SASS Wire Forum

New spurs for my Two Sons and Grandson

I really like the pair on the top photo.  My wife has a pair just like the second one that she still uses when riding.  But, I really like both of the spur straps.  Your boys will be very well turned out in those boots and spurs.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wild Eagle said:

I really like the pair on the top photo.  My wife has a pair just like the second one that she still uses when riding.  But, I really like both of the spur straps.  Your boys will be very well turned out in those boots and spurs.  

Thanks Wild Eagle, the top pair the white is cowhide with the hair on and they do look very nice. 
We have a big three day SASS Annual (32nd year) Last Posse shoot coming up this weekend at a club an hour up the highway and looking forward to camping at the range and competing and catching up with pards. 

Just me but I prefer to not use spur chains or any other kind of tie down on my spurs. That way they can move up if I happen to catch one on a step. Makes them less of a trip hazard on steps or stairs.

• Like 2

Use a strip of leather for tying down; will give a bit if the spur catches on something. Loop around the shank and then around the heel and to the opposite button; cut a slot in the strip to fit over the button and also to thread the loop. Or just go from one button under the heel to the other button; again make slots in the strip to accommodate the buttons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Just me but I prefer to not use spur chains or any other kind of tie down on my spurs. That way they can move up if I happen to catch one on a step. Makes them less of a trip hazard on steps or stairs.

On those boots (same as mine) they have a tendency to want to ride up by themselves.  My other son and grandson's boot don't need a hold down.

• Like 1