SASS Wire Forum

Colonel Dan's column

Just got my June 2012 Cowboy Chronicles.

Colonel Dan's column is spot on this month. (please don't interpret that as saying anything about any other month)

I too am tired of political posturing by those who have no backbone. :rolleyes:

There is nothing that should keep the USA from energy independence. :FlagAm:

America First and always!

Colonel Dan for President !!! :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Just got my June 2012 Cowboy Chronicles.

Colonel Dan's column is spot on this month. (please don't interpret that as saying anything about any other month)

I too am tired of political posturing by those who have no backbone. :rolleyes:

There is nothing that should keep the USA from energy independence. :FlagAm:

America First and always!

Colonel Dan for President !!! :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

I'm on board with the good colonel 99% so I'm looking forward to his latest...

GG

This is the greatest nation that the world has ever seen, but I believe that only a fool would want to be president in the current protocol and processes of our government. I believe that our Col. Dan is too smart to want this lousy job where sniveling idiots, shysters and ne'er-do-wells try to accomplish their various agendas, fill their own pockets and pretend that we cannot see them.

Our government and nation would best be served by a complete change of the guard and a man like the Colonel in the meaningful leadership role.

As our timer operators say: 'Cowboy's ready!!!'

It seems only snakes, liars, ne'er-do-wells, rats, crooks, and megalomaniacs want that office.

Col. Dan doesn't fit the mold. :FlagAm:

This is the greatest nation that the world has ever seen, but I believe that only a fool would want to be president in the current protocol and processes of our government. I believe that our Col. Dan is too smart to want this lousy job where sniveling idiots, shysters and ne'er-do-wells try to accomplish their various agendas, fill their own pockets and pretend that we cannot see them.

Our government and nation would best be served by a complete change of the guard and a man like the Colonel in the meaningful leadership role.

As our timer operators say: 'Cowboy's ready!!!'

SADLY, I think you are right.

Ignoring age, as a standard test would you let your daughter, niece etc date a man you ran for or became president within the last 100 years?

It seems only snakes, liars, ne'er-do-wells, rats, crooks, and megalomaniacs want that office.

Col. Dan doesn't fit the mold. :FlagAm:

I believe that you are right on who wants and can actually get the office.

Look at ..... No not going there.

But there is a possibility of an exception.

I believe that you are right on who wants and can actually get the office.

Look at ..... No not going there.

But there is a possibility of an exception.

Yup - gotta remain hopeful otherwise why even vote.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

While I concur with Colonel Dan, I understand that the demographics of the United States has changed greatly over the last fifty years or so and the social moral values have also changed. We are not the same country that we were fifty years ago, or even twenty. Politicians have been with us since the first shots at Lexington Green and even before. That never changes. But the mind set of the population is subject to change. If you dispute my words, wait for the elections in November. They will tell the true story.

Yup - gotta remain hopeful otherwise why even vote.

Sadly it often comes down to the lesser of two weevils. ;)

It twas a good article!

Thank you all for the kind words. I never know what awaits me when a post references my column! This was a nice surprise!

As for being President, I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence; you do me far more honor than I deserve. Seldom are career soldiers very good at civilian politics. But if you want to know why I couldn't live long in that world, I challenge you to watch just one hour of C-Span. I'm afraid I'd end up doing one of my "distinguished colleagues" bodily harm before my term was over! :-)

Soldier on my friends.

Thank you all for the kind words. I never know what awaits me when a post references my column! This was a nice surprise!

As for being President, I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence; you do me far more honor than I deserve. Seldom are career soldiers very good at civilian politics. But if you want to know why I couldn't live long in that world, I challenge you to watch just one hour of C-Span. I'm afraid I'd end up doing one of my "distinguished colleagues" bodily harm before my term was over! :-)

Soldier on my friends.

:lol: ...at least Colonel...er...Congressman West is doing his best to assimilate. Hopefully he can represent as an exception.

Thanks again Colonel Dan :)

Soldier on my friends.

I know!

It makes me sick to watch even a minute.

But the ideas you put forth are right.

And sadly the level of integrity observed in the current legislature and executive branch is beneath contempt.

Col. Dan's words had iron in them.

...appreciate an honest straightforward man...

...too bad we don't have any (apparently) men with these traits in office at the national level...

Colonel, I agree with you the majority of the time and if you decide to run I'll support you any way I can. However I think my dad was correct when he said that if any man wanted to be president it should be taken as prima facie evidence that he wasn't suited for the job.

Now if you were drafted.......! :D

Wouldn't it be nice if we are the ones exporting oil/gas to China.

Instead we export lead so they can use it to paint toys and send them back to walmart in violation of our lead on toy laws.

I agree with 40( don't keel over, Tom) :rolleyes: There's too many career pols out there with some pretty screwy agendas.

there have been a lot of Presidents that were military men first, not all did well in politics, but at least they had some backbone :blush:

Archived