SASS Wire Forum

SCAMMER ON THE LOOSE

Beware answering calls or emails from a Doc Clint who wants to buy what you’re selling. Never ever post your email address, phone number or other personal information on the SASS Wire Classifieds only do that stuff by PM. 

• Thanks 5

Trying to get me using Yul's ad. He emailed me so I took my email off of my profile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a similar situation. I made a deal with Prairie Dawg at the end of last week. We exchanged personal info using the PM here on the wire. The next day, I received an e-mail referring to me by my alias here and requesting my zip code “if I was still interested” and signed “Prairie Dawg”. The e-mail header said Intersport Performance. I googled Intersport Performance and it came back to an auto dealership with multiple locations on the east coast when Prairie Dawg had given me his address in the midwest. I contacted Prairie Dawg to keep him informed. Dawg assured me he ONLY handles his deals via PM. I replied to the email with a snarky response, he tried again the next day and I again mocked him. Last I heard from that scammer. Ha ha.

Not really sure where/how he got my email, alias, Dawgs name or what the nature of the deal was but apparently these scammers have some darn good hacking skills nowdays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Duncan said:

Had a similar situation. I made a deal with Prairie Dawg at the end of last week. We exchanged personal info using the PM here on the wire. The next day, I received an e-mail referring to me by my alias here and requesting my zip code “if I was still interested” and signed “Prairie Dawg”. The e-mail header said Intersport Performance. I googled Intersport Performance and it came back to an auto dealership with multiple locations on the east coast when Prairie Dawg had given me his address in the midwest. I contacted Prairie Dawg to keep him informed. Dawg assured me he ONLY handles his deals via PM. I replied to the email with a snarky response, he tried again the next day and I again mocked him. Last I heard from that scammer. Ha ha.

Not really sure where/how he got my email, alias, Dawgs name or what the nature of the deal was but apparently these scammers have some darn good hacking skills nowdays.

I believe Intersport Performance was the same outfit that was behind the scam attempt on Preacherman on one of my knives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got an email from Intersport Performance about some Bianchi gunleather ad on here he wanted my address and zip code

• Like 1

Yes, 

42 minutes ago, WOODFOX , sass#34179 said:

I got an email from Intersport Performance about some Bianchi gunleather ad on here he wanted my address and zip code

Yes, the same one and process. Duncan too.

• Like 1

Then he'd be a scammer on the noose.:lol:

• Haha 4

On 3/20/2024 at 4:49 PM, Yul Lose said:

Beware answering calls or emails from a Doc Clint who wants to buy what you’re selling. Never ever post your email address, phone number or other personal information on the SASS Wire Classifieds only do that stuff by PM. 

I’m not sure how this fits in, but there most certainly IS a Doc Clint in SASS!!

He posted an add on here that lead me to buying 2 machine guns from him Tuesday! At his home in Texas! A very pleasant, interesting man! He also shoots with the Thunder River Renegades in Grimes Co Texas?

Has someone stolen his identity???

42 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

I’m not sure how this fits in, but there most certainly IS a Doc Clint in SASS!!

He posted an add on here that lead me to buying 2 machine guns from him Tuesday! At his home in Texas! A very pleasant, interesting man! He also shoots with the Thunder River Renegades in Grimes Co Texas?

Has someone stolen his identity???

I believe you got those from dokdoc#61722, at least that’s the alias in the ad.

35 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I believe you got those from dokdoc#61722, at least that’s the alias in the ad.

I know. It’s odd, but at TRR he’s Doc Clint! I think it’s also in that post! Somehow he seems to have 2 aliases!