SASS Wire Forum

Hey Uncle Cherokee Charlie

----------------------it wuz back in '17 when me 'n ole Bullsitter first discovered the mayopods over on an island off the coast of S.C. We set up our operation in a little settlement near Pocatallico over on the Yamasee River. We hired 12 Picaninies to pick the spinny pods--------------------------aw hell--you have heard this story before, you're just trying to see if I'm still drunk. I'll have you know BCM------------------CMB--------------------------MMCB------------what ever your name is, iam------------------not drunk

----------------------it wuz back in '17 when me 'n ole Bullsitter first discovered the mayopods over on an island off the coast of S.C. We set up our operation in a little settlement near Pocatallico over on the Yamasee River. We hired 12 Picaninies to pick the spinny pods--------------------------aw hell--you have heard this story before, you're just trying to see if I'm still drunk. I'll have you know BCM------------------CMB--------------------------MMCB------------what ever your name is, iam------------------not drunk

CC, just curious, how did you get the naise into the Mayo? MT

Well there you have it folks. Right from the Master's mouf.

If he is lying, I'm crying.

However, I heard that Bullsitter took all of the mayopods over to the distillery and sold them while Cherokee Charlie was trying to sober up under the Mayo bush. I guess we will never learn

the whole truf about the Mayo caper.

RMS Titanic was the largest passenger steamship in the world when she set off on her maiden voyage from Southampton, England, to New York City on 10 April 1912. Four days into the crossing, at 23:40 on 14 April 1912, she struck an iceberg and sank at 2:20 the following morning, resulting in the deaths of 1,517 people in one of the deadliest peacetime maritime disasters in history.

What is not commonly know is that in the hold of the ship was a large shipment of Cherokee Charlie's mayonnaise, bound for Mexico. You see, mayonnaise had recently been introduced to the Mexicans and they immediately fell in love with it. Fortunes were being made and the Mexican economy was booming. When word of the loss of the Titanic and this large shipment of mayonnaise reached Mexico City, there was great grieving and crys of sorrow. In response to this great loss, the Mexican government declared a day of morning. This holiday is still celebrated today. It's call Cinco de Mayo.

And that boys and girls is your history lesson for today.

Badlands Bob

Aw c'mon CC, ya knows Badger suffers from CRS...this will be a bran new story fer em. :blush:

RMS Titanic was the largest passenger steamship in the world when she set off on her maiden voyage from Southampton, England, to New York City on 10 April 1912. Four days into the crossing, at 23:40 on 14 April 1912, she struck an iceberg and sank at 2:20 the following morning, resulting in the deaths of 1,517 people in one of the deadliest peacetime maritime disasters in history.

What is not commonly know is that in the hold of the ship was a large shipment of Cherokee Charlie's mayonnaise, bound for Mexico. You see, mayonnaise had recently been introduced to the Mexicans and they immediately fell in love with it. Fortunes were being made and the Mexican economy was booming. When word of the loss of the Titanic and this large shipment of mayonnaise reached Mexico City, there was great grieving and crys of sorrow. In response to this great loss, the Mexican government declared a day of morning. This holiday is still celebrated today. It's call Cinco de Mayo.

Badlands Bob

;)

--------the little pods have spines on them so the little Pickaninnys would have to scoot on their backs under the mayo bushes to pluck the pods off. The pods would be transported to the pod-peelling house where they would be washed and peeled. Then they would be crushed and put into huge mixing bowls,sorta reminded me of mashed potatoes. Then the secret ingredient would be added...........................................................................

......................................................nope,not gonna tell ya whut that wuz---hafta kill all 'uv yas.

More later. This Crown Royal beginning to taste like ammmertto.

Aw c'mon CC, ya knows Badger suffers from CRS...this will be a bran new story fer em. :unsure:

Naw, think it more like C.C.R.S. !! :FlagAm:

For information purposes only. The name of the illness is C.R.A.F.T.

C. -- can't

R.----remember

A.---a

F.----frigging

T.---thing

This crippling disease was named after me.

BB :blush: it's ok if CC caint r'member the taste of amareeta it all goes to the same place anyhow :D

CC :D good to see you~~ Happy New Year! everyone at Gunfight was impressed with my knife sheath

I got a good recxipe fer bbq tofu steaks Badger, fer any pards who hate em :lol:

----------------------Where wuz I in the mayonaise story? Oh! Now when the peeled pods were mixed with the secret ingredients then we would add just a touch of lemon to give it a little twange to the taste(that wuz my idea).

Growing mayo pods is not the easiest job in the world because most wild animals love to eat these things. Why at one time when the pods were ripe we had no less than 10 Pickaninnys ,Bullsitter,the cook and myself all armed sitting up in tree stands around the fields at night and would shoot anything that had four legs. We had to protect our crop, you know. Betcha didn't know that animals loved mayo too, did'ja? Now, ole' Bullsitter, wouldn't touch the stuff. You see, his Mama, if she suspected he wuz coming down with sumtin' would make him hold a table spoonfull of Mayo in his mouth all night long and would make him swallow it before breakfast. He absolutely hates the stuff. Won't touch it. More later.

..several questions come to mind:

1. What color was the special ingredient?

2. Was the special ingredient local or shipped in?

3. Was there some special process used when mixing; like pressurized? ...or pressure heated?

4. How often was the mixing bowl cleaned? ...and who had to do it? ...was it Bullsitter, 'cause he'd clean the bowl real good without eating the product?

Okb

...but CC certainly implied his later was w**king, or else he wouldn't have said it.... :rolleyes:

Tell us about how you discovered Mayonnaise.

Please Huh, Please!

I love stories.. I could listen for hours...

Badlands Bob

You know I heard there where hundreds, no.. uh thousands of .. uh.. millions of scuba drivers out there trying to get that treasure... No one knew but the real treasure was the Mayo...

Well, after this story, I will never again put mayonnaise on my tofu sammish.

Pass the beer please.

yeah.. me too.. can you pass the alfalfa sprouts? lol

Beer, tofu and mayo. Can't beat it.

bean sprouts?

Please tell me you are not putting this on bread?? lol..

...well you gotta watch those sooners.....

...some will start out before the gun...

Archived