth, although it will probably never be as fast as a standard double or 97

Sounds like you lead quite the rough life. You have my sympathies.

LOL, thank you. :D

Archived