SASS Wire Forum

Ruger 1911

Go West

I finally got some rounds off in my new Ruger 1911 yesterday. Only had time for a mag of Wolf ball and 4 mags of 200 gr SWC ammo. Went bang every time and seemed to shoot soft. The sights were very nice and the fit and finish is quite good. If someone's interested in a modern Wild Bunch pistol, this should fill the bill. I'll be interested in comparing groups with my commander-sized S&W, but until then, it seemed pretty accurate.

...and if Ruger comes out with a fixed, non-adjustable, blued version to mimick a M1911A1 pistol I'm all over it :D maybe name it ~ SR1911A1 ~

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I want a SR 1911, and am hoping that by the time I have the gold to buy one that they'll have one out with the ambi safety for us left handers.

I'm hoping by the time I have the gold to buy one they are in full production , so the price is down some. All I have seen were at scalper prices.

I caan wait , Rex :D

I want a SR 1911, and am hoping that by the time I have the gold to buy one that they'll have one out with the ambi safety for us left handers.

Not hard to install one if needed.

So, that's what all the racket was on the East end of the range yesterday.

I think AZ should have made that gun the official State handgun, since it is made here. Cool that it says "Prescott, Arizona" on the side.

I had to do considerable polishing to the lower breech face and tail of the slide to get the pistol to ramp over the disconnector and cock the hammer. Also found the springs unusually heavy. Changed those out too.

Only disappointment is that the cut for the slide stop goes up, through the rail. An unnecessary shortcut, IMHO.

I think it will be a good-un.

Got to shoot a Pards SR1911 this weekend.

Liked it a bunch.

Put my name in the hat to get one as soon

as my FFL can come up with one.

Marshal Stone

So, that's what all the racket was on the East end of the range yesterday.

I think AZ should have made that gun the official State handgun, since it is made here. Cool that it says "Prescott, Arizona" on the side.

Sorry but Utah beat you to it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/18/us-automatic-pistol-utah-idUSTRE72H08Z20110318

I have a SR1911 and love it .

I walked in to the locale gun shop back in may and there it was .

They said they just put it in the books that day.

I got it out the door for 670.00 and I have to say its worth two times what I paid .

I have owned meany 1911s from cheap to Kimber to Gold cup and I would put this SR1911 up against them all .

Ruger did a great job ,it very accurate very nice looking and a series 70 style gun.

And best of all its 100% AMERICAN MADE !

I think Ruger did Justus to the 100th anniversary of the 1911 .

I got mine early for only about $400.00 It will shoot anything accrate. Like mine a bunch.

Look on gunbroker (auctons by Paula) she sells only for the buy now price on most guns. Her site only

has 3 pages but wait a day or two and she has her site up to 8 pages. Best prices anywhere.

See Ya CCBA

:FlagAm:

I got mine early for only about $400.00 It will shoot anything accrate. Like mine a bunch.

Look on gunbroker (auctons by Paula) she sells only for the buy now price on most guns. Her site only

has 3 pages but wait a day or two and she has her site up to 8 pages. Best prices anywhere.

See Ya CCBA

Hay pard I have bought guns from Paula and she has great prices .

But no way did she have a new Ruger SR1911 for 400.00 .

Good PR work but not believable on that price .

I am not trying to call you a layer but im just saying not at 400.00

Ran another 2-300 rounds through it yesterday and absolutely love it. I had multiple ragged holes at 30 ft. One round didn't go bang and I saw it didn't have a primer. :rolleyes::unsure: I had no issues with the gun using the issued 7 round mag or the 4- Chip McCormick mags I have on hand.

Hey Pards, not to hijack th' thread, but I've heard rumors that th' Ruger 1911 won't take standard 1911 parts/accessories. Is there enny truth ta this?

Hope ever'buddy has a Merry Christmas an' a Happy and healthy New Year!

Got one on order. before I sell my Springfield are the mags same as would love to keep all my good ones??? Mule

<_< $400? Wow. I'll take 3 at that price. I hear Ruger is only producing 25 a week. Just left GRAFS in st. Louis and they had a Springfield set up and ready to run at $795. Saw a Kimber last night at $800 at another gun shop in the area..... $400(?) :blink:

Hey Pards, not to hijack th' thread, but I've heard rumors that th' Ruger 1911 won't take standard 1911 parts/accessories. Is there enny truth ta this?

Hope ever'buddy has a Merry Christmas an' a Happy and healthy New Year!

No truth to that rumor at all

God bless

Got one on order. before I sell my Springfield are the mags same as would love to keep all my good ones??? Mule

YEP ! Keepum

I think the $400 is for the ,22LR version not the .45.

Irish

Ruger has not announced a 22 version of the SR1911 to my knowledge.

They are surely making more than 25 SR1911s a week. But even 2500 a week would not meet the demand I don't think. At least the initial demand which is off the charts. I have yet to touch one. All the gun stores say well we had one but the waiting list is about a hundred. Soon as we called the guy to say it was in he came right down and carried it away...

Archived