SASS Wire Forum

Christmas List...

Deja Vous

It is that time of year when we normal Americans start making our wih list, decide what to give to those we love.. and bless God for all he has given us in our own lives. Yeah, I know none of us get everthing we want from God, but mostly we are pretty lucky to just live in America and own cowboy guns.. lol.. (sorry for the lack of politcal correctness for not saying "cowperson" guns)... Anyhow.. how many are getting or giving guns or gun related items for the holidays? The bigger question is how many of you would chip in on a tank for me .. lol.. Just kidding about that..

Hmmm. About that tank, sol.

Gun or related item for someone, hmmm. Maybe, but keep that under your hat.

How big of a hat are we talking here? I mean a tank would mean .. ah.. what a 2000 gallon hat? lol

Well, let's see....guns or gun-related gifts for the Holidays - hmmmmmmmmmm.

I've given myself two 1911's - a 3.5" sub-compact model and a 5" GI model I can use for Wild Bunch, and a Springfield Armory M1A this fall - do they count or can I still give myself a Smith & Wesson MP 15-22 for Christmas?

Don't know about Christmas....but after and on towards spring Mama and the boys will be workin' me over for some toys!

The short list:

Boys: 4 (yes that's right..4!) bearcats or maybe even single sixs or maybe Model P jrs., some sort of light weight Henry .22, 2 that is and a pair of Stoeger youth .410s......I wonder how long that will last until they want BIGGER gunz!?!? :blink:

Mama: She had her eye on a pair of Ruger Single Sixes in .32 (I beleive JW com. stainless) ....(might I add, they were beautiful!), A '73 in .45, and some breed of scatter gun of which she is still undecided! :wub:

And what do I want...........

That first day on the range with them.

~EE Taft~

I would dearly love to give or receive a gun for Christmas, sadly I see neither happening. As Santa has to use my bank accounts, his budget this year is pretty much non existent. But the a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, a job to go back to, relatively good health, we will celebrate Jesus, the true reason for the season and be thankful for all we have.

You know how all the advice is to go out and try different guns. Well, I went out and bought a Marlin CB in .357 for the wife. It was very stiff, hard to lever and she didn't like it at all. It now has a new home and her '73 is on order. It'll be an early Christmas present.

Barry Sloe

I would dearly love to give or receive a gun for Christmas, sadly I see neither happening. As Santa has to use my bank accounts, his budget this year is pretty much non existent. But the a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, a job to go back to, relatively good health, we will celebrate Jesus, the true reason for the season and be thankful for all we have.

Oh, hey, I did win a pistol in a raffle at a recent match, that's kinda like getting a gun for Christmas! Maybe one of my chapel raffle tickets will pay off the same way!

Oh, hey, I did win a pistol in a raffle at a recent match, that's kinda like getting a gun for Christmas! Maybe one of my chapel raffle tickets will pay off the same way!

I heard that you wuz on SANTA's BAD list, along with Chickasaw, Backwater, and me. Fine company

you keep. :)

Ol Santa has had a beef with me for some time, seems a lot of folks think I look more like Santa than Santa does!

If I had a nickle for everytime I saw a kid tug their moms pant leg and say "look mom, there's Santa, but why isn't he wearing his suit?" Often the moms are mortified, but I smile, give the kids a wink and a ho ho ho as I walk away.

It is that time of year when we normal Americans start making our wih list, decide what to give to those we love.. and bless God for all he has given us in our own lives. Yeah, I know none of us get everthing we want from God, but mostly we are pretty lucky to just live in America and own cowboy guns.. lol.. (sorry for the lack of politcal correctness for not saying "cowperson" guns)... Anyhow.. how many are getting or giving guns or gun related items for the holidays? The bigger question is how many of you would chip in on a tank for me .. lol.. Just kidding about that..

Well Deja, I have a 1903A3 in transit to a new home right now. My home that is. So it's my Christmas present to myself.

As for your tank. Just what are you looking for? A Shermin to protect the homestead, or an M1 Abrams for commuting back and forth to work? I hear those freeways can get pretty conjested at times.

Christmas presents?????? I've given hints to my kids, but they won't buy them for me. One Coach shotgun 12ga 20" ( don't have one yet), One 357 lever action rifle (don't have one yet), one gun cart (don't have one yet). I'm goin to look kinda funny goin to a match with guns strapped to my back.

I already know what Catherine got me for Christmas, but she won't let me open the box. :lol:

I'll tell y'all after Christmas.

Well Deja, I have a 1903A3 in transit to a new home right now. My home that is. So it's my Christmas present to myself.

