SASS Wire Forum

Two-Day Match at Doc Holliday's - June 11 - 12

Marauder SASS #13056

Well the folks at Doc Holliday's wanted to wait until after the Great Georgia State match to have a simple annual match.

So Doc Holliday's Immortals will be holding a 2-day 10 stage match on June 11 -12.

Saturday we will shoot 6 stages, followed by a couples and team side matches. A (BBQ) dinner will be furnished on the range Saturday night.

Sunday after Cowboy Church, we will finish up with 4 stages. Then lunch followed by awards.

It should be a fun match and costs only $35 for entry including dinner on Saturday!

Doc Holliday's Annual Application

Folks in the Georgia area can use it as an EOT warm-up

or just a really fun match to see friends and have a fun shoot.

That sounds great Marauder! I'll check the schedule and try to make it.

Will "Wild Bunch" shooters be permitted to shoot the match with the regular shooters?

Rolan, I think the club no longer allows that. As you know, they tried it and decided not to continue.

Hope to see you there.

Alice has lots of questions for you!

Rolan, I think the club no longer allows that. As you know, they tried it and decided not to continue.

Hope to see you there.

Alice has lots of questions for you!

Sounds great Dave!

I would like to camp on range, but don't want to be close to shooting bays. I have a small dog that can't deal with loud gun fire. Looks like plenty of camping in the area. I'm in.

Rolan, I think they are working on the stages, so I don't know right now.

Save yourself some time. The MOST fun at a match I ever shot at Griffin was the State Match where the theme was "Shanghai Noon".

Are there any camp grounds in the area ?

You can camp on the gun club grounds. There are some spots with electricity but no water nor other hookups.

Just let me know so we can plan accordingly. Cost is $25 for the weekend.

'Nooga

• 3 weeks later...

The theme is to honor Bronco Rider, one of our favorite cowboys that worked so hard for several clubs.

Check the updated website for the latest details:

DHI Annual Match

Marauder

Got my schedule rearranged so I can come. Can't wait and looking forward to shooting with so many good people. If there's anything better than a 1-day shoot, it's a 2-day shoot. Yeehawwwwwww!!!!!

Cassalong Hopidy

Here's a direct link to the stages. Once again I'm proving my insanity by going to play in the backyard of five-time world champion gunfighter, Easy Rider. I've never claimed to be totally sane. Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of him just before he goes around the next corner. :) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone :excl:

What a terrific shoot! Thanks Easy Rider and all the others who worked so hard to pull off one of the best 10-stage shoots around. Great scenarios and more than one challenging stage. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing old friends including Marshall Troop, Blue Jeans and Papa Jake from Valdosta, and had a delightful time shooting on Posse 3 with a bevvie of fast women--including Whiskey Business, Witch Doctor, Annabel Lee, Kid Nama, Katelyn Rose and her friend Red Headed Stranger. Got to study some of the speediest Seniors (my category) anywhere, including Swift Stoney, Marauder and Pig Iron Lane. Best wishes and good luck at EOT to Top Gun Fast Eddie and to McKenzie River Drifter and all the others making the trip. Bucky Buscadero--I'll be coming for you in Classic Cowboy shortly. For those of you who weren't there but want to see some of the action, go to my videos on YouTube--my username there is MrWatson65 (don't ask).

Cassalong Hopidy

Yep, it was a great match, well worth tolerating the heat for. Thank you Easy Rider and everyone at Doc Holidays for well written stages, good facilities and planning, and lots of bottled water! And a big shout out and thank you to all the pards and pardettes on Posse 3 - shooting was only half of the fun, you folks supplied the rest! And Cassalong, bring it on! My shooting is like my looks - they only get better everyday! :lol:

Bucky

You're the man, Tuco. Really enjoyed shooting with you and the rest of Posse 3--great job as RO too.

Cassalong Hopidy

What a match! A lot of work could be seen and it showed through to put this match on. Fast,furious, and fun, what more could one ask for. Posse "1" rocked and each shooter worked hard to make at posse duties, helping each other. My hats off to each one. Met lots of old friends and many new ones to enjoy future matches with.

I think all the "fast guns were "here".

Congratulations to Fast Eddie, (he's fast, like a blur), and Maggie Darlin for Top Guns.

Cassalong, you did good, especially with all them fast guns you have to compete against.

BlueJeans feels humble for the "Spirit of the Game" award".

Sugah, should have lots of pics comin soon. Though the shooting ones will be blurred by the speed.

Can't wait till next one. MT

Archived