SASS Wire Forum

My first attempt at video editing, top shootist challenge

Grizzly Dave

Hawkeye Gin inspired me to try video editing.

After a few screwups and train wrecks, it turned out decent, simple, but decent.

Total run time is about 20 minutes but you should be able to skip ahead if you want.

Grizz

I'm hoping that Hawkeye Gin will take a look at my vid and give me some input. I used Windows Live Movie Maker to do it, I'd imagine there are better apps out there, but that's what I had on my computer.

Buzzard - There was no way to get behind the shooters and still get them both in the frame. I did pan the targets after the first pair so that you could see how the targets were set.

Satbush and Tim, thanks for the kind words.

Nice work Grizz. Looks like everybody had a great time.

Thanks Philly, you should come up for this match next year! Nellie Blue came up this year and says she'll be back next year. She is such a sweetheart! :wub:

Well good job on your video.

But that was a loading contest that broke-out in gunfire.

:D

All part of being a top shootist! ya never know when yer gonna be standing at the bar, maybe cleaning yer guns, and need to load fast and shoot!

I shout it was great, open to all who wanted to give it a try, quick running, and lots of fun to watch.

I understand that with larger matches an open to all comers man on man would be difficult, but it worked great for this match. And starting empty and loading 'on the clock' as it were was a fun twist. Variety is the spice of life!

:D

All part of being a top shootist! ya never know when yer gonna be standing at the bar, maybe cleaning yer guns, and need to load fast and shoot!

I shout it was great, open to all who wanted to give it a try, quick running, and lots of fun to watch.

I understand that with larger matches an open to all comers man on man would be difficult, but it worked great for this match. And starting empty and loading 'on the clock' as it were was a fun twist. Variety is the spice of life!

If ya see me standing at a bar - the last thing I am gonna be doing is cleaning my guns!! :lol: !!

Looks like fun to me tho

Good job Griz

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I'm working on one now that shows one person shooting each stage of the main match, well, I'm hoping for a different person shooting each stage, but we'll see. Along with that will be titles and abbreviated stage instructions. So far I got the main title and stage one done. The rest will have to wait til tomorrow or I'd be up all night. So far I'm liking how it's turning out.

Way Cool, Grizzer! Thanks for all the hard work and for sharing all of your videos. I was sad to have missed the Pawnee Annual. It was great to see friends shooting well from the best seat on the range!

Way Cool, Grizzer! Thanks for all the hard work and for sharing all of your videos. I was sad to have missed the Pawnee Annual. It was great to see friends shooting well from the best seat on the range!

You missed an awesome match King, and we missed having you there.

Now that Pawnee Station has facilities for long range, it has be thinking about taking the scope off my Marlin Alamo Commemorative and finding some all lead 30-30 rounds. But with my eyes, I'm not sure I could see the targets, much less hit them!

Cool video Grizzly Dave, I enjoyed watchin’ that. It was cool to see the different approach folks had to shootin’ the stage. Thanks for sharin’.

A small piece of friendly and unsolicited advice for next time; you could save the viewer a little time by editing out the “shooter on the left, ready? Shooter on the right, ready?” segments and pick up right at the stand-by. It’d just shave a few seconds off the video.

I'll keep an eye out for your next video pard!

Thanks for the input Jed, I'll keep that in mind.

My next video is uploading now, and I did figure out and use the clip tool to add some short snippits to show the stage layout when the video I chose didn't show it too well. I've only been using this software for two days, so there is a little bit of a learning curve teaching this old dog some new tricks. It is fun editing the videos but is does take some time!

I'll post the next vid in it's own thread, be on the look out for "Shootout at Pawnee Station - the Main Match in 11 minutes"

Archived