SASS Wire Forum

Zombies beware

Went to the toy store department of Outdoor World and Lo and Behold! they are stocking Hornady"s Zombie Max!!!

Started grabbing all I could carry until I realized what was the price per box! No matter. Grabbed the essentials and ran for the cashier's.

Then in the car I started to look at what I got. It even comes with instruction on the box on how to use the stuff. Pretty neat!

They have this green thingy stuck in the tip of the hollow nose. The box does'nt say what it is but am willing to bet it's made out of some secret stuff which is highly toxic against Zombies! Probably similar to the Holy Water used against Vampires and such! Wow!

I'm ready now!!:D :D :D

Couldn't find any in .223 nor 30-06 nor 8mm Mauser nor 303 Brit nor any of the Russkie stuff Utah Bob is so fond of, but, Oh well!

Went to the toy store department of Outdoor World and Lo and Behold! they are stocking Hornady"s Zombie Max!!!

Started grabbing all I could carry until I realized what was the price per box! No matter. Grabbed the essentials and ran for the cashier's.

Then in the car I started to look at what I got. It even comes with instruction on the box on how to use the stuff. Pretty neat!

They have this green thingy stuck in the tip of the hollow nose. The box does'nt say what it is but am willing to bet it's made out of some secret stuff which is highly toxic against Zombies! Probably similar to the Holy Water used against Vampires and such! Wow!

I'm ready now!!:D :D :D

Couldn't find any in .223 nor 30-06 nor 8mm Mauser nor 303 Brit nor any of the Russkie stuff Utah Bob is so fond of, but, Oh well!

Last time dem type folks showed up we threw dem in the bayou and de gator's took care of them!

The green stuff is indeed a secret compound which is compacted into the nose of the projectile. Hornady, thus far, has been pretty "hush hush" on its make-up due to pending patents, but a fairly informed source says that it seems to be a condensed form of alien gamma rays that can literally wipe out several zombies at a time just by passing through them. The new boxes have a warning printed on them about not touching the green tip unless you are wearing heavy rubber gloves. If you have inadvertently touched the green tip in your handling of the bullets, it probably wouldn't hurt to either contact your physician or call the local poison control hotline. Apparently, if you're not a zombie and happen to touch the stuff, it won't kill you...but it'll give you a bad case of warts. :)

They have this green thingy stuck in the tip of the hollow nose. The box does'nt say what it is but am willing to bet it's made out of some secret stuff which is highly toxic against Zombies! Probably similar to the Holy Water used against Vampires and such!

I think it's probably what we commonly call plastic. :lol:

JHC :P

The green stuff is indeed a secret compound which is compacted into the nose of the projectile. Hornady, thus far, has been pretty "hush hush" on its make-up due to pending patents, but a fairly informed source says that it seems to be a condensed form of alien gamma rays that can literally wipe out several zombies at a time just by passing through them. The new boxes have a warning printed on them about not touching the green tip unless you are wearing heavy rubber gloves. If you have inadvertently touched the green tip in your handling of the bullets, it probably wouldn't hurt to either contact your physician or call the local poison control hotline. Apparently, if you're not a zombie and happen to touch the stuff, it won't kill you...but it'll give you a bad case of warts. :)

OH LOWDY! DON"T SAY DAT! I WENT TO THE BATHROOM RIGHT AFTER HANDLING THEM BOOLITS!!!!

Oh you said warts! I thought you said Fa... nevermind.

148 grains to the forehead is toxic enough for them Walkers. ;)

So what caliber didja get? I've seen that stuff around, but for the price I'm gonna let 'em keep it. I'm still in the process of ordering several kinds of ammo to try out before we stock up. And waiting for $%^%$& UPS to deliver my scope! :angry:

My new Zombie rifle (in case anybody missed it........or cares) :lol: This isn't MINE but I'm too lazy to post a pic. Mebbe when and if my scope gets here.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=xZf&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1280&bih=639&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=vBX1BaMFEgv5HM:&imgrefurl=http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ptr91gi308g3-basedrifle.aspx&docid=lxP86dsyXO7tJM&imgurl=http://www.onesourcetactical.com/images/products/detail/DSC_0731.jpg&w=800&h=530&ei=WbXKT6eGBon02wWi3pDaCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=697&vpy=192&dur=123&hovh=183&hovw=276&tx=169&ty=96&sig=106726625301810379146&page=2&tbnh=140&tbnw=187&start=15&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:15,i:115

Changed pic.

