SASS Wire Forum

No guns, bug spray instead!

Rye Miles #13621

There are two universes.

I'm glad I don't live in theirs. :rolleyes:

Bug spray?? Don't have bug spray at the Casita...we shoot bugs in the country. Are they kidding....?

First, it is a Federal Offense to use insecticides in means for which they were not intended.

http://therecoveringlegalist.com/2013/03/23/bug-spray-warning/

Second, I'm not sure which would be worse, getting a face full of toxic chemicals or getting a face full of toxic lead.

Bug spray is for bugs.

end of story.

Plus +1

Bug spray is for bugs.

end of story.

Fine if you have a gun, but then again would you rather be dead or violated or tried for spraying a bad guy with wasp spray to protect yourself?

I don't see a whole lot of end of story.

Sort of a "I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" type thing.

First, it is a Federal Offense to use insecticides in means for which they were not intended.

http://therecoveringlegalist.com/2013/03/23/bug-spray-warning/

Second, I'm not sure which would be worse, getting a face full of toxic chemicals or getting a face full of toxic lead.

I doubt a real jury would convict if a person used a can of wasp spray to defend themselves.

Fine if you have a gun, but then again would you rather be dead or violated or tried for spraying a bad guy with wasp spray to protect yourself?

I don't see a whole lot of end of story.

If or my wife are reaching for something nex to the bed to defend ourselves with, it will NOT be can a bug spray. I will not carry a can of bug spray in a holster and I will not attempt to get rid of the wasp problem under my eves with my 1911 nor my shotgun, regardless of guage. Why? because i have chosen to arm myself with the proper tool for the circumstance. I have no intention to give an attacker reason to pause in his pursuit of his quary. I have the intention to KILL the poor feller that chose to enter my home and put my family in danger.

The bug spray will remain in the cabinet under the kitchen sink.

Thats is MY end of story. Your mileage may differ, much like your opinion, and your are entitled to such.

The whole purpose of the NRA/ILA printing this story was to show the anti-gun sentiments of NBC, they never once mentioned a firearm to protect yourself. It's not about whether or not bug spray works or it's legal.yadda yadda yadda, it's about ANTI-GUNNERS! Heck if there wasn't a gun handy (God forbid) I'd use anything I could get my hands on!!

Rye :blink:

(too much coffee this morning)

The whole purpose of the NRA/ILA printing this story was to show the anti-gun sentiments of NBC, they never once mentioned a firearm to protect yourself. It's not about whether or not bug spray works or it's legal.yadda yadda yadda, it's about ANTI-GUNNERS! Heck if there wasn't a gun handy (God forbid) I'd use anything I could get my hands on!!

Rye :blink:

(too much coffee this morning)

+1

I prefer powder to spray. I keep it small brass containers, with a neat little metal lid.

Right on, Doc! And we keep our small brass containers with the metal lids in a spring loaded master container for instant use.

Right on, Doc! And we keep our small brass containers with the metal lids in a spring loaded master container for instant use.

I agree. I have two spring loaded master containers and the device to activate them by my bed ready for instant use. My wife has a smaller device by her side of the bed.

And in my experience as a LEO I have seen bad guys on drugs NOT affected by a spray device, but all will be affected by such spring loaded containers and the device to use

them as mentioned above.

I agree. I have two spring loaded master containers and the device to activate them by my bed ready for instant use. My wife has a smaller device by her side of the bed.

And in my experience as a LEO I have seen bad guys on drugs NOT affected by a spray device, but all will be affected by such spring loaded containers and the device to use

them as mentioned above.

I keep mine in a device with a cylindrical master container. You can even see some of the metal lids from the front. It is shiny and highly polished, so I'm sure any bad guy that sees it will be duly impressed!

Archived