SASS Wire Forum

A good reason why

Matthew Duncan

A good reason why a Shooter should weight more than the gun.

Reason #1 But the gun is always pointed down range!

Reason #2

Oh please :)

in the first one she wasn't standing correctly AND you need to man handle the long guns!!!!!!! Don't be lady like with long guns!!!!

and the second one well what do you expect wearing something like that. She probably knew she was going to shoot a gun for the first time and thought that would cute to shoot in. Plus she was waaaaay to skinny.

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing ladies not being instructed on the correct way to handle a firearm, and having to suffer injuries because of it.

Maybe it's just me, but I like it when a lady is shooting and having fun.

And Ladies, whatch how the guy is shooting, pay attention to how he leans into it, and where his feet are. On second thought, some of those "guys" out there are dumbaces. If you want to shoot and do it right, go get some help from a real firearms instructor.

Reason #2

Position makes the difference... lol... and they were not in one.. lol

Oh please :lol:

in the first one she wasn't standing correctly AND you need to man handle the long guns!!!!!!! Don't be lady like with long guns!!!!

and the second one well what do you expect wearing something like that. She probably knew she was going to shoot a gun for the first time and thought that would cute to shoot in. Plus she was waaaaay to skinny.

Built for speed not comfort...

Texas Lizard

What kind of man wants to see his lady hurt?

If she has never shot before don't break out the 50! Show her the ropes and she will love the sport so much more!

+ I have seen gals who are awsome shots!

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing ladies not being instructed on the correct way to handle a firearm, and having to suffer injuries because of it.

Maybe it's just me, but I like it when a lady is shooting and having fun.

And Ladies, whatch how the guy is shooting, pay attention to how he leans into it, and where his feet are. On second thought, some of those "guys" out there are dumbaces. If you want to shoot and do it right, go get some help from a real firearms instructor.

Yep, in all particulars. I get so freaking tired of seeing some insecure horses behind having to "prove" to his honey how macho he is by setting her up to fail at shooting.

Kudos to the lady in that first one for keeping the rifle pointed in a reasonably safe direction and getting her finger off the trigger when she knows she is falling. Almost a shame that she didn't lose control and shoot her boyfriend in the crotch - not that he is likely to have much there, "hung like Ken" comes to mind.

The second one, she should have been given more instruction on what to expect. That said, I have seen others about her size shooting the DE in 50AE offhand (bullseye) with no trouble.

Reason #2

So, uh matthew I am up to 10 pizzas.. 18 cans of beer and a bucket of ice cream... how much do I need to weigh???? lol

The second lady's boyfriend was wearing a t-shirt that said, "F&*^ Y'all" He looks like a real winner, and if she wasn't smart enough to see what he was like, I don't know that I have much sympathy for her either. Stupid people doing stupid things on all fronts.

Seen more than one 200 plus pound man perform the same act as the second video. Seen two do it with my Delta Elite 10mm with first generation Winchester Silvertip ammo, and one with first gen Norma ammo. One of the ones with the Silvertips has a scar in his hairline to remember the occasion by.

Also seen more than one do it with a 4" Model 29 Smith & Wesson and full house .44 Magnum loads.

All of those after telling them, "it's gonna kick. Hold on."

There was an 8 year old boy killed in a southern state a couple of years ago by shooting a 454 SA, with his father's permission, and imbedding the front sight in his brain.

And we wonder why there are people out there that don't trust guns and gun owners?

Looking at some of the stunts on Utube, I don't trust the idiots doing the tricks.

Perhaps some are staged to make gun owners look stupid, but I suspect that

some are genuine and there are idiots with guns too.

I fail to see the humor of giving someone a weapon of such recoil and just turning them loose.

As a boy, I suffered the same fate at the hands of some of my adult family, and I lived to

survive it, but the suffering and pain made me rethink a lot of things. I guess I was not smart

enough to give up on guns, so I became a shooter.

And we wonder why there are people out there that don't trust guns and gun owners?

Looking at some of the stunts on Utube, I don't trust the idiots doing the tricks.

Perhaps some are staged to make gun owners look stupid, but I suspect that

some are genuine and there are idiots with guns too.

I fail to see the humor of giving someone a weapon of such recoil and just turning them loose.

Badger, there's a lot of wisdom in what you just said there, Pard. +1

Archived