SASS Wire Forum

RIP Joe Paterno

Perhaps we should cool our jets and step back from the keyboard, fellas.

Don't want to kick him.

Just SICK of people making out like he was some sort of great man.

Great men do not shrink, when needed most.

Well put Al, I agree 100%, Rye

+2

Great coach? Sure.

Great man? Not when it counted most!

...when all the facts come out and allegations proven that may end up being the case.

GG

I told somebody and nothing was done about it so it must be alright, I can wash my hands of it. Seems like to some here that its all good, just the price of admission.

Where did you read that someone here thinks 'it's all good'?

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Where did you read that someone here thinks 'it's all good'?

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Some here may not think it's all good, but sure leave the impression that they do.

It’s not all good in fact it’s horrendous, but what we are saying is blame the right person and that’s not the football coach. He reported it to the people who had the responsibility, ability and authority to order the investigation and did not. The failure was there and not with the coach.

Its not all good in fact its horrendous, but what we are saying is blame the right person and thats not the football coach. He reported it to the people who had the responsibility, ability and authority to order the investigation and did not. The failure was there and not with the coach.

While in the military, I was told to report to my chain of command. If things were not resolved then I climb the chain of command until I reach the top. joe was far from the top. If the campus did not want to pursue allegations of this magnitude then he should have reported to off campus authorities and if that failed, report to the news, that would have brought the problem to light. No, he is not the only guilty one, if fact hes not the most guilty, but shame still be on him. Being the great man everyone thinks he is he should have done more.

Its sad ones guilt is overlooked because he was a good coach. Maybe if it was your child, that would change your mind on the guilty parties, then again maybe football and and the pride of pa is more important.

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET

--- then again maybe football and and the pride of pa is more important.

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET

Truer words were never spoken. That is what it was all about, a good name and football. Kids were not important, just football, Joe even stated that he could have done more but didn't. Shame on the mess.

If you can even remotely believe that Joe Paterno didn’t care about kids then you don’t know anything about Joe Paterno. The man poured millions of dollars of his own money into non athletic programs at Penn State. There is a reason that the library not the stadium bears his name, there is a reason he endowed a fellowship program in Liberal Arts, there is a reason his student athletes had one of the highest graduation rates in the NCAA. He had more academic all Americans than any other coach. He worked tirelessly for Special Olympics. Kids were his life and he was as proud of the honor student as he was of the all American athlete. All 60,000 students on that campus were his kids.

No you don’t know Joe Paterno and it’s a shame and your loss that you never will.

I for one am proud to say I did, and as Charley Pitman said at his memorial service Rest in Peace coach we will take it from here.

If you can even remotely believe that Joe Paterno didn’t care about kids then you don’t know anything about Joe Paterno. The man poured millions of dollars of his own money into non athletic programs at Penn State. There is a reason that the library not the stadium bears his name, there is a reason he endowed a fellowship program in Liberal Arts, there is a reason his student athletes had one of the highest graduation rates in the NCAA. He had more academic all Americans than any other coach. He worked tirelessly for Special Olympics. Kids were his life and he was as proud of the honor student as he was of the all American athlete. All 60,000 students on that campus were his kids.

No you don’t know Joe Paterno and it’s a shame and your loss that you never will.

I for one am proud to say I did, and as Charley Pitman said at his memorial service Rest in Peace coach we will take it from here.

Yea, Im sure you and joe were good buddies. You and sandusky are probaly good buddies too! Good thing you were a cop. Hopefully the autorities in pa arent subject to hero worship too or sandusky may walk free.

Lead Bane...C'mon ...what you said aint right man. Gettin personal where it doesn't need to go.

GG

Thanks Gunner I won’t even dignify his comments with a response

Yea, Im sure you and joe were good buddies. You and sandusky are probaly good buddies too! Good thing you were a cop. Hopefully the autorities in pa arent subject to hero worship too or sandusky may walk free.

Sounds about right to me.

Archived