SASS Wire Forum

Ballad of Jeremiah Johnson.

One of my all time favorites that has come to mind recently.

Winter's a long time going up this high

mmmm

would you happen to know what month it is?

no, I surely wouldn't

March, maybe April

March, maybe, I don't believe April. March is a green muddy month down below, some like it, farmers mostly.

Watch yer top knot.

I love the line (paraphrased) "Git that one skinned Pilgrim, I'll bring you another" when The old timer (cant remember his character name, but it was Grandpa Walton) had a Griz chase him into the cabin, he jumped out the window!

I'm pretty sure I lived in that time..................... and might again.................. +1 on the Hawkens. My favorite gun by far. It's the Renegade actually.

Ol' Hank and I saw the movie on a Saturday night, back in '72.

First thing Monday I was down to the San Francisco Gun Exchange, buyin' my TC Hawken. :)

Back in those days muzzleloaders weren't commonly seen at the local ranges ~ it'd get a lot of attention. So one day as I was packing up after an afternoon of shooting, some wag wanders by my bench and says "Hey! I bet you can't hit that gong out there [at 100 yards]!"

A challenge, of course... so I load's 'er up, swings it to my shoulder, and Blam... 'BONGgggg!'

Said wag then sez "Hey! I bet you can't do it again!"

So I just gave him a withering look and replied "I can. I don't need to." and left.

Still love shootin' that thing! ^_^

Could hit a softball at 100 pretty easy. Beyond that much and the ol' round ball had a different idea. Until I bought my .270 it was the most accurate rifle I had ever shot. My son has it now. Makes for a nice relaxing day at the range, slow firing the .50's.

Ol' Hank and I saw the movie on a Saturday night, back in '72.

First thing Monday I was down to the San Francisco Gun Exchange, buyin' my TC Hawken. :)

Back in those days muzzleloaders weren't commonly seen at the local ranges ~ it'd get a lot of attention. So one day as I was packing up after an afternoon of shooting, some wag wanders by my bench and says "Hey! I bet you can't hit that gong out there [at 100 yards]!"

A challenge, of course... so I load's 'er up, swings it to my shoulder, and Blam... 'BONGgggg!'

Said wag then sez "Hey! I bet you can't do it again!"

So I just gave him a withering look and replied "I can. I don't need to." and left.

Still love shootin' that thing! ^_^

HAR! Well Done!

Just caught the tail end of one of my favorite movies. Gonna have to find the sound track. Found this on YouTube, thought you kindred spirits might enjoy it.

JHC

It's on CD on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Jeremiah-Johnson/dp/B002TIYC3C

Archived