As for your tank. Just what are you looking for? A Shermin to protect the homestead, or an M1 Abrams for commuting back and forth to work? I hear those freeways can get pretty conjested at times.

Considering the Tiger .. it is agile and has a cool paint job.. lol

Well, let's see....guns or gun-related gifts for the Holidays - hmmmmmmmmmm.

I've given myself two 1911's - a 3.5" sub-compact model and a 5" GI model I can use for Wild Bunch, and a Springfield Armory M1A this fall - do they count or can I still give myself a Smith & Wesson MP 15-22 for Christmas?

Bamas let Santa give ya the SW.. lol

Don't know about Christmas....but after and on towards spring Mama and the boys will be workin' me over for some toys!

The short list:

Boys: 4 (yes that's right..4!) bearcats or maybe even single sixs or maybe Model P jrs., some sort of light weight Henry .22, 2 that is and a pair of Stoeger youth .410s......I wonder how long that will last until they want BIGGER gunz!?!? :blink:

Mama: She had her eye on a pair of Ruger Single Sixes in .32 (I beleive JW com. stainless) ....(might I add, they were beautiful!), A '73 in .45, and some breed of scatter gun of which she is still undecided! :wub:

And what do I want...........I respect people like you.. I love and like people who not like you but respect goes to those who really understand what life is all about.. Very cool

That first day on the range with them.

~EE Taft~

EES. you are a great husband, a wonderful daddy, and a true western kinda man... You love your family and you understand how important family is. You know that family extends beyond just your blood. Family is what God wants for people someone else to go thru life with. And you found a true gem... I hope to get to meet you guys someday.. you both are very cool... My Dad is 92, there is not a minute he does not think of his wife, or speak of the years they have enjoyed together. He loves his kids, but his wife is the other half of him, and she loves him sick or well until the end of time and he loves her right back.

That is family, what it is all about, and darn hard to find but you did it... very cool....

My dad is a John Wayne type, like you are.

The Plug will not work with Jesus he will keep his guns.. lol.. Just kidding ya Grizzes... I hope you win another one..

You know how all the advice is to go out and try different guns. Well, I went out and bought a Marlin CB in .357 for the wife. It was very stiff, hard to lever and she didn't like it at all. It now has a new home and her '73 is on order. It'll be an early Christmas present.

Barry Sloe

WEll, darn you will have to break it in for her.. lol

Christmas presents?????? I've given hints to my kids, but they won't buy them for me. One Coach shotgun 12ga 20" ( don't have one yet), One 357 lever action rifle (don't have one yet), one gun cart (don't have one yet). I'm goin to look kinda funny goin to a match with guns strapped to my back.

Kids.. you might have to give them the money and a list.. lol.. Now that would work, huh? Gun carts, I found one in MO in Craigslist... and you can look in the classified too.. or get a wagon until you find the right one.. The honest truth is CFs... we just like it when people come out and shoot.. My gun cart pal has his own cart, but we cart togehter and reload together cuz it is more fun to have a pal and you have someone else looking out for you. When I need to run to the blue spa (our term for a j-john).. I know someone else is packing up the cart, or making sure I make it back out of the spa.. lol.. Just have fun.. take a wagon.. look around and see if you can find a cart mate. I was told it is called "cart dating" lol... But in truth it is not, it is about friendships and having a ton of fun. Sass pards will help ya, just speak up... Gosh they will even let you shoot their guns ..

I already know what Catherine got me for Christmas, but she won't let me open the box. :lol:

I'll tell y'all after Christmas.

Matts.. a couple things in life get to me.. and this is one of them.. I NEED to know now.. lol... I simply have to know.. you have to tell me.. I was the worst child about surprises.. lol and little has changed.. I just gotta know.. Tell me... Please...

This year I'm giving, not receiving firearms. To my brother-in-law, I'm giving an M1 Garand, and 2 very close shooting friends, I'm giving a .45 Uberti, and a 9422. (I won't have to buy, they'll be from my extra stuff). MT

That is very cool.. and I know they will love it... Guns make the best gifts they are fun. and they grow in value as long as you don't break them.. lol Uberti Cattleman?

That is very cool.. and I know they will love it... Guns make the best gifts they are fun. and they grow in value as long as you don't break them.. lol Uberti Cattleman?

Actually I should have said Cimarron. I have 2 Wyatt Earp Buntlines, (10" barrels). Giving one to someone that has helped me improve my shooting, and been patience with me. Always there to help me, and encourage me. He was the first, and only shooter to approach me at a match, and introduce me to CAS. Everyone else was in their world that day. MT

Archived