SASS Wire Forum

Two-Day Match at Doc Holliday's - June 11 - 12

Marauder SASS #13056

Nice vids Cassalong. I couldn't make the shoot this weekend, I can see I missed a good time. The stages I saw in the Youtuve videos looked good.

Only plus side is that I had some time this weekend to work on setting up my "new to me" Dillon 650 I got at Riverbend last weekend. Got it all set up, just a few minor adjustments and it'll be good to go. I guess I won't have any excuses about not having any ammo to practice with now!!

Hope to see everyone at the upcoming Mule Camp and Cherokee Cowboys shoot.

What a great shoot. Thanks to everyone who did so much to make sure everything went so well.I got to meet some old friends and met a lot of new friends. Posse 4 was a good posse to shoot with. I'll see you down the trail. Thanks again, Purly.

Whiskey,

Tres bien, merci!

I saw you and Bucky shooting in the videos, ya'll are both improving! Hope the loads are working out for the Marlin. I saw in the video where you had to "jiggle the handle" a few times with your Marlin there toward the end of the stage. Was that a lack of a firm hand using the lever action or the bullet length?

Planning a trip to Pontchatoula and to Houston this fall and found SASS shoots at both locations while I'm there. Border Vigilantes in Sorrento and Tejas Pistoleros in Eagle Lake. Visit family and shoot...a twofer!

Whiskey,

Tres bien, merci!

I saw you and Bucky shooting in the videos, ya'll are both improving! Hope the loads are working out for the Marlin. I saw in the video where you had to "jiggle the handle" a few times with your Marlin there toward the end of the stage. Was that a lack of a firm hand using the lever action or the bullet length?

Planning a trip to Pontchatoula and to Houston this fall and found SASS shoots at both locations while I'm there. Border Vigilantes in Sorrento and Tejas Pistoleros in Eagle Lake. Visit family and shoot...a twofer!

Kajun,

Merci! Lack of firm hand using. Slipped up couple times.

Sounds like you have a big fall planned.

The scores are up. Just late getting on the SASS Wire:

http://www.gacowboy.com/Scores.html

I enjoyed getting to see some "new faces" as well as some I haven't seen for a while.

It was great that Kid Concho dropped by as well. Some of you long-time shooters will remember that fine gentleman.

Really nice to talk with Hoppity as well as meet Whiskey and Bucky. There just wasn't enough time to greet some of the others or talk with them enough. But it was sure fun.

Next time, I'll try to bring my shotgun belt.... :blink:

They always put on a good match at Doc’s. It’s kinda’ far but I love to go there when I can because you have great people and great stages…….congrats to all the shooters.

Thanks all for the kind comments. The competition was fierce and I was humbled to come in second in my category--the heat was certainly a factor in trying to maintain focus. Marshal, you shot mighty well yourself! Congrats to Blue Jeans and Papa Jake for their Spirit of the Game Awards--well deserved. Posse 1 was an absolute delight, working smoothly for two days. And the people like Yank Machain, Capt. Bill Burt and lots of others who stuck around to help tear down (not to mention those who planned and set up the match) say a lot about the quality and dedication of the people who love this game. Hope to see many of you on the trail in the weeks and months ahead.

Cassalong Hopidy

Man, this was my kind of match, simple scenarios and big close up targets. Easy Rider is a great match director and kept everything moving right along. Big John can write stages for me to shoot anytime. This was mine and Kid Nama's first match for the year and we could not have asked for a better venue or posse. Now, if I can just get rid of those darn misses I might actually be a competitor again.:blush:

Archived