SASS Wire Forum

?"Country Music" ?

Jack Houston # 35508

Jack, I'm afraid that country music, like you and I know it, is almost a thing of the past. These so-called "country" musicians, in my opinion, are little more than rock musicians who have labeled themselves "country" in order to make more money.

I've been trying to find a real country music or cowboy music dance band who could use either a bass player or a guitar player. I'm getting a little discouraged because I'm starting to believe that there ain't no such animal.

However, I did see one while I was visiting our kids down in Tucson last summer. Of course, the youngest guy in the group was in his late sixties. So, like I said, we're considered dinosaurs. :angry:

Jack, I'm afraid that country music, like you and I know it, is almost a thing of the past. These so-called "country" musicians, in my opinion, are little more than rock musicians who have labeled themselves "country" in order to make more money. you got that part right friend

I've been trying to find a real country music or cowboy music dance band who could use either a bass player or a guitar player. I'm getting a little discouraged because I'm starting to believe that there ain't no such animal. Not total true we have a shooter goes by River Ranger that has a band that plays Country music and Western music you would like him Slim

However, I did see one while I was visiting our kids down in Tucson last summer. Of course, the youngest guy in the group was in his late sixties. So, like I said, we're considered dinosaurs. :angry:

OK, been watching the Academy of "Country Music" Awards Show for over 30 minutes...........when will someone do some "Country Music" ??? :unsure:

Most of today's "Country Music" is neither. AND most of the ones producing it couldn't make it in real rock and roll.

Come to think of it, most of today's "artists" couldn't make it as real rockers either!!! :angry:

Country music died about the same time NASCAR turned into fake stock cars. Pretty boys driving crappy cars and listening to crappy pop music, consuming energy drinks.

LL'

It's time to listen to Cowboy Music.

Don Edwards

Sons of the San Joaquin

Quebe Sisters Band

Red Stegall

Juni Fisher

Nashville country music is done by lawyers and "focus groups".

Most all the true country & western singers have been replaced by cute girls in sholrt skirts or guys with torn or tight fitting shirts and pants. The true country singers did not need to show off to be remimbered their voice was all that was needed. Besides in the old days they sang about real life things.

Well, I don't like the hip hop inflection in todays music but lets face it country is ever evolving. Are Ernest Tubb, Lefty, and Hank country? Eddie Arnold, Jim Reeves, and Kenny Rogers revisionists? At one time it wasn't all "country" cause there was Western, Honky Tonk, Western Swing, and Hillbilly Music. Now the genre is defined much narrower. All I can say is that if you like a certain style of music you better just buy a bunch of CD's you like and get over it. It won't get any better.

Micheal Martin Murpy is playing on the 11th at Mavericks Roasting Co. i'll be gettin his autograph,then in June,it's Juni Fisher and hopefully the Sons of the San Juaquin will be there.I hope to get thiers and Juni's the same night on my old guitar.Mavericks is about 2 blocks west of me.If anybody is in the area,come see the shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK01Ce3SZT0&feature=related

I also think their so called "tribute" to Earl Scruggs was not even worth the little effort they put into it. I would be embarassed by that showing.

Ol Roy Acuff would be turing over in his grave at the whole show...

curley

That was absolutley the worst ACM awards show ever!! Man I could barely stay awake!:angry: Rye

Archived