SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sirius XM has an oldies radio stories channel. The Gunsmoke show where was wanted for murder was excellent and something that would not have been on 1950s TV. The Noir stuff is good and makes a long trip fly.
  3. https://www.livescience.com/space/space-exploration/nasas-downed-ingenuity-helicopter-has-a-last-gift-for-humanity-but-well-have-to-go-to-mars-to-get-it "The Ingenuity mission's initial goal was to fly five missions across 30 days. But the tiny chopper ended up flying 72 times on Mars, spending more than two hours in the air and traveling 14 times farther than initially planned, according to a statement by NASA."
  4. I've seen this happen before. Always skips the same chamber. I would not shoot that pistol until it's repaired. If it fires just off center it could cause excessive pressure if the cylinder isn't perfectly in line with the forcing cone.
  5. WOW! Wasn’t this your answer on a recent different thread? Crazy how a little part - spring and detent can impact something so much. Hugs! Scarlett
  6. Steeleye Span Herman's Hermits Joni Mitchell Helen Reddy I'm not sure if they're rock,but Bobby Goldsboro The Carpenters Captain and Tenille (sp?) Ann Murray
  7. I had a similar issue about 1.5 years ago with a Ruger Birdshead .32 Mag. Sent it to Ruger on a Friday; got it back the following Wednesday. I accepted Ruger's offer for shipping for $60 for two-way Fedup and the repair was at no cost. There is not a better company anywhere, in any industry.
  8. Thank you, everyone. Forgot a ton of those over the last 50 years or so. This is going to be fun. My old CD changer out in the shop is on its last leg and a lot of my CD’s won’t play anymore.
  9. The floating crane YD-171, better known as "Herman the German", at the Long Beach Navy Yard in 1957. At the start of the Second World War, Germany built four heavy lift floating cranes. Herman the German was originally known as Schwimmkran nr. 1 and was completed in 1941. She was used to repair German warships and submarines in the Baltic. She was based out of Kiel at the end of the war and captured there by the British along with a sistership. Given to the United States, the crane was dismantled and shipped all the way to the Long Beach Navy Yard. The crane was reassembled at Long Beach in 1946, entering service as YD-171. The crane operated at the Long Beach Navy Yard from 1946 until 1994. Following the closure of the shipyard, the crane was sold to the Panama Canal Commission. She was used to replace two older cranes that were used to perform repairs to the canal locks. Arriving in Panama, the crane was renamed Titan. Titan is still working on the Panama Canal today. She is capable of lifting 340 long tons. While the platform she rests upon has been rebuilt and modernized with new propulsion units, the mechanical components of the crane are largely original. Titan has operated for over eighty years and shows no sign of slowing anytime soon.
  10. Wow ! you folks pretty much covered Them all. But heres a few more... Eric Burdon and the animals Badfinger Deep Purple Bachman Turner Overdrive Big brother and the holding company Frank Zappa and the Mothers of invention Alice Cooper
  11. I don't know about any of the other carriers, but FedEx contract a lot of their routes under FedEx name. My last boss almost bought 5 truck routes from FedEx. Read the side of those delivery vans most are going to have a contractors name on it. It's like buying into a franchise
  12. Like Sixgun Seamus says "What Caliber?"
  13. Rye, The TN State has moved to the first weekend in June which works out to May 30- Thursday through June 1-saturday. Come on down. We still have a few slots available. Imis
  14. This one hits close to home! Both of the brothers were born here in Nashville and they played in numerous “Battle of the Bands” here in town, competing against bands that I was involved with. One of my classmates, the late Allan Woody, was bass player for them for a number of years as well as a founding member of Government Mule with Warren Haynes and Matt Abts. Haynes and Abts played in The Dickey Betts Band as well.
  15. Celebrities think because people adore their performances onscreen or on field, they’ll also adore their politics and need to share them. I wish there were more like Larry the Cable Guy who said to an interviewer, “I just told a fart joke. Who cares what I think?”
  16. Back in the late sixties, a small (very small) town nearby installed 5 or six new street lights that were controlled by sensors, e.g. they would turn on when it got dark and off when it got light enough. Well, we would drive over to the town with a powerful (for that era) flashlight and drive around the town and "turn off" all of the street lights and make the town completely dark for a few minutes.
  17. Liberals often say they are open to hearing opinions on both sides of a topic. Then they are flabbergasted to learn that there actually are contrary opinions.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.