SASS Wire Forum

Authentic Kepi?

Come On Christmas

Forage cap....yup.

....As to the look.....take that dude and cock it off to one side or the other and it'll look great! Just a little lean to it!

I've been thinkin' of gettin one (Probably a CS cavalry) just for those days when I want to wear a cap with my ......regular clothes! (implying that my SASS clothes are my regular clothes) :rolleyes:

It would stay period correct without having the cowboy hat in the way....like when driving to and from shoots and such. I tend to wear my duds when working around the house and pretty much anything. One of those might be more practical for times when a cowboy hat is a bit much.......(Think Deets on Lonesome dove) sort of an ex CS cavalry soldier turned cowboy.

.......Dang, now I want one! <_<

:D

~EE Taft~

I've been thinkin' of gettin one (Probably a CS cavalry) just for those days when I want to wear a cap with my ......regular clothes! (implying that my SASS clothes are my regular clothes) :rolleyes:

It would stay period correct without having the cowboy hat in the way....like when driving to and from shoots and such. I tend to wear my duds when working around the house and pretty much anything. One of those might be more practical for times when a cowboy hat is a bit much.......(Think Deets on Lonesome dove) sort of an ex CS cavalry soldier turned cowboy.

.......Dang, now I want one! <_<

:D

~EE Taft~

Here ya go.

C&D Jarnagin :)

The more you wear a Bummer, the more seasoned it will get. When new they don't flop right.

Utah the Reb in his youth. :lol:

Thanks, UB.

I hadn't found them yet!

Good looking stuff and the prices are a bit better than some others I've seen.

.......Y'all realize that when I get some new piece of clothing I have to go through the whole "Wife laughing for a month until she gets use to it" thing, Right? :lol: It's ok though, I have fun with it! Always have! :)

~EE~

Here is a good source, also.

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way for Kepis and Bummers

Blockade Runner 1

Whole page of CSA Kepi's

CSA Officers kepi's

IIRC, at some distant past date, some folks made leather kepi hats for the general consumption. I doubt that they were ever GI Issue or even CGI issue. But some folks thought that they were fashionable ( I hate the use of the word cool for a description of the social acceptability of things) and so they sold a few.

I. myself, never did cotton to them, but others had different ideas, so be it.

IIRC, at some distant past date, some folks made leather kepi hats for the general consumption. I doubt that they were ever GI Issue or even CGI issue. But some folks thought that they were fashionable ( I hate the use of the word cool for a description of the social acceptability of things) and so they sold a few.

I. myself, never did cotton to them, but others had different ideas, so be it.

They still sell them. They are abominations, popular mainly with the biker and trailer park communities. :rolleyes:

In their defense, I guess they would hold water for a bit. Not much else I can say for them.

Now a good wool Kepi or bummer is a thing to behold. I myself, always was partial to the blue ones,

thinking that the Southern boys would not want to look like the Northern boys. Of course the French

military influence was strong at that time. Further evidenced by the photographs of the time and the

poses of the subjects. Napoleon comes to mind, posed with his hand in his vest.

Here is a good source, also.

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way for Kepis and Bummers

Blockade Runner 1

Whole page of CSA Kepi's

CSA Officers kepi's

+1 for blockade runner! That is where my forage hat be from. Check out the Havlock to go with a Kepi to keep the sun off your neck. Looks like your in the French Foreign Legion.

Chameless :~>=

Archived