SASS Wire Forum

Longmire Returns!

Remember, Longmire is a fictional character. The stories are fictional.

Would Roy go after the bad guys in a blizzard? Would Jean or Hoppy? Dang right they would! :lol:

Could they shoot a guy off a horse from 100 yards? Yup.

Now, lets discuss Hawaii Five OH! :wacko:;)

And I don't care why Vic wears fitted shirts. I'm just glad she does. :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with Vic's shirts. Still having trouble with her as a blond after reading the books, but I'm getting used to it.

Omar totally would have had horses or snowmobiles at the cabin, but it was more dramatic for Walt to have to walk, at least Omar loaned him some snow shoes.

Only thing I didn't like was that for the first show of the season, they lifted the plot right outta one of the books. they left some stuff out for the shortness of time I guess. but still loved it.

as for not likin him seeing and talking to "dead people"...read the books, you will be really shocked. I really liked the time Johnson described Longmyers peyote trip.

as for him surving in less than adequate provisions, once again read the books, he seems to thrive in bad weather.

while some of this isn't all that realistic, it is a story, and love the caracters.

When they cast Vic the gave it to a blonde and the book Vic is a sassy brunette, but the tv Vic really pulls it off....quite well....

can't wait for the next episode. and for those interested the new Longmyer book will be out on Amazin on June 4th.

curley

I DVR stuff usually so I can watch it in the AM and skip through the commercials, but last night the family wanted to watch it right away. As we watched it it was live again on A&E. For some reason my recording cut off a bit at the end, turned out he just said "not yet" but I switched over to watch the last 15 minutes live and watched the part where he went in the mine shaft again. In my recording he had a conversation with the agent before opening the box with the money in it. Live he went in and opened the box with no conversation then started the gunfight. We all caught the discrepency right away rewound it live and watched it again then after it was over watched the conversation again on the recording. A mystery! I think it was on three times, recorded the middle one and watched the end of the third one.

Curious to know if anyone else recorded it what version you have.

I like the show but this was not one of my favorites. I've learned over the years to deal with the poetic liscence TV takes with reality but him taking off after a snow cat in the teeth of a storm equiped as he was stretched my credulity a bit to far.

I enjoy Rainier. Many other beers gag me.

Like Bud.

Guess I'm just a wimp. I can't handle Bud either...

I'm real glad she wears shirts too, I just wish she'd learn to button them correctly! :P

At least she wears a t-shirt.;)

And her sleeves are always rolled up.

You'd never get away with that on a real department but it's tv.

If they're gonna let her run around with her shirt unbuttoned, then they oughta show a lot more scenes of Branch with his shirt off.... :P

Guess I'm just a wimp. I can't handle Bud either...

I didn't say I like Bud. I said it gags me. ;)

I also appreciate Breckenridge Avalance, Modelo, and Dos Equis Amber.

Don't get me started on German bier. It makes me cry.

If they're gonna let her run around with her shirt unbuttoned, then they oughta show a lot more scenes of Branch with his shirt off.... :P

He has to wear a t shirt like Vic or it's sexist. :D

I don't have a problem with that..... :lol:

Preferably a wet one? :lol: :lol:

A wet t-shirt??? That would work I guess....I meant I don't have a problem with them being sexist and letting Branch run around without a shirt on....though he could use a bit more chest hair..... ;)

A wet t-shirt??? That would work I guess....I meant I don't have a problem with them being sexist and letting Branch run around without a shirt on....though he could use a bit more chest hair..... ;)

I see you have done some research on Deputy Branch. :lol:

No need to thank me. :D

tv-guide-35-sexiest07.jpg

And he likes dogs.

Bailey-Chase-bb0d3.jpg

Ain't the Internet great? :lol: :lol:

sometimes.....but I'm getting weird looks from Buick....he's trying to talk about going camping next weekend at Lake George but I can't concentrate on the conversation.....

The puppies are cute, but Branch is still a twit, and his dad is even worse.

Hey UB, after reading the books they cast Ruby totally different than I expected. What do you think?

The puppies are cute, but Branch is still a twit, and his dad is even worse.

Hey UB, after reading the books they cast Ruby totally different than I expected. What do you think?

Yup.

It's Hollywood, not a documentary. There are going to be gun and cop procedure mistakes. I try not to nit pick and just enjoy the ride.

And if you haven't read the books, I recommend them. You can't beat a book when it comes to a 1 hour tv show, no matter how good the show it.

But then I have an excess of imagination. ;)

Your right UB (As usual). One that came close to following the book was Lonesome Dove, and look how many ephisodes it took to do that. The Longmire books are great.....I've read them all.

i've read a Longmire book or 2, but never really got into them. Maybe I'll try again.

Vic being a brunette in the book vs blonde on TV always throws me. Of course, it aint as bad as the Hell Bitch being a gelding!

I bought a supply of Rainier while I was in town yesterday.

I tried some of that stuff in Fort Lewis about 30 years ago, something about the water making it taste good? Do they actually put any alcohol in it these days? If I remember correctly, as a young soldier, it only made me head for the outhouse a lot. Of course drinking lots of water does that!

I tried some of that stuff in Fort Lewis about 30 years ago, something about the water making it taste good? Do they actually put any alcohol in it these days? If I remember correctly, as a young soldier, it only made me head for the outhouse a lot. Of course drinking lots of water does that!

If you had it on post it was 3.2% beer. That's the problem.

The stuff from the liquor store is 4.65%.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

What am I doin' here, you ask? Nobody, includin' me, knows... time... to go...

ts

If ya have a Kindle, you can get a freebee called "Longmire from book to screen.

It is pretty cool. Johnson was discussing the changes they made in the casting. He said that he commented on the fact that Robert Taylor was a bit younger than the man in the books, they said they hoped for a "somewhat long running series" and if it did they didn't want to have Walt going about in a walker.

He also said having ones books turned into a tv show is pretty weird, and only he can describe the experience is that it is something like having a house plant for eight years and suddenly having it start talking to you one morning, wondrous but wierd. It started when he walked on the set of the pilot and saw the county designation "24" on the Wyoming license plate for the fictitious Abasroka county. Wyoning only has 23 counties.

Walts elkhorn grips on his 45 are modeled after ones that were made for Johnsons buddy Richard Rhoads, who was the model for the character of Omar.

if ya have Kindle, I suggest ya get it....and it is free.

curley

If ya have a Kindle, you can get a freebee called "Longmire from book to screen.

It is pretty cool. Johnson was discussing the changes they made in the casting. He said that he commented on the fact that Robert Taylor was a bit younger than the man in the books, they said they hoped for a "somewhat long running series" and if it did they didn't want to have Walt going about in a walker.

He also said having ones books turned into a tv show is pretty weird, and only he can describe the experience is that it is something like having a house plant for eight years and suddenly having it start talking to you one morning, wondrous but wierd. It started when he walked on the set of the pilot and saw the county designation "24" on the Wyoming license plate for the fictitious Abasroka county. Wyoning only has 23 counties.

Walts elkhorn grips on his 45 are modeled after ones that were made for Johnsons buddy Richard Rhoads, who was the model for the character of Omar.

if ya have Kindle, I suggest ya get it....and it is free.

curley[/quote

Cool!

Archived