SASS Wire Forum

this got me to thinking

diablo slim

If i stop someone during his/hers turn at the line and call for a re-shoot and know for sure all the guns are in safe mode.(no cartridges in any chambers)can we help the shooter safely back to the loading table instead of making the shooter unload and then reload all over again?

Help the Shooter carry their loaded guns back to the loading tabling, IMHO Nope!

To start disscusion. If the Reshoot is during the first pistol. Rifle and second pistol haven't been attempted to be shot. TO has the Shooter finishing shooting the first pistol (it is now empty). At the loading table Shooter reloads his first pistol. IMHO there is no need to unload and then reload the second pistol or the rifle.

Ignoring the wherefores and art-thous, there remains a question of the shooters readiness to endeavor a fresh commencement.

+1---shooter must unload-reload-reengage mentally

Help the Shooter carry their loaded guns back to the loading tabling, IMHO Nope!

To start disscusion. If the Reshoot is during the first pistol. Rifle and second pistol haven't been attempted to be shot. TO has the Shooter finishing shooting the first pistol (it is now empty). At the loading table Shooter reloads his first pistol. IMHO there is no need to unload and then reload the second pistol or the rifle.

IF neither the second pistol or the rifle have been fired, I see no reason to have them unloaded and then reloaded. The loading officer might check the second pistol to see that there is an empty chamber under the hammer, WITHOUT manipulating the gun (placing on half-cock or opening the loading gate). But unloading the rifle could be potentially hazardous given that, in most instances, the only way to do so is to jack the rounds through the receiver, allowing for the possibility of an AD as the lever is closed!

Frankly, unless the re-shoot is due to a malfunction of the timer, the targets or some other problem EXTERNAL to the shooter and his/her guns, I see no reason for a re-shoot. Recognizing that CAS is a fantasy game...still, there are no "re-shoots" in a gunfight.

depends on the circumstances, last shooter, fine.

how many shooters on posse, one posse or more? time structure?

for ease on a busy day, go around...

imho

ASK the shooter what s/he wants to do.

Some will want to jump right in & get'er done & over with...others will want some time to decompress & get back into "SHOOT!" mode.

There is no SOP...too many variables.

The majority of loading tables where I shoot are usually full of shooters & guns without room for a shooter to go back. This would cause another shooter(s) at the LT to have to move their guns to make room. Not an ideal situation.

Archived