SASS Wire Forum

Creeker, SASS #43022

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Creeker, SASS #43022 last won the day on January 29 2020

Creeker, SASS #43022 had the most liked content!

3 Followers

About Creeker, SASS #43022

• Birthday 04/21/1966

Previous Fields

• SASS #
  • SASS Affiliated Club
    Life Member Eldorado Cowboys

Contact Methods

• Yahoo
    ecowboyscreeker@yahoo.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Doing the best I can do. Guns, Corvettes and Life.

Recent Profile Visitors

Creeker, SASS #43022's Achievements

SASS Wire Vet

SASS Wire Vet (1/1)

1. Ya know - a couple of my companies are exploring A.I. for social media creation and automated responses. I initially skimmed the post the first time, but reading this post again - it reads almost EXACTLY like an Artificial Intelligence created ChatGPT style posting. And if you read it ALOUD - there is no doubt it is a generated post. Im having my doubts that our "friend" with a whole 5 posts actually exists.
  2. + as many as Widder wants. I have said this for "all the years" Speed is INFINITELY more difficult than accuracy. If you do everything correctly - you WILL hit the target; do everything exactly the same again and you WILL hit the target again. Accuracy (at least at "normal" people distances) is a trainable, repeatable skill - it is a SCIENCE. Speed is an ART. It is incredibly difficult to train another person to "go fast". Many, whether for fear of crashing, failing or "safety" have an internal limiter that they simply refuse to go beyond - they cannot or will not exceed a certain percentage of their ability. A number of folks on this forum have years of experience; boxes of trophies and many a story of trainwreck - the scars of which we wear just as proudly as the buckles on our belts. These are the folks whose "opinions" I seek out when I am exploring improvement.
  3. I have written the EXACT above sequence. I wrote it on three targets as a continuous sweep utilizing BOTH rifle and pistol. And the way I described it was A Nevada sweep - single tapping the ends and triple tapping the center for 20 rounds. (I did specify this one to begin on either END; but more for the benefit of simplicity for shooter and spotter than anything else) 1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3 this example begins on an end and finishes on the center. But it is still just a "Back and forth" Nevada sweep.
  4. As someone who lives in Nevada. A Nevada sweep that is UNSPECIFIED may start on ANY target. A Nevada sweep is simply a "back and forth" sweep - there is NO requirement for it to start on a given target; any limitation on rounds, number of targets or any requirement that it be solely made up of singletaps. Single tap Nevada on 4 plates - generally will begin on either end; but no requirement to do so. Double tap Nevada on 3 plates. Just as common to start in the middle as an end. Double Barrel Nevada sweep on 4 plates has a mixture of single taps AND double taps within the same sweep - generally will begin on an end target; but as long as the shooter starts with the singletap - target choice is immaterial. (1-2-1-2-1-2-1) Back and forth is simply back and forth. That back and forth is what defines a Nevada Sweep. If you want a specified start target - then say so. And as someone who has "likely" written more CAS stages and matches than anyone else in the state of Nevada - I will put my opinion up against anyone elses regarding the Nevada sweep.
  5. As a Left gun first Gunfighter... 3, 5, 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. As for the 2nd part of the OP. The penalty for not following a given sequence is a "P". The penalty for not striking a target is a "miss". But you cannot conflate the two requirements. Missing a target (completely and totally missing - not striking a like target) can never be scored a "P" Striking a (firearm correct) target can never be scored a miss.
  6. Contact Sirius and request their $5/ month deal. I have Sirius in my Corvette and when I let it expire; they flooded me with "Sign Up Again" offers. Painted Lady's new car has a "trial" offer that we will let expire and then wait until she is getting the same $5 offers. I listen to old rock, comedy, NASCAR and the NFL. I love it for road trips and cities where I dont have terrestrial radio staions programmed.
  7. Mount Whitney was one of my Dads favorite places. We have many many pictures of Monkey Rock in various permutations or decor. When my Dad passed after a long illness (brain cancer) that took the man that we knew away from us long before his body failed - it was on Mount Whitney that Desert Scorpion and I finally mourned. Sitting on a large flat rock watching the water flow down the mountain broke something in both of us and we simply sat there; arms around each other and cried. -------------------------------------------- Beyond that, Lone Pine is also home to a very cool movie museum that chronicles the hundreds (if not thousands) of movies and tv shows filmed in the surrounding area. (the Alabama hills) from Randolph Scott movies to Star Trek to Tremors to Iron Man. A fair amount of western movie memorabilia including props, guns and leather - including the Dentist Wagon from Django. Surrounding the Lone Pine area is (or was) also a fish hatchery that was being converted to a museum. And nearby is a reminder of our failures in the treatment of our own citizens during wartime - the Japanese internment camp of Manzanar. This is now a museum with a mixture of original buildings, reconstructions and history - our guide thru the camp was an elderly man of Japanese descent who had as a child been interred within this same camp. I have rarely been as struck emotionally as I was that day being able to touch the history of that place, hearing the words of an adult man still haunted by the wounds of his childhood and what it represented - and the vigilance required to never allow that to occur again. If the opportunity arises - I would recommend to every American a visit.
