SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a Dillon reloader

Pearl

My husband would like a new ((used) Dillon reloader. I would like to find one for him. He is just getting into Wild Bunch and needs 45 ACP dies. Can anyone help? Thanks! Pearl 919-412-1891 or cbbunch@bellsouth.net

I have a Square Deal B with 45acp, 44mag, 45lc & 357/38 dies, strong mount,spares and tool set that I am tired of hassling with the primer feed on. I am sure that a knowledgeable Dillon person could probably sort this out in no time. Also has second powder dispenser. I had this sold to a local pard but he had a tree fall on his shed and needed the funds for repairs. I would need $350 for everything plus shipping unless you would pick it up Bossier City, LA :)

That's a heck of a deal Preacher! By my estimates that is about half the value of those components new. Just a SDB from Dillon setup for 45acp would be $379 plus shipping. I'm thinking if Pearl don't want it I might. I already have three SDB's, but there's always another room in the house.

I have a Square Deal B with 45acp, 44mag, 45lc & 357/38 dies, strong mount,spares and tool set that I am tired of hassling with the primer feed on. I am sure that a knowledgeable Dillon person could probably sort this out in no time. Also has second powder dispenser. I had this sold to a local pard but he had a tree fall on his shed and needed the funds for repairs. I would need $350 for everything plus shipping unless you would pick it up Bossier City, LA :)

I know you are trying to sell it, but there is a tiny allen screw on the lever side of the primer system that adjusts the primer position and just a tweak or two will correct bad feeding. Also, Dillon says not to use oil on the components, but I have found a VERY LITTLE light machine oil on the sliding surfaces of the feed mechinesms(?) will cure most of the primer problems on the SDB as well as the 550B. This from MY experiences. Yours may vary.

Al

• 2 months later...

Pearl, gunstop is a good place to shop if Dillon is runing behind. Most of my pards run 550's. I got a 650 because I wanted a progressive press, but I keep having primer feeding probems and I am still trying to resplve them with Dillons help.

Here is site that will help in deciding what to buy. http://ultimatereloader.com Its a bunch of videos ot the different presses avalilable. I wish I would have seen this before I bought my press. But be careful because cheapest is not always bestest! Be sure to do all our homework.

I know you are trying to sell it, but there is a tiny allen screw on the lever side of the primer system that adjusts the primer position and just a tweak or two will correct bad feeding. Also, Dillon says not to use oil on the components, but I have found a VERY LITTLE light machine oil on the sliding surfaces of the feed mechinesms(?) will cure most of the primer problems on the SDB as well as the 550B. This from MY experiences. Yours may vary.

Al

Another thing to check is the screw holding the little wheel / bearing on the primer shuttle. That screw can work loose and drag on the frame causing all kinds of crazy issues. Dillon Square Deal is a great machine and that's a super deal.

Archived