SASS Wire Forum

RIP Joe Paterno

Joe Paterno did many wonderful things for people and despite the latest blemish on his life he will always be respected by me as one of the greatest coaches of all time - May your soul rest in peace Mr. Paterno.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

What you say is probably true Gunner but Joe crossed my line and thats all I have to say about that.

That's fine and respected - I am speaking of his postion as coach and his philanthropy - a proven record. Until the trials happen and proven information come out I will leave my reservations about him involved in that horrid scandal aside today and focus on the good he has done for many.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Thats cool, lets release all the murders, rapists, child molesters and such since they will be judged by god. And when something like that hits close to home for you, remember who are you to judge!!

C'mon Bane... that's not what Rusty meant. Paterno is DEAD. Nuff Said! Why cuss a rock?

However... let me tell ya 'bout my own isolated prejudice...

Although I lived in Jersey at the time, I used to work for a rather vicious fella outta Philly... Little Nicky. One of the worst times of my life...

And since that time... I can not even stand to think about "Philadelphia"... or even Pennsylvania, as a whole.

Lost part of my foot durin' that time... and it has shamed me to this day.

ts

As Lord Acton said, power tends to corrupt.

Virtually every human being who is in a position of power for too long, ie decades, is to some degree corrupted or produces corruption around him among his subordinates. This sort of thing happens in every walk of life. The deification of longtime coaches, ministers, local politicians, you name it, is always a bad thing.

Thats cool, lets release all the murders, rapists, child molesters and such since they will be judged by god. And when something like that hits close to home for you, remember who are you to judge!!

Too late LB it already happened(to a family member) years ago. I am still no mans final judge!

Thats right, you are no mans FINAL judge. Yet they can still be judged by man. If you want to throw out bible quotes, theres many that say to obey the laws of man. 1 PETER 2:13 for instance.

LB you are absolutely right! I never meant to infer mans laws are not to be followed. I served on a jury two years ago that sent a young man to prison for sexual abuse. Twelve of us had no trouble following the law and convicting him and I have no qualms about my guilty verdict to this day.

Paterno is dead and has received his final judgement. I can only hope that the others involved recieve their earthly judgement first!

I apologize if anything previously said upset you, it certainly was not my intention!

Have a great day!

LB you are absolutely right! I never meant to infer mans laws are not to be followed. I served on a jury two years ago that sent a young man to prison for sexual abuse. Twelve of us had no trouble following the law and convicting him and I have no qualms about my guilty verdict to this day.

Paterno is dead and has received his final judgement. I can only hope that the others involved recieve their earthly judgement first!

I apologize if anything previously said upset you, it certainly was not my intention!

Have a great day!

Apparently I misunderstood and if so, I apologize.

Yes. He was a good coach.

Helped some people along the way.

BUT. When it was REALLY time to step up and save kids from a monster.

He FAILED. Enabled him to keep doing it to even more. This is when he REALLY could have stepped

up and saved some kids from real harm. To protect them. But he instead wanted to protect his football

team, school and HIS program.

The good he did does not out wieght that in my opinion.

And getting sick of people making out like he was some great hero.

A good person would have stepped up and STOPPED it from EVER happening again.

The whole bunch need to go to jail and have it happen to them. He got out easy in my opinion.

He FAILED.

Yeah... but he is friggin' dead now. Be kinda hard to come back and do some dam good at this late date.

It's hard to be repentant as a sinner... whilst ya stand before Judgment day.

Hope I laugh when somebody kicks my dead-a$$ carcass... although it looks like I'm hell-bound in the end.

ts

Yeah... but he is friggin' dead now. Be kinda hard to come back and do some dam good at this late date.

It's hard to be repentant as a sinner... whilst ya stand before Judgment day.

Hope I laugh when somebody kicks my dead-a$$ carcass... although it looks like I'm hell-bound in the end.

ts

Don't want to kick him.

Just SICK of people making out like he was some sort of great man.

Great men do not shrink, when needed most.

Don't want to kick him.

Just SICK of people making out like he was some sort of great man.

Great men do not shrink, when needed most.

Yeah... but he has shrunk.

Satisfied?

ts

NOPE.

Don't know what you'll find after "hate"....

Not sure you want to....

But if that's what yore after.

You'll get it.

I'm done with ya.

ts

Don't know what you'll find after "hate"....

Not sure you want to....

But if that's what yore after.

You'll get it.

I'm done with ya.

ts

Don't really give a rats a$$ if you are done with me or not.

Could care less.

And never said I hated the man.

Just tired of all the people saying what a great man he was.

Ask those kids that got raped after he know it, and could have stopped it

if he is a great man.

I am fine with letting him RIP. But lets stop with all the hero worship.

His community as a whole repsects him so it doesn't matter what anyone here thinks of him.

The real bastard in all this is alive and going to trial.

GG

He FAILED. Enabled him to keep doing it to even more. This is when he REALLY could have stepped

up and saved some kids from real harm. To protect them. But he instead wanted to protect his football

team, school and HIS program.

The good he did does not out wieght that in my opinion.

And getting sick of people making out like he was some great hero.

A good person would have stepped up and STOPPED it from EVER happening again.

The whole bunch need to go to jail and have it happen to them. He got out easy in my opinion.

Isn’t 20-20 hindsight a wonderful thing it allows people to sit at home with half the facts and criticize a man they never met concerning decisions that they never had to make.

Easy isn’t it

Isn’t 20-20 hindsight a wonderful thing it allows people to sit at home with half the facts and criticize a man they never met concerning decisions that they never had to make.

Easy isn’t it

He said it was reported to him!! He even said HE should have done more!!!

How do you know I never had to make that decision???

In fact I did have to. And at 12 years old. A man down the road when I was a kid

adused one of my friends. He did not report it to anyone. But did tell me. I screamed it

to everyone. It was looked into and they found out he had done it to another boy a few years

before that, and had also been abuseing his own kids for years. He ended up in jail.

So you can kiss my A$$ with all that other crap. I DO KNOW WHAT IT TAKES to report it and do something.

Him and the others just passed it off and let him keep abuseing others for years.

How many did not have to go through that.

He is NO hero. We need to stop with all the hero worship of his man.

Isn't 20-20 hindsight a wonderful thing it allows people to sit at home with half the facts and criticize a man they never met concerning decisions that they never had to make.

Easy isn't it

+1

GG you know where you can put that.

This stuff is personal to me. As far as I am concerned. Joe had a part in the harm

that was cause to every single boy that it happened to after he found out, and helped hide it.

GG you know where you can put that.

This stuff is personal to me. As far as I am concerned. Joe had a part in the harm

that was cause to every single boy that it happened to after he found out, and helped hide it.

...and you know where you can put your self-righteousness....I ain't in the dark to these situations either fella.

...and you know where you can put your self-righteousness....I ain't in the dark to these situations either fella.

It's not self-righteousness. I just don't get. And am tired of people holding up a man as such a GREAT

man. That let this happen after he found out.

And he even said that it was reported to him. So don't say he did not know.

Just don't understand how anyone could look up to someone like that.

I wish the whole bunch that knew about it, and did not stop it could also go to jail.

If you want to look up to a man like that. Go ahead.

JoePa is the same as "Chester Molester", and anyone that sticks up for his actions also. Leave the sicko alone unless he is the kind of soul ya like to worship.

Too lame...nobody here is 'worshiping' anyone.

GG

Maybe I should have used the word "Praise", as that seems to be what you are doing, heaping praise on a person that allowed child molestation to continue. That's plumb sick.

Archived