  8. Im a firm believer in multi tasking. If you have a number of tasks that take X amount of time - you can linearly stack those tasks individually and your time to completion is the SUM of each of those tasks OR you can attempt to complete some of those tasks concurrently getting you some "twoferone" deals in time spent. People tend to think of transitions (in our game) as the movement between positions or the transition between one gun to the next. But transitions can simply mean how efficiently you move shot to shot. Draw 1st - draw 2nd - cock 1st - fire 1st - cock 2nd - fire 2nd is less efficient than Draw both - cock both - fire 1st - fire 2nd - cock both - fire 1st - fire 2nd which is less efficient than Draw both - cock both - fire 1st - fire 2nd (while cocking 1st) - fire 1st (while cocking 2nd) Notice I said less efficient - not necessarily slower. Efficiency is an objective measure. Speed is wholly dependent upon the individual. There are NUMEROUS shooters that are faster than others doing things in a less efficient manner.
  9. I have two Codymatics - I am nothing but pleased with the work AND customer service. I have spoken directly to Cody everytime I have ever had cause to call him. I have handled and shot nearly example of short stroke kits; cut and welds, 3rd, 4th and 5th gen kits. Assembled and polished by many, many differing gunsmiths. When everything is factored in; stroke, feel, turnaround and pricing - I have never regretted going with Cody.
  10. I'm attempting to lose some of my built in padding. From a high of 360 at my worst down to 225 right before Covid back up to 290 and now back to 240. Still got a ways to go to get down to 200. But Ill feel pretty good about the padding situation if I do.
  11. I just wear my shotgun belt loose. This drops my belt down lower (under my belly - instead of on my belly button). Gives me plenty of room for my shotgun shell grab. While keeping my belt legal.
  12. I prefer not to be a hypocrite. Justifying abhorrent behavior by stating "but they did it first" is juvenile. You cannot be surprised or claim any moral high ground regarding someone attempting to strip you of your free speech, of your expression, of your rights when you demonstrate the exact same willingness to strip others of theirs. ABSOLUTE PRINCIPLES are ABSOLUTE. Not just pieces that should be subject to censorship or removal at the whim and opinion of whomever is in power.
  13. When there are no knockdowns to engage with - the remaining rounds have to go somewhere. In your example: You fire ONE round - all the plates fall. Attribute it to rack vibration, wind, earthquake or ghosts - the reason "why" does not matter. If there is a dump plate. EVERY single remaining round that fails to strike steel is a MISS. If there is no dump plate - all the remaining rounds go into the back berm. And NO one has any expectation that your going to aim, fire, then move your gun barrel laterally two inches to the next shot, aim and fire, again and again to simulate firing at each individual target. The "shoot where it was" direction was actually created for shotgun targets: 1. To avoid shooters firing directly at an already downed target - thereby not damaging targets and creating misdirected splatter. 2. To provide for the safe directional discharge of loaded shotguns that satisfies round counts. 3. There is no guidance or requirement for how near the shell must pass "where it was" It is also used in the event of fallen static targets to provide direction for safe discharge of rifle or pistol when rounds DO have a required sequence with specific rounds corresponding with specific targets. But again, there is NO guidance for how closely the round must go to where the target once was. The plate rack is downrange. Firing safely downrange is satisfying the requirement of firing where the target once were. Trying to assign misses is impossible if there is no target available to miss.
  14. Yeah - you gotta hate people and groups exercising that pesky First Admendment freedom... Let's destroy their property and silence their free speech because we don't agree with it. And then we should get highly indignant when they attempt to do the exact same thing to us. Freedom is not solely for speech and behaviors you agree with. Freedom is ugly - it is rife with offensive images, words and behaviors. Freedom is covered with sharp, jagged edges that can cut and tear in both directions. It is not obligated to nor limited by your feelings; and while some may choose "in polite society" to curtail their own freedoms - there is no reasonable expectation that everyone will be sanitized for your protection. Freedom is either freedom "for all" or it doesn't exist.
  15. How? If there is NO target to engage - how can you punish them for not engaging? There were only NINE targets available for engagement. The shooter has TEN rounds to place down range. The shooters ONLY requirement is to place NINE rounds on the NINE available targets and ONE round safely down range NOT striking any target and in the absence of a required sequence they may do so in any order. At the end of the shooting string - 10 rounds discharged - 10 targets down. You cannot call a miss. At the end of the shooting string - ALL targets were engaged. The standing (available) targets were each obviously engaged by being struck by a rifle round. The fallen (unavailable) target was engaged by the downrange cycling and discharge of the round that did not strike a target. If you are going to counter with "I don't think he shot 'where it was' at the downed target - so thats not engaged" Well... "Engagement" per the handbooks, does not have an accuracy component. Engagement does not even require a round to discharge. Engagement is clearly defined and the shooters actions satisfy those conditions. You cannot call a failure to engage.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.