SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's what I did for my trigger finger that I almost slicedthe side off.....2 days before EOT 2021.
  3. my friend had this with his dillon 650 it was his crimp - it had gotten lose to the point bullets moved then he retightened a bit too much , its fixed now
  4. Ole TW always goes undercover when he goes to a liquor store.....Baptists don't recognize anybody when they are in the liquor store. Kajun (what is a Baptist but only imbibes occasionally for medicinal purposes only)
  5. If you can, seat and crimp in 2 separate stations. Make sure you are using enough case mouth flare to let the bullet enter.
  6. F/S .45 Bullets, Commercial, Hard-Cast Lead SWC, bevel-base 255 gr. Dia is .452, Price $13 per 100 + shipping OR $12 per 100 at 10 of more + shipping (1,800 should fit in a Medium Flat Rate Box, 70 lb limit)
  7. Way too much crimp. Back the seating/crimp die off and correct the over all length as required.
  8. Crimp die needs adjusted. This happened to me when I was using mixed manufacturers. I now use Starline exclusively and after adjusting for these I have not had a problem. I also crimp in a separate stage to reduce this problem.
  9. Got most of my stuff packed and ready to go. Still got a few things in the laundry, but they’ll be ready in another hour or so. The foot doctor has warned me that if I mess up her work, she’s gonna do radical surgery on my cranium!! She added some extra padding in my bandage and the walking boot. Between the folks at Ponderosa Pines and and all my Posse Ten compadres, I think I’ll be well cared for and watched after.
  10. Yes, that is due to pressure applied to the bullet that then transfers to the case, crumpling it Usually a seat and crimp in one die causes this. Although if you are not careful, even a two die set seating with one and crimping with the other can still be adjusted to crush a long case. Along with cases of varying lengths. The longest cases have the mouth tight up against the crimp groove's top. Crimping then means that there is no place for the mouth of the case to turn into the groove. So the case gives way. You also have more crimp than is needed. Back off the seater stem to let the mouth come to the middle of the bullet's crimp groove, and back off the die itself to lessen the AMOUNT of crimp being formed. You may need to do this in two steps. Back off both the die body and the seater stem by a turn or two. Lower the seater stem of the die to put the edge of the mouth in the middle of the crimp groove. Then lower the die body (and slightly raise the seater stem before) until you form enough crimp turn in to hold the bullet. Now the die body is set. Try the next bullet by adding back the same amount of rotation that you took off the stem, back onto the stem. Check that you still have a good crimp and it's located a business card thickness below contacting the bullet band right above the crimp groove. You have to have that "free space" between the mouth and the band of lead to prevent contact and the crushing. good luck, GJ
  11. Today
  12. I know this post is 'stealing' the thread, but I gotta share this with the Wire Pards. For about 4 or 5 years now, TW and I will get together to sell a gun or swap a gun, etc..... and in the process, we usually meet somewhere we can have a good meal. Now, for all these times we've met, TW would always order 3 beers. Really. And A couple years back, I ask him.....'WHY do you always order 3 beers'? TW told me that when his 2 brothers moved out west (Texas and Montana), they agreed to have a beer for each other when they were able. The 2 extra beers were to honor his brothers..... and they in turn did the same when they were somewhere to get a drink. Anyhow, last week, TW and I met in Murfreesboro cause I was buying a nice varmint scope from him. At the restaurant, TW only orders 2 beers. Naturally, in my best somber voice, I expressed my condolences on what appeared to be that one of his brothers had passed away. TW says: Oh No! its nothing like that. You see, my wife made me join a Baptist Church and now I can't have one for myself". Another true story..... cause you just can't make this stuff up! ..........Widder
  13. Yesterday
  14. I got Red Knee's address somewhere but I probably can't find it right now. I used it a couple times to send him some SNICKER candy bars for Christmas. He Loves SNICKER bars. If the TN State were to award a years supply of SNICKER bars to the SG Side Match speed winner, Red Knee would probably show up and beat everyone. CG: tell Gut C and Skrap P to be at their best. I plan to show no mercy and take no prisoners..... The State record for 6 KD's is 4.24 seconds. If they beat that, I'll give them a box of AA's Low Noise, Low Recoil. (25 round box). ..........Widder
  15. Is your station pin in place at position 5 and the right #
  16. Are you using a combination seat/crimp die? This has happened to me before when I have the die body screwed too far down such that the crimp starts being applied before the seating action is completed. I still use the combo dies but I make double sure they're backed off enough not to crimp, and I then crimp in a separate station.
  17. ^^^^^this. Check your crimp die by backing it just a little and see if that cures it. I've had the same problem on my 650 and that is what it was. Kajun
  18. This bag looks interesting. I may get one myself. I have tactical gun bags made by US Peacekeeper. They have mag pouches that will hold 2-30 round AR-15 mags. They also hold a 20 round AR-10 (.308) magazine each. https://www.wiskurtactical.com/prod/GLTRBOOD.html ITEM DESCRIPTION FROM LINK: Olive Drab Green. This quick deployment bag is the perfect bag for the shooter on the move. Constructed from 1000D Nylon, the main compartment includes Velcro backing and MOLLE Straps to attach pouches, or use as a standard carry bag. Features two side utility pockets which feature outside MOLLE Straps for additional gear. Three front magazine pockets can carry two .223 caliber 30rd Magazines in each pocket, for a total of 6. Will not hold 30rd AK Magazines as the magazines are too tall. Comfort back padding for easy carry. Adjustable carry strap with quick-release and removable shoulder pad for over the shoulder carry. Lockable YKK Zippers. Two Year Warranty. Overall Dimensions: 14.5" x 8.25" x 4" Main Compartment: 11" x 8.25" x 4"
  19. Is it possible that you are way over crimping?
  20. Check your cases after each station on the press to find where it’s happening! Also spot check your brass to be sure that the cases don’t need trimming!!
  21. I might start a new thread (not today)... There might be something fun in this.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.