SASS Wire Forum

Posting for sale or trade

I don't know if this riles anyone else, but it gets my goat when someone posts something for sale or trade and then it is like pulling hens teeth to get info or answers from them. They just seem to neglect the fact folks are interested and waiting for answers to an offer or trade. Just sayin, if you put something on here, be responsible for it till it is a done deal---quit leaving folks hanging.

I agree most heartily. I know that some times you forget to include something in the listing, but please answer questions promptly so we can give you our bags of gold for you stuff

Thanks

Two Feathers

And to further flog a deceased equine.... MARK IT SOLD when done so . Nothing like scrolling through 20 posts and a dozen pics to find a tiny SPF message on the last post.

I'm done

Mingo

Oh..oh....and he bought it/ didn't buy it , for sale/ sold posts

Need coffee

I have made offers on several in recent months without responce. In fact it was like the posts went dead with no more activity, was item sold, did seller get mad and leave, who knows? I will add that if one is not interested in counter offers, mention the fact rather than acting insulted and not replying. I do think we are seeing the new low on the Classifieds now, with many individuals selling toys that they would rather not sell. Its got to be a gut wrencher to see what the new going prices are for our treasures! Sometimes the offer is as much the max affordable, as it is a low-ball, for the potential buyer.

Along the same lines...

... awhile back, a member was looking for some rather hard to find brass, another member posted that he had some and quoted a very fair price, then the OP never posted again... weird... maybe he died or something?

Anyway, after several days, I offered to buy the stuff myself, and can now shoot an entire match with that particular gun and not have to switch mid-match! Schweet!

A couple years ago, a member had a 7 1/2" .44-40 Vaquero for sale... I posted, "I'll take it"... the next day, another member, posting a few posts after mine, also said, "I'll take it"... and the OP sold it to him instead... WTH? Now, the OP is certainly under no obligation to sell to the first "I'll take it", of course, but it was quite baffling, and rather ticked me off. :angry: I never did find another one, and finally gave up and sold the one I had.

I have posted things for sale when I was running my PC with the Vista program and it would not allow me to post to a photo loader for some reason. I explained that in my posting and said if you are serious about purchase I can send them via e-mail. I had several pards ask for pictures and have yet to sell to any of them. My prices were low and the guns new. Some people like to do what you request them not to for some kind of nutty fun.They must do as Duece posted and just collect pictures. The best ones are the posts that say "I wish I had the money" or "I just Bought One" or "that sure is a nice gun". You see that you had a reply and go to your posting only to read this. A big waste of web time.

I see point Pard. I have been tradin' here on the wire for years, bought and sold a lot of things and a lot of guns. 99.9% of the time the trades have gone very well. Just sayin', but I do see yer point and frustration. Good to vent some.

CODE OF THE WEST

1. Respect yourself and others.

2. Accept responsibility for your life.

3. Be positive & cheerful.

4. Be a person of your word.

5. Go the distance.

6. Be fair in your dealings.

7. Be a good friend and neighbor.

I'm wishing y'all a great Monday.

Roy

Here's one that chapped my hide. The seller wanted you to PM him with the "I'll take it" instead of posting it. I didn't see that at the bottom of his ad and posted "I'll take it" like we normally do. Later a feller came along and sent him the PM and he sold to them. He PM'd me later to explain that was his own version of selling so he could look at the time stamp on the PM to see who responded first. People shouldn't make up their own rules, just do it like it is normally done.

The best ones are the posts that say "I wish I had the money" or "I just Bought One" or "that sure is a nice gun". You see that you had a reply and go to your posting only to read this. A big waste of web time.

I've bumped things back to the top with these types of messages. Just trying to help & be a pard. I'll refrain from doing so in the future.

Sorry if it offended anyone.

I've bumped things back to the top with these types of messages. Just trying to help & be a pard. I'll refrain from doing so in the future.

Sorry if it offended anyone.

I think the way you intended your comments is the way most take it. "Nice gun" is just another way of saying BTT.

I'll tell you what burns my butt (besides a three foot flame) is comments like "That's too much" or "I bought one day before yesterday for a hunert dollars less." In my opinion, opinions regarding what you think someone's property is worth should be kept private. If you're wanting to make an offer or think something is too much and you just can't stand not to share that thought, put it in a PM.

I was at a ball game Friday evening and the concession stand had canned soft drinks for $1 and bottled water was $1.50. Who'da ever thought we'd be paying for water? When I stepped up to the window, I won't tell you what I was thinking, but I will tell you what I said, I said, "Coke please." :D

+1 Buck...

I do a lot more shopping than I do buying, but I do buy more than a lot of folks. I was always told that everything has 3 prices. An asking price, an offering price, and a selling price. If I'm looking for something, I usually know what it is worth. What I can get a new one for, and what used ones are selling for. A lot of folks buy something from their local dealer without price checking. When they decide it's not right and want to sell it, they want to get most of their money back. You have to remember what shipping costs are, and what a dealer will charge to accept shipment. The price can quickly go over what a new one would be, especially if the seller paid too much to start with. If I don't think the price is right for me, I just don't reply. If I think it's a good deal and it's just not what I'm looking for, I'll usually bump it back to the top if I see it going down the second page.

The main thing to remember, is try to only say what you would say to someones face and treat them as if they were standing at your door wanting to buy something.

I know everyone is not like I am but I only have access to a computer at night. When I have something to sell or make an offer to buy something I can not respond immediately to a reply at 8 am. Some folks seem to get very upset if they don't get an answer in 15 minutes.

Just my 2 cents.

Randy

These comments and replies are helpful. We have many personalities. Some of us go at everything like ki9lling rattlesnakes and others of us are oh so mellow about everything we do, most of us are in the middle. I've made STUPID comments or offers because I didn't read through the entire post. That's on me not the poster, but I still get PO'd at the other because it's more fun than owning my own STUUF. I realize after reading through all of this that our humanness is pretty obvious on the wire and is sometimes very humbling. Maybe that's why it all, CAS as well as classifieds work so well.

In closing I appologize for the problems I have caused others and reserve my human right to cause more usually inadvertantly.

THANKS

Levim Hangin Alis Levi

Don't post something for sale if you're not going to be able to respond for a few days. I was very interested in an item here one day but the seller posted it & then left town for 5 days. There's no excuse for that. Get a nice used lap top or even a notebook. I bought an Acer notebook with built in WiFi & web cam from Walmart for $250. Most motels, hotels, truck stops, rest areas & even hospitals have free WiFi. A notebook is great for travel. I even use it to make hotel reservations & look up area attractions while on vacation. I also use it to receive & send email & check the Wire.

Thanks Col. that is the type case I was referring to. 24 hours is a given, 2 days maybe, but when you get past 3 days why do you bother to post if you are not going to be able to field questions and offers in a reasonable amount of time. As I stated common sense and be polite.

Archived