SASS Wire Forum

Christopher Dorner

Black Harris  #154

Seems like he's holed up in a cabin now. Remember that line in die hard when one of the badguys says words to the effect of "oh look LAPD has an RV" as the APC roles out? I think this would be a great time to employ such a vehicle, or maybe a borrowed M1 Abrams tanks. Yeah that would be much better, an M1 and instead of using a sissy little ram thingy one HEAT round from the 120MM main gun to open the door and one round of flechette to "pin him down".

Believe it or not, but one of the major news stations in LA (CH 9, owned by CBS) is preempting the SOU address with the coverage of this event. At this time, they are still covering it.

Believe it or not, but one of the major news stations in LA (CH 9, owned by CBS) is preempting the SOU address with the coverage of this event. At this time, they are still covering it.

And they were doing really well until Carter Evans reported that Dorner had flash suppressors on his rifles so they were silenced and the officers could not determine where the fire was coming from.

BH

And they were doing really well until Carter Evans reported that Dorner had flash suppressors on his rifles so they were silenced and the officers could not determine where the fire was coming from.

BH

And the ex FBI deputy drector who said rounds cooking off made it too dangerous to get close because of the projectles flying around

:rolleyes:

And another this morning "expert" explaining that tear gas isn't really a gas.

ex FBI deputy drector who said rounds cooking off made it too dangerous to get close because of the projectles flying around

Believe the ex FBI deputy director should go back to school and read the SAAMI video

If ammo is not confined in a firearm's chamber a sealed can of soup can present more danger than the ammo in a fire. However, if that same round is in the chamber of a semi auto firearm with a full mag each round can cook off and fire cycling the gun as designed and chamber another round. Recoil can cause the gun to turn slightly or jump severely depending on power of the round and weight of the gun. This will lay down some very effective supressive fire until the mag is empty or the rounds in the mag cook off before they are chambered.

I would guess he had more than one loaded semi auto so imagine that scenerio happening several times as the fire would reach one firearm and then another.

Rounds in a revolver will fire just as if the primer was impacted but only one will exit the barrel the others will most likely impact the frame in front of the cylinder

I am a retired firefighter and if I had standard firefighting gear on and someone threw six 45 lc rounds in a camp fire I might not be happy but I would not fear for my life. Take those same six rounds put them in tight chambers(so they cannot come out easily) of a cylinder removed from one of our cowboy revolvers and throw that in a campfire and all I can say is try to keep up boys cause I am getting out of Dodge. :unsure:

Hope this helps,

Smoke

Archived