SASS Wire Forum

The Good News... The Bad News...

DocWard

It's been one of those days.

The good news:

My oldest daughter spotted a bald eagle, the first I've seen around here, perched in a tree a little ways off the road, just a minute or so from our house.

The bad news:

Couldn't get pictures to show up on phone cameras. Quickly went home to grab digital camera, got back, it was still there. Found out my digital camera quite working. Won't even come on, even with fresh batteries.

The good news:

On a lark, stopped into a gun store just outside Delaware, Ohio, about an hour away from me after driving oldest daughter back to college. Found out they had a good supply of .22WMR in jacketed, hollow point and polymer tipped rounds.

The bad news:

I pulled out my wallet and realized I hadn't gotten my bank card back from my daughter after giving it to her to get gas.

Anybody else?

The Bad news...had ta go work 4 hrs OT this morning.

The Good news...I get paid overtime!!

The double Good news...since I went to work and it's a rainy cold day...I took a good guilt free nap this afternoon!!

Good news i have a smoked venison ring sausage cooking...

Bad news... I haven't decided what to make with it..

Double bad news i have to share it with the bottomless pits...... Aka my kids

Good news i had a good shoot yesterday

Bad news until i get my bullets delivered im down to 40 rounds of sass legal cartridges

I'm not sure of the federal law concerning the Bald Eagle, but I'd watch who I told who knows there's one near your house. I think its quite some distance from houses.

It wasn't nesting, but I don't think they will empty or level dozens of homes, a couple of farms, a shopping mall and a strip mall for one. There was a pair nesting at Camp Perry a few years back. I'm not sure if they still are or not, but they didn't shut the firing ranges down. Range Control was very watchful, though.

Only two people remembered...

ah Happy Birthday Miss Allie ???

Happy Birthday, Allie Mo!!

Yer lookin' mighty fine fer a medicare lady!!

Rye ;)

Ahhh, you are still a youngster!

Revel in life! :D

Thank you! Yes. It was the Medicare birthday. So, I was a bit out of sorts... :( Then, as "they say," it beats the alternative... :D

Thats because I have love and respect for you Miss Allie plus I took a wild A** guess that payed off :wub:

Just looked back at my original post, and I don't know why I was complaining.

The good news:

My brother drove over from Columbus and we hung out and chatted for a bit before doing some work on his Suburban. Nothing major, and we enjoyed doing it.

The bad news:

My daughter went to get us some food and got into an accident, ending up side-swiping a tree to avoid another vehicle. (Good news bonus, she's OK)

The good news:

I've found a pretty good deal on an M1 Carbine, a Saginaw Gear one, rebuilt at Rock Island Armory and in very nice shape, along with a Ruger Mk. II.

The bad news:

I have no idea how I am going to be able to afford them with a $500.00 deductible, and possible traffic fine to pay, among other things.

Did I mention my daughter is fine? A little stressed out and feeling sad and guilty, but physically OK. Everything else is replaceable.

Archived