SASS Wire Forum

GV Brand...................NOT

Fallon Kid

Just an FYI.  My local store was out of Lemishine and I tried the GV Brand Rinse Aid  (so called equivalent) IT”S NOT.   I use dollar store liquid dish soap but the Lemishone is the only thing that makes the brass like new when wet tumbling. Additionally, I don’t use the stainless pins, just hot water and soap + Lemi. Pocket come out clean and insides spotless.

Anyway way I’ll try anything once and rinse aid is a one-timer. Thanks

rinseaid.jpg

Kid,

Your local grocery should have citric acid in the canning section. The last purchase I made was made by Ball. You can also get it cheap from a home wine making shop. Try 1 tsp of the dry citric acid instead of Lemishine.

Your friend,

Jasper

• Like 4

Pretty sure Rinse Aid is not citric acid.;)

• Like 1

I wet tumble using dish soap and Lemeshine.

After tumbling and rinsing I put a couple capfuls of my favorite car wash soap in a bucket with just enough water to cover the brass.  Swish it for a few seconds, drain and lightly rinse.  Then I dry in a case dryer.   I rarely get water spots.   The slick ceramic coating also seems to help make reloading easier, slick in the dies I guess.  

I use Turtle Wax Ceramic Hybrid Solutions.   I've tried a few others, didn't work as well.

Used to be able to get it at Walmart, now I have to get it through Amazon.  

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-53411-Solutions-Ceramic/dp/B07XYQNZ2R/ref=asc_df_B07XYQNZ2R?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79989588515103&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589115104599&th=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taos said:

I wet tumble using dish soap and Lemeshine.

After tumbling and rinsing I put a couple capfuls of my favorite car wash soap in a bucket with just enough water to cover the brass.  Swish it for a few seconds, drain and lightly rinse.  Then I dry in a case dryer.   I rarely get water spots.   The slick ceramic coating also seems to help make reloading easier, slick in the dies I guess.  

I use Turtle Wax Ceramic Hybrid Solutions.   I've tried a few others, didn't work as well.

Used to be able to get it at Walmart, now I have to get it through Amazon.  

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-53411-Solutions-Ceramic/dp/B07XYQNZ2R/ref=asc_df_B07XYQNZ2R?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79989588515103&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589115104599&th=1

Thats the way I have been doing it for years but after I rinse, I do a final rinse with distilled water and that will stop you from getting any water spots, the water spots are from the minerals in the water, and I save the distilled water and use it about five to six more times and its cheap my cost is about a buck a gal. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

Thats the way I have been doing it for years but after I rinse, I do a final rinse with distilled water and that will stop you from getting any water spots, the water spots are from the minerals in the water, and I save the distilled water and use it about five to six more times and its cheap my cost is about a buck a gal. 

If you have a dehumidifier that water is distilled.  

• Like 1