SASS Wire Forum

Don't Know Who Had More Fun Today

Bama Red

Took the Saddlerock Kid to the North Alabama Regulators monthly shoot today, where he promptly won the Wrangler category! We had thirty-five brave souls who braved the wind, rain and overcast skies (and probably more than one hangover!) to shoot five interesting and challenging stages. I've got a video of him running a stage that I've posted on YouTube:

He's already talking about next month's shoot and how he can shoot better.

I'm afraid that I failed to convert him to the Darkside. He shot my ammo, which has caused more than one RO/TO to reach for a second set of earplugs to stuff in on top of the first pair. Also couldn't convince him that ,45's and .44-40's were the way to go. He's talking about .38/.357's, so if you've got pistolas or rifles for sale, let me know and I'll pass on the info.

Bama, it was good meeting Saddlerock Kid. Glad you could make it as well.

We'll just have to keep trying to convince him about the big boy bullets :)

Jeeeez Red, there looks to be something wrong with them guns. Did you blow a ring? Looks like they are burning oil. All that smoke can't be good. :unsure:

Glad you fellows had a good time, but better yet, your SIL knows that that smoky stuff ain't all that good.

Now, Badger, you just hush, before I'm forced to come out there and teach you the error of your heathen ways! :lol:

Smokeless powder, indeed!! Who in their right mind would want such a thing? :D

Researchers have found that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body.

Therefor, left handed people are right brained.

I am left handed, thereby being in my right brain or mind.

I choose smokeless powder.

:D

Congrats on hooking your son in law.

Grizz

Exactly my point, BMC!!!

People who shoot smokeless are brainless!! :D:o:lol:

Bama...I'm late getting to this party but I'm here. What a great thing...SIL shooting with ya...and holy black yet! Thanks GOODNESS he has the good sense to shoot smokeless...I've seen his FIL and he's is more than wacky from inhaling holy black fumes :)

Very cool Bamas'' but is there another kind of ammo other than BP????? lol

This may sound corny, but I haven't had so much fun at a shoot since my first shoot! Not only did I get to shoot with my pardners and SIL, but I got to experience CAS thru his fresh, unbiased eyes. He was nervous when we got to the range (just as I was five years ago), and wanted to make sure we got there early enough so he could practice with each gun. He met a bunch of cowboys and cowgirls whose names he won't remember for a while, got to talk shop with several other LEO's who are SASS and NAR members (he's a sergeant over patrol in a nearby town) and got to shoot five cowboy stages that were completely new to his shooting skills.

We each had a train wreck stage (compliments of my poor reloading skills :angry: - didn't crimp a couple of rounds tight enough and the bullet telescoped into the brass, jamming the rifle up), but it didn't make any difference. We both had a ball!! I wish I could do this every day and twice on Sunday! :lol: :lol:

He's already making plans for next month's shoot, but I probably won't be recovered enough from surgery to shoot for the next 3-4 months <_< .

Doesn't matter - I still can't wait! I hope all y'all have as much fun at your next shoot!

P.S. - And shoot whatever powder blows your skirt up! I don't care, honest. A lot of my good shooting buddies shoot mouse fart smokeless loads in .38. More power to 'em! I happen to like full case loads of stinky, dirty smoky, flame spitting, honest-to-God BP in either .45 or .44-40 with heavy lead slugs on top and lots of smoke and flame every time I pull the trigger. As long as you have fun and I have fun, there can't possibly be anything wrong with either of us. Peace.

Bama,Glad the Saddle Rock Kid had a great time, look forward to him joining us again.Hope everything goes well with your surgery, keep us posted.If ya need anything just holler i'm just down the road. LSC

BTW Didn't hear any reports on any small earth quakes in your area,hope the 50 cal went well for ya.

Charlie -

I have cleaned out the barrel, nipple and flash hole real well and hope to get out and shoot it today. I did go out and pop a few caps thru it to make sure I had gotten all the gunk out of the barrel and breech, and everything looks good!

I want to thank you for the rifle and for the loan of the gunleather for Saddlerock Kid. I greatly appreciate it and do not hesitate to ask if there is ever anything I can do for you.

OK, Charlie!

I went out in the back yard and put a few shots on paper to see how the sights were set up. From thirty yards, I put three shots in a group at three o'clock and slightly low. You could cover the group with a drink coaster. I have a feeling that had I shot off sandbags or shooting sticks, that the group could have been covered with a half dollar.

That's a very fine shooting rifle! :)

I hate that I missed y'all last weekend. Other responsibilities prevented my attendance. :angry:

Hope to meet the SIL soon.

Keep me posted on your surgery, and as usual, if you need any thing....

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Bama... I'm hopin' to meet ya soon. Yore a fella who knows how to celebrate and enjoy life.

Glad you and the SIL... had a good time.

ts

Thanky kindly, Blackwater & ts!

ts, the pleasure will be mine, might even have to buy ya a cold adult beverage or twa.

Archived