SASS Wire Forum

I won't watch it

Paden

I have discovered that some of my favorite actors are anti-gun, yet they have made many movies using guns to put 1,000's of bucks in their bank accounts. These folks will no longer get my money and I have removed their films from my library.

Paden

Back in the old days, that is what happened to many actors/actresses. The public voted with their feet and ignored their movies. Today, the audience ignores the actors/actresses political agendas, and makes excuses, ":Well the movies they make are too good to miss", and buy tickets, increasing their popularity, and giving them more power to express, and condone their views. This would never happen during the first 60 years of the industry. MT

I don't understand this attitude. I know many people that have it, but it puzzles me.

Let's look at Rosie O'Donnell, for example. Just before Disney's Tarzan came out, she pitched her bitch on TV, and cussed out Tom Selleck, and said that anyone that owned a gun should be arrested - to hell with what the Constitution says.

So I did not go see Tarzan. I'm sure that her agent got her a piece of it, and if I buy a movie ticket, or a DVD, then she makes some money, even if it is only a penny. And I'm not gonna give MY enemy (the anti-gunner) any money.

However, I also had A League of their Own. I got that BEFORE I found out she was an anti. She's already GOT my money. What good does throwing it away do?

That's right up there with Levis is anti gun. I don't buy Levis, or Dockers, or any other of their brands. But Levis I already own. I should throw them in the trash?

Sara Lee is a big donator to Sara Brady. I don't buy Sara Lee. This depresses me, because Sara Lee owns Jimmy Dean Sausage, but I don't buy Sara Lee. My mother, however, buys Sara Lee. If I'm eating at her house, should I refuse to eat certain foods she makes because they were sold by Sara Lee, the anti-gun bakery?

I think, don't buy from the antis. Don't give them any money. But if you already have it - if you had it before you found out, or it's from before they became anti, or someone gives it as a gift, or whatever - why throw it out? What does that accomplish?

Throwing out their DVD's makes me feel good.

I bought a Boston CD one time (their third). Opened it up and there be a pretty little spotted fawn layin under a nice flowering bush with the words STOP ALL BLOOD SPORTS. I was going to throw it out but my brother said he was going to buy the CD. So I gave it to him so they wouldn't get another sale. Never listened to Boston agin!

The DVD's or the actors? :rolleyes:

The DVDs ;)

Rosie did the voice for a Gayrilla in the Disney cartoon of Tarzan.

They sure named the character right. I wonder if Rosie had anything to do with selecting the name.

I'm not retired yet. This may explain why I am too busy to check on the politics, religion, or any other opinions of actors in movies.

Of course, I always check the politics or religion of any surgeon before I let them cut on me or family. That's a different matter! I couldn't care less how good they are as long as they have the right opinions.

I have a huge video collection and a really good percentage of that is westerns. I don't buy videos when they are first out, especially of people who are against my way of life. But if I do like the movie I will wait until the video store sells their used copies or buy them at a 1/2 price book store where they were sold by others who were tired of the movie and wanted to clean out their collection. I only pay, on average, $7 - 10 for each DVD and the profits sure don't go to the mealy mouthed actors that way.

I also buy used ones off of e-bay if I can't find it anywhere local or at discount.

I know it might not be completely cutting off the liberals money, but it sure isn't giving them top dollar for their anti-gun/anti-American views.

By the way, Rosie and Sean Penn are two I will refuse to even watch a movie if they are in it.

Two words: Bit Torrent

Archived