SASS Wire Forum

Bomb squad called to suspicious vehicle close to my house

The bomb squad was called to a suspicious pick-up truck behind a strip mall less than five blocks from my house. They evacuated the mall but us resident's in the area (mine is the closest to the area) didn't get any notification to stay indoors and buckle up. This happened this morning during morning madness getting kids to school. I thought it was an accident when I got out of my subdivision. Glad I turned the other way.

Bomb squad called to suspicious vehicle in Hurst

UPDATE: Federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service questioned suspect.

I wonder if Agent Ziva David came over to investigate. Would like to have met Agent Jethro Leroy Gibbs.

Police said they found a handgun and "possibly a rifle" and what they described as "suspicious" government documents in the truck.

You should be wery, wery scared. Just wait until they find out how many guns and ammo you have in your house and that you like to shoot cowboys for a hobby. B)

Police said they found a handgun and "possibly a rifle" and what they described as "suspicious" government documents in the truck.

You should be wery, wery scared. Just wait until they find out how many guns and ammo you have in your house and that you like to shoot cowboys for a hobby. B)

Thank goodness I "don't" reload. ;) ;)

I find it curious that the folks in the strip mall knew it was the cleaner's truck, yet likely as not, one of them reported it as suspicious. Obviously not getting the whole story here.

That news story has the ear marks of trouble. Not certain that this episode is the end of the book.

But I suspect that police work sometimes begins with a single arrest.

As Paul Harvey would say, let us hear THE REST OF THE STORY.

As Paul Harvey would say, let us hear THE REST OF THE STORY.

Yeah,around here a vehicle that looked like it had been in an accident would not be suspicious, unless it was still in the middle of the road. Behind a strip mall? Isn't that where shop owners and employees normally park? And "possibly a rifle"? Huh? Was it inside a cane? Search on what grounds? It exists therefore it is suspicious? If the handgun were in plain sight that might be cause to contact the owner...not sure of Texas laws about that. And then there's the bomb squad....MAYBE they called them out to give them a practice run.

I'm with BMC, there has to be

I'd like to know more about his "brief" military service.

So far he looks a bit like a duck and quacks like one.

So it went from a handgun and "possible rifle" to a rifle and an "assault weapon". What caliber are them "possible rifles?" Are they SASS legal????

A volitile dry cleaner? With an accent? maybe he is kin to Seinfelds "Soup Nazi"! NO SHIRT FOR YOU!

Archived