JHC

So what caliber didja get? I've seen that stuff around, but for the price I'm gonna let 'em keep it. I'm still in the process of ordering several kinds of ammo to try out before we stock up. And waiting for $%^%$& UPS to deliver my scope! :angry:

My new Zombie rifle (in case anybody missed it........or cares) :lol: This isn't MINE but I'm too lazy to post a pic. Mebbe when and if my scope gets here.

http://www.hkpro.com...you-got-35.html

JHC

Just got a box of .380's. I figured it might more effective than the Selier and Belot FMJ's I've been using on my SIG P238. That stuff is pricey, $19.99 for 25 rds. I also got 25 rds of Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense. And that one was real expensive at $23.99 a box.

Definitively nothing I'm going to be burning a lot of at the range.

They also had 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 38 Special, 9mm and 40 SW and there were a lot of empty slots. The stuff appears to be literally flying off the shelves.

On a different note, for quite a while, the Outdoor Life store I frequent in Davie, FL had taken all pistol caliber ammo off the shelves. You had to ask for whatever you wanted and they would bring it out for you. Now everything is back outside.

P.S. Nice rifle.

Just got a box of .380's. I figured it might more effective than the Selier and Belot FMJ's I've been using on my SIG P238. That stuff is pricey, $19.99 for 25 rds. I also got 25 rds of Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense. And that one was real expensive at $23.99 a box.

Definitively nothing I'm going to be burning a lot of at the range.

They also had 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 38 Special, 9mm and 40 SW and there were a lot of empty slots. The stuff appears to be literally flying off the shelves.

On a different note, for quite a while, the Outdoor Life store I frequent in Davie, FL had taken all pistol caliber ammo off the shelves. You had to ask for whatever you wanted and they would bring it out for you. Now everything is back outside.

P.S. Nice rifle.

I think you mean Outdoor World.

Do they still stock Goex. They were about the only place around anymore who did when I left the area in '06.

I use Wolf or Tula 380 for practice and shoot up the good stuff at the end of the year.

For Zombies I use FMJ

It really seems to make my day

I prefer full jacketed lead

When dealing with the not-quite-dead

Walkers tend to come in hordes

So I recommend you fill your Ford

With ball ammo and plenty of it

Cause when it hits you'll really love it

I nail em when they're in their trance

(from far away if I get the chance)

But commercial stuff is plenty pricey

And the economic times are dicey

So Load your own and load em cheap

It works just fine on undead creeps. :lol:

I think you mean Outdoor World.

Do they still stock Goex. They were about the only place around anymore who did when I left the area in '06.

I use Wolf or Tula 380 for practice and shoot up the good stuff at the end of the year.

Yer right! I must have been thinking (???) of the TV Channel.

Funny you should ask. Yes they had Goex. The main reason I went there was to see if they had FFFF black powder, .31 cal lead balls and percusion caps for the 1849 Pocket I just bought from Dixie Gun Works. They just had the caps. I'll have to go elsewhere for the black stuff and lead balls. The last time I shot black powder was in 1981 so I've got a lot to learn. Bottom Dealing Mike put the itch on me with his videos.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently, SASS Member and Firearms Expert for Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior, Gary 'Gatling' Harper, presented a panel discussion on Zombie Killing with Crew Served Weapons. Here is an interview by The Firearms Channel of Gary and his Zombie killing display at Phoenix Comicon.

The Firearms Channel on Youtube

Saw a sticker on the back of a car this weekend that said "Zombie on Board", so I reckon I better get some.

I just ordered five boxes of 12g from Cabelas. I live next to a cemetery, so...

Howsabout some Walkers for those walkers?

JHC ;)

http://www.google.co...9QEwAA&dur=3484

Got a pair of original 1851 Colts, 2nd Gen Dragoons.

Now dat will take care of dem critters real good ! LOL

BMC

nice rifles , I want to get a real nice stock for one , but , then she just ain't right .

I havs seen some that had real pretty wood on em , most looked like FENCE POST materal :blink:

CB

I re-stocked my M1 from a stock I got from the CMP. At $120.00 it is pricey but it's American walnut and not oversized like the Greek stocks. The end result is fantastic!

You definitively get what you paid for.

But................no Zombie ammo in 30-06................................

And I thought all mil spec 30-06 was walker medicine. :blink:

But what the heck do I know.

Tracers work good on 'em, it sets their little insides on fire. You can bait a hole with pig brains and they'll come runnin'.....

Roll yer own is the way to go. I bought 1000 Z-max bullets fer my AR-15 (50 grain .223) this spring for mucho dollars less than the same bullets in their V-max configuration. Better stock up while ya can! :D:P:lol:

You fellows are making me feel bad. I keep thinking that I am way over gunned with a .30-06 cartridge for Zombies. Just not sporting. I have always heard "Bring enough gun!". I don't recall hearing "Ya brang too much gun, son!" :unsure:

Maybe I need a new gun in a new caliber? :blink:

Perhaps a .270 WSM? Naaaa, too much velocity. How about a nice m1 Carbine?

Archived