SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I sight my rifle to be 3-½" high @ 35 yards. ((Traditional 6 o'clock hold). It's just about 7" low @ 100, dead on @ 75 yards and high everywhere closer in. I can run close in targets with the front sight on the bottom of the target and be assured of a hit, and hold on the top of a 100 yard target and similarly (if I do my part), be assured of a hit. Assuming standard 16" square targets... Run a ballistic calculation for YOUR load with 5 yard increments and I think you'll find it AIN'T rocket science.
  3. I dread the day when I walk to the window and the computer tells the teller my name and account number.
  4. I wouldn't use a leather washer... a stainless lock washer, yes... but, with the humidity in our part of the world, the leather will absorb it, and either rust the spring, the inside of your frame or, both. I use stock springs... and thin stainless lockwasher I picked up @ Ace.
  5. They are saying EF3 damage. Lots of roofs, trees and power lines. But not totally obligated like Joplin.
  6. For sale: Pair of Pietta 1860 Armys in good ol' fashioned .44 caliber. These have been pretty much safe queens. One pistol is near NIB and the other has very limited range time (aka notshottalott). Both need a good home to someone who likes the classic C&B shooters. Kept cleaned oiled and happy but are dying to be fed a good diet of lead and FFF. Happy to provide additional photos. Asking $500.00 for the pair. Prefer to sell them together as they're sort of fond of each other. Alternate email: jon87@comcast.net Thanks for looking.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Bet he didn't need to see your ID as he had your picture on his screen. My local bank does that for added security.
  9. I just tell the person timing me to just stick it right to my ear. God bless our old ears. Waaa, Haw.
  10. Hillbilly, once you reload them they will probably be fine. Randy
  11. California compliant, and dark earth coloring.
  12. Correct, and I'm a retired cop and believe in the usage for true medical usage. A very close friend came up with stage 4 liver cancer which was spreading rather quickly. Given 3 months so they started chemo along with the CBD from marijuana. This is at a VA Hospital. That 3 months expired 6 months ago and the doctors are amazed he is still around. The mass stopped growth and another is shrinking.
  13. I have used this method for side matches to control the starting position. Prevents creeping and other questionable starting positions. GW
  14. Previously, the only time I would get hundred dollar bills (unless I specifically asked for hundred dollar bills) would be when I was withdrawing more than $300. 300, 500, a thousand - they would give me hundreds, but even then the last two hundred would be in 20s, with the last forty being 10s.
  15. After checking several cases of factory shells. The AA"s had a few that hung up on the rim. The STS's had a few with a bulge half way down the case. The best results were the Rem Gun Club. I am using the Lyman checker Garrison Joe recommended a few months ago. Foe a while I thought it was faulty, have very few that didn't pass. Just marked the base to identify or reboxed for practice. GW
  16. I wondered about doing that. I have access to washers of varying thicknesses. Once I get the thickness down I'll replace it with a square spacer so pressure on the spring is even.
  17. It's mostly all the other power robing "things" that prevent a hammer from detonating a cap. All the springs sold by all the companies will definitely work as long as "everything else" is done. The hand drag, the handspring tension, the bolt arm tension, hammer drag in the hammer slot, hammer face condition . . . . so many variables. That's why "the" main spring that works in one revolver won't in another. When "thumbs" get put into the equation, the "edge of the envelope" comes into play . . . Mike
  18. I wish more stages would allow the shooter to start himself; timer on the table, or in the TO’s hand, shooter’s finger on the button. The “TO” could pick up the timer and follow the shooter when he moves to a new position. I don’t like being touched/tapped/whatever if I am having trouble hearing the beep. Why not let me start myself? Is it really that important to start with my hands on my hat?
  19. When they ask and you answer it don't matter, you will get $100 and $50. I usually tell them when I want the $100 bills. Which is what I get for my stash money.
  20. This is nothing new. I found this this morning. Understand I am not saying slavery is not bad. But in 1846, social justice warriors who were against it, even though it was legal, taught first-graders that it was bad. http://www.openculture.com/2016/03/the-anti-slavery-alphabet-1846-book-teaches-kids-the-abcs-of-slaverys-evils.html
  21. That’s what I did in my little trailer. My little Honda generator works out very well for 99% of my needs. I never watch TV when I’m camping at matches, to busy with other stuff and my IPad will suffice for movies if I get bored. I read a lot too and that doesn’t draw much current from the trailer batteries, all of the lighting is LED.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.