SASS Wire Forum

He's Ba-a-a-a-a-a-ck

Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880

Not meant to step on any Toes ,,,,,,,,, but how do you all KNOW this is so ????

In my OPINION there are folks out there that would rather see this game shot with Guns and Loads more closely repilicating those in use from 1850 - 1899...... And that should be their right !!!!

Flame Away

Jabez Cowboy

Jedi Salute to the Moderators.

That 'post' has been totally removed from that Thread. That is a good Thread and everyone was doing a good job of staying on topic until that 'guest' interjected is yuck.

Thanks, Mods.

..........Widder

In my OPINION there are folks out there that would rather see this game shot with Guns and Loads more closely repilicating those in use from 1850 - 1899...... And that should be their right !!!!

Jabez Cowboy

The fact is, I'm one of those people. Mostly, I shoot Classic Cowboy with loads I could take to a real gunfight when I'm not shooting Pale Rider or Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation with maximum big bore bp loads. I have friends who feel the same way and we get together and do our thing at many matches. BUT, we also realize that the majority of the people in SASS don't want to shoot that way and we don't insist that the whole sport and everyone in it conform to our view and repeat it over and over and over for years on end like a broken record. We also don't get nasty and rude to anyone who wants to play the game a different way and won't conform to our vision of this sport. You may have missed BJ the first few times around, or you would know what we're laughing about.

I think not!!!!

With more Colt 1836, 31 caliber revolvers produced than 1873 Peacemakers during the cowboy era, we would have to reduce the minimum caliber and reduce the minimum power factor to accomodate such an idea.

Who is in favor of that?

Cheers,

BJT

Flame Away

Jabez Cowboy

Flame Away

Jabez Cowboy

I agree, there are folks that think everyone should shoot what and how they shoot, exclusively.

But I don't agree any more than I would require them to shoot what and how I shoot.

I tire of some who say, "It is my right to .."

That is, they are saying it is their right to tell me what to do in areas where there is obviously freedom.

I do not believe they have the right to demand that I agree with them or comply with them.

Flame Away

Jabez Cowboy

Who said that they could not do just that????

What is stopping them??????

As for BJ's post.

They are all gone. :blush:

Flame Away

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez, it ain't only opinions but rather fact. There are those Pards out there that would rather see this game shot with Guns and Loads more closely replicating those in use from 1850 - 1899. And ya know what.....'THEY' CAN. The Wild Bunch allows this game to be shot pretty much to everyones taste in Cowboy stuff.

The biggest problem 'THEY' have is that 'THEY' want to dictate to everyone else how to shoot the game. There lies the problem of 'stepping on toes'.

In case 'THEY' ain't aware, this game is for entertainment and a good part of its originality came from those great B Westerns we all grew up with and our Saturday morning heroes.

So, before 'THEY' start pouting again, please let me tell a little secret: 'THEY' can shoot those guns that 'THEY' prefer. Just like everyone else has a right to play also within the guidelines and rules of this game.

I really don't know how much simpler it is or can become.

I'm really starting to feel sorry for those Pards who can't enjoy this game just because everyone don't play it 'their' way. So sad. Actually, it's quite pitiful.

..........Widder

Flame Away

Jabez Cowboy

Brass Popper confirmed via what he said in his PM to me that he and BJ are one in the same. I believe him. Wonder what rock he has been hiding under lately?

Pards;

I'm just glad that some went to the trouble to check this posters identity, as I did and yes it was he ....

My point was I had seen nothing, up to the point of my post that confirmed that it was indeed a TROLL named Bisley Joe....

And wanted to give the New to me poster the "Benifit of the doubt" accorded any man/lady until proven ortherwise .....

As for shooting what I want ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I most certainly Do !!!!

My loads match that of the orginal loads left me by my Grandad ,,,,,, and loads tested with 100 plus year old black powder in my C&B guns ....

The charges were measured using none-ajustible (Brass) measures that I inherited marked 36 & 44 ....

And other than a few folks that threatend me that they would make me "Pay for damaging targets" while using SASS approved loads, most folks just smile and take a step or two back when I come to the line ....

This my SASS Family is 99% great Folks ....

Jabez Cowboy

Pards;

My loads match that of the orginal loads left me by my Grandad ,,,,,, and loads tested with 100 plus year old black powder in my C&B guns ....

The charges were measured using none-ajustible (Brass) measures that I inherited marked 36 & 44 ....

Jabez Cowboy

You have BP that is 100+ years old? That is nice.

GP must have stockpiled a whole bunch of it for you to still be using/shooting it today.

Yep ;

I was left plenty of powder to conduct good scienctific testing in my facility, testing was done for accuracy,velocity and presure ....

While not enough for every day shooting, I have shot a match with it .....

I also have a supply of good Scotish powder I purchased in a rather large shipment 35 years ago .....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived