SASS Wire Forum

If I CCW up this may be the one for me

...I have always touted that I would like to have a SP101 as a carry gun if I were to get a CCW - but I may just look into this R9S ...from the video it seems very well built and very simple to use. Might just need to handle one if I see one on the shelf...

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/node/9

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Try the Ruger LC9. The DAO trigger takes a little getting used to but you will quickly, or at least I did. Pocket holster in shorts, sweats, jeans and you almost forget it's there.

The Rohrbaugh R9s seems a bit pricey at $1150. How 'bout the Ruger LC9 for $443?

The Rohrbaughs have always been the Cadillacs of the subcompact semi-autos. For as many reliable options that are now available though, the Rohrbaughs are way overpriced. A subcompact is a tool. If there is one that gets the job done (i.e. is 100% reliable) for $250*, there is no reason to spend over a grand for one that does the same thing. Save that kind of dough for custom 1911's and race guns.

*My KelTec P11 has been 100% reliable and cost me around $250. It's not pretty, but then again, I don't plan on showing it off to people either.

Top of the line gun. I'd have one if I could afford it.

I hear y'all on the price, but my thinking is if I can get a $1000 gun for CAS or spend near $3000 for a C Sharps for pleasure, than $1000 is nothing if it means potentially being used to defend my family of my own hide.

But yes, when the time comes for CCW I will do more homework - Thanks pards ;)

I hear y'all on the price, but my thinking is if I can get a $1000 gun for CAS or spend near $3000 for a C Sharps for pleasure, than $1000 is nothing if it means potentially being used to defend my family of my own hide.

But yes, when the time comes for CCW I will do more homework - Thanks pards ;)

If it is worth the price to you, then buy it and enjoy. My grandmother always said "Life is too short to be a cheap &ss", or something to that effect :lol: . I've always had a hard time following her advice, but occasionally I'll splurge and buy something nice like an HK P7 or a Noveske; While I can readily admit that both cost more than they should (not the "best bang for the buck"), I don't regret buying either. If it makes you happy, go for it.

If it is worth the price to you, then buy it and enjoy. My grandmother always said "Life is too short to be a cheap &ss", or something to that effect :lol: . I've always had a hard time following her advice, but occasionally I'll splurge and buy something nice like an HK P7 or a Noveske; While I can readily admit that both cost more than they should (not the "best bang for the buck"), I don't regret buying either. If it makes you happy, go for it.

We'll see - as mentioned in my previous post I'll need to do my homework first :D

Verra Nice.

But I'd get your CCW -- and anything. These are strange times.

Anybody remember G. Gordon Liddy radio show? I loved it. His advice was when it came to buying a weapon, whether a knife or firearm, was to buy the best quality your budget will allow. Then as your finances improve you should upgrade your weapon(s).

I am hard pressed to think after surviving a self-defense situation someone would say "gee even though this Rohrbaugh just saved my life it is overpriced. I think my life is just worth the cost of a Ruger."

P.S. I also drive a big pick-up with a big front bumper and biggest engine Chevy offers.

P.S.S. I also own a Seacamp LWS.

P.S.S.S. I can not think of a time when I regretted buying the best quality product I could afford.

P.S.S.S.S. Sometimes I wonder why my bank acoount is zero. :P :P :P

So many toys, so little money to buy them.

I tend to think this way, I'll put my money into what I'm going to use the most. I use my cowboy guns the most, so that's what I have the most money into.

Like someone else said, it's a tool. You can buy a hammer for a couple of bucks that will give you many years of good service. But if'n you're swinging one a lot, it might be worth getting a better more expensive hammer.

So many toys, so little money to buy them.

I tend to think this way, I'll put my money into what I'm going to use the most. I use my cowboy guns the most, so that's what I have the most money into.

Like someone else said, it's a tool. You can buy a hammer for a couple of bucks that will give you many years of good service. But if'n you're swinging one a lot, it might be worth getting a better more expensive hammer.

..or if your life or those you love depend on it ;) That's always a good factor to input.

How 'bout the Ruger LC9 for $443?

Not until they get them debugged. I guy I work with has one - it's been back to Ruger twice and still isn't right.

Lots of other forums with info on them, all with the same problem = the striker channel fills with debris and it won't fire.

They seem to unlock early, which takes the pressure off the cartridge base; the primer backs out slightly, and the burning powder gasses jet past carrying molten primer cup material into the pin channel. Forms little discs that then retard or block the striker from doing its job on the next round.

GG: I'll try to remember to throw my LC9 in the car and you can play with it this weekend. One thing to remember with small guns...the bigger the caliber in ratio to the size the more bark and sometimes it can be a handful depending on the person. Just sayin

KK

Looks like another Seacamp copy .

And like most Seacamp and copy's overpriced .

I think I will keep my LCP.

GG: I'll try to remember to throw my LC9 in the car and you can play with it this weekend. One thing to remember with small guns...the bigger the caliber in ratio to the size the more bark and sometimes it can be a handful depending on the person. Just sayin

KK

That would be great KK ~ nothing like a few rounds downrange to get a 'real-world-how-would-it-do -for-me' scenario :D

Archived