SASS Wire Forum

SASS ready shotgun

As stepnmud said, many of the top cowboy gunsmiths such as Nate and others will sell you a gun that is slicked up. So contact your favorite and discuss it with them.

That probably includes Manatee, Jimmy Spurs, Long Hunter, Pioneer Gun Works, Cowboys & Indian, Walker 47, etc.

Goatneck Clem has done my last 3 shotguns, 2 were stoegers and one a skb.

+1 for Goatneck...got my slicked up Stoeger from him just a few weeks back. He also sells a couple other brands. Great doing business with him!

J.J.

+1 for Goatneck...got my slicked up Stoeger from him just a few weeks back. He also sells a couple other brands. Great doing business with him!

J.J.

+3 for Goatneck, very good pard and does great work.

Also Choctaw Silver Wolf he does great work as well on most any SxS.

Both good pards and gunsmith!!

Slick

I cannot speak for your experience with Stoeger 12 SxS coach guns. I am sorry you had "trouble" with yours.

Both my wife and I have 12 GA Stoeger SxS coach shotguns purchased in 1998. Both shotguns have had 5000+ rounds thru them in CAS matches. Both continue to shoot very well as I type. I hope they last many more years for us.

Chicken Coop

Sometimes I think it is best to go stock on the doubles. You will go through a fair period of rough break-in then a period of bliss before its worn out. Take a new one to the smith and you will not have the break-in BUT you very well may lose most, if not all, of the bliss also.

I have an older nickel and black stoeger that I would not sell for anything

I have a new model that is not near as nice and have had too many issues for it being a newer gun

Hoping to get a SKB soon and stop fighting the Stoeger I have now

Archived