SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

SOMEBODY, please tell me--------it ain't so. I'm afraid that if Ambush is moved to Labor day week-end they have seen the last of me. I would have to get a d-i-v-o-r-c-e if I mentioned leaving home that week-end. It's a family thing you know.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SOMEBODY, please tell me--------it ain't so. I'm afraid that if Ambush is moved to Labor day week-end they have seen the last of me. I would have to get a d-i-v-o-r-c-e if I mentioned leaving home that week-end. It's a family thing you know.

You took the motor home to get the air pressure checked in the tires and you got lost. Took a week to find your way home. It's all this new road construction. Of course, you'll have to cut Silver Dollar Don's tongue out.

I haven't heard of the dates changing. Sure hope not cause it will be HOT,HOT,HOT and a lot of folks do the family thing on labor day week-end.

I haven't heard of the dates changing. Sure hope not cause it will be HOT,HOT,HOT and a lot of folks do the family thing on labor day week-end.

I agree, just got off the phone with a couple shooters, and they said if its moved, they may not be able to come also since they always did things at Labor Day with friends and family. One said its what his wife allows him to shoot by spending other times at home since they don't shoot.

Kinda sounding like it might be the wrong move to make to move "Ambush". MT

I suspect that they are trying to put some more time between Ambush and Wartrace. As I recall, the Tenn State match was the weekend following Ambush. Several shooters have told me that they just couldn't do both on consecutive weeks. That's my guess but I'll show up at Ambush whenever they have it.

Pards,

The discussion about moving Ambush to Labor Day weekend is just that...discussion. It's not even been brought up at a board meeting yet.

The NAR directors will need to weigh the pros and cons, and make an informed decision.

I dare say, though...there's not a single day, nor weekend of the year that someone, somewhere, wouldn't have a conflict and not be able to attend.

Ya mean we're getting all worked up over a rumor? It ain't even Winter yet.

Of course, if it is changed to Labor Day weekend, that would make it a month sooner and MT would have to reset the count down clock.

Ya mean we're getting all worked up over a rumor? It ain't even Winter yet.

Of course, if it is changed to Labor Day weekend, that would make it a month sooner and MT would have to reset the count down clock.

It all depends upon which direction Birdgun Quail is going when he crosses the international date line on his way home. One way, it'll be a day later...the other way, a day sooner :blink::ph34r::ph34r:

Just today, I contracted with my family leather smith to build me the ultimate gamer Wild Bunch rig. There will be no more fumbling for magazines next year or having to draw out of a flap holster for me. It's gonna be wet molded and spring loaded.

Of course, he's not crazy about making magazine pouches. Mumbled something about wet molding leather takes out all his decorations.

He ain't say'in nut'n. :ph34r:

My family leathersmith is building me another set of clip holders to go on the rig that he built me earlier this year....

My family leathersmith is building me another set of clip holders to go on the rig that he built me earlier this year....

Those Wild Bunch scenarios tend to call for as many as 20 pistol rounds. It helps to have lots of mag holders. I actually saw your Wild Bunch rig and decided I needed one just like it. I'm having my leather smith call your leather smith. :ph34r:

It all depends upon which direction Birdgun Quail is going when he crosses the international date line on his way home. One way, it'll be a day later...the other way, a day sooner :blink::blink::ph34r:

Rumours has it that when he goes from one room to the next in his house, he's in another time zone. Or was that "Twilight Zone"? :ph34r: MT

Those Wild Bunch scenarios tend to call for as many as 20 pistol rounds. It helps to have lots of mag holders. I actually saw your Wild Bunch rig and decided I needed one just like it. I'm having my leather smith call your leather smith. :ph34r:

It is good that your leathersmith is tawkin' to my leathersmith! :ph34r:

...since my leathersmith goes around tawkin' to hisownself...

...now we know... :blink:

Rumours has it that when he goes from one room to the next in his house, he's in another time zone. Or was that "Twilight Zone"? :ph34r: MT

Rod Serling would be the perfect narrator when the tell Birdgun Quail's life story...especially the part about his travels. :ph34r:

Pee Wee Herman could play him in the big picture and ride his red bike to "Ambush". :):ph34r::ph34r: MT

And the story is titled... "In search of the Baptist Category...." and subtitled, "I know that GPS is around here somewheres..." :blink::blink::lol:

Vaya con Dios

On a more somber note... Ms. Maggie's father passed away around 2300 hours last night (Pacific time)... We are doing what we can as Ms. Maggie and her sister will have to make all the arrangements and I have to get everything ready for training before I go in for surgery in just over two weeks... Seems when it rains it pours...

Vaya con Dios

My sincere condolences to Ms. Maggie and prayers up for her Dad and the two of you, also.

What Bama Red said. My heart and prayers go out to you.

LMM thanks for stopping the rumor. I did not see it on the wire but then again I don't often go there.

Our condolences To Miss Maggie Flint.

As for us, we'd RATHER have Ambush the week it is now.

After missing all the fun, I have picked up a Marlin 39a. Now to find a couple of adjustable sight Single Sixes. The only .22 handguns I have now is a Ruger Mk III and a Browning Buckmark. Can I shoot those in "Modern Class"? Oh, the Ruger has a Red dot on it.

I also even... Gulp, picked up a Springfield Armory 1911. Damned thing STILL ain't Cowboy.

Rolan (Kicking and Screaming) Kraps

After missing all the fun, I have picked up a Marlin 39a. Now to find a couple of adjustable sight Single Sixes. The only .22 handguns I have now is a Ruger Mk III and a Browning Buckmark. Can I shoot those in "Modern Class"? Oh, the Ruger has a Red dot on it.

I also even... Gulp, picked up a Springfield Armory 1911. Damned thing STILL ain't Cowboy.

He's finally coming over to the Dark Side. If'n ya can't beat em, join em. :ph34r:

And the story is titled... "In search of the Baptist Category...." and subtitled, "I know that GPS is around here somewheres..." :ph34r::ph34r::blink:

Vaya con Dios

Now you fellas go a little easier on me! It ain't easy being a directionally challanged Baptist shootist. Heck, I've been known to get lost goin' from the firin' line to the unloading table. Then people yell at me. Hurts my feelers. Poooooor me... :blink:

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” :ph34r::ph34r:

...and as Birdgun Quail wanders about the streets of Huntsville, looking for hisownself's house, the gas tank is nearing empty, and he's not eaten since Ambush (that's odd for a Baptist); and while the Baptist Category has yet to be found; we find that....

-------------------there' a Kentucy Fried Chicken place over yonder on the corner--------------------so after a brief stop the journey resumed-----

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.”

LMM is talking in tongues

I see your already into Guns of Autumn mode.

May the horse be with you.

Just begun on your quest to be a Jedi gunfighter, you have. And with you also may the horse be.

Archived