SASS Wire Forum

Badger 288

31 minutes ago, Alpo said:

My fault.  The FB post I saw the reel in had it as "badger," so that's what I put into the YouTube search.  When the same video came up on YouTube I didn't bother to check the title.

• Like 1

I like how, at the end of the first video, after the Bagger had gone by, that steam shovel went up there and started sweeping the dirt off the tracks.

its a feat of modern engineering designed to solve a problem by our industrial age - the government mandates always try to skip the evolution of science and engineering - thats why its wrong , this proves that BIG time 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alpo said:

I like how, at the end of the first video, after the Bagger had gone by, that steam shovel went up there and started sweeping the dirt off the tracks.

Showing our age are we? :lol:

• Haha 1

I suppose I am.

That thing with the big wheels that they drive over the asphalt to flatten it - that's a steamroller. I'm sure it hasn't been steam powered for close to a hundred years, but it's a steamroller.

Just like that woman over there with the badge in the gun and the handcuffs - she's a policeman.

Gorilla2.jpg.bdb0f95ba25533396b586532b50d7a5b.jpg

Neener neener neener.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:03 AM, Alpo said:

I suppose I am.

That thing with the big wheels that they drive over the asphalt to flatten it - that's a steamroller. I'm sure it hasn't been steam powered for close to a hundred years, but it's a steamroller.

Just like that woman over there with the badge in the gun and the handcuffs - she's a policeman.

Gorilla2.jpg.bdb0f95ba25533396b586532b50d7a5b.jpg

Neener neener neener.

Steam Roller is the name used by the public.  The paving products mfg's & contractors haven't used that name for them since reciprocating internal combustion engines replaced the steam engines.  They are "Tandem Vibratory Rollers".  Check this link out https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/compactors/tandem-vibratory-rollers.html

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Tin foil hasn't been made of tin for decades. Made of aluminum.

Still tin foil. Probably always will be.

“Tin” foil is kind of a local thing. — what you grew up calling it. I knew a woman who always called it silver foil. To me it’s aluminum foil, but I’m multilingual.  I’ve known others who had regional names for things and just accepted it. My father always said chimbley which is a regional word.

Regional.

My wife said chimbley, which she learned from her father and her mother. They came from Indiana (can't even blame otto on this one. They came from the town of Indiana Pennsylvania). They would also red off the table, instead of clear it. My daughter still says that because that's what her mother said.

Me - I eat punkin pie, not pumpkin, and I will eat a sammich, not a sandwich. Also regional.

Edited by Alpo

11 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

Steam Roller is the name used by the public.  The paving products mfg's & contractors haven't used that name for them since reciprocating internal combustion engines replaced the steam engines.  They are "Tandem Vibratory Rollers".  Check this link out https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/compactors/tandem-vibratory-rollers.html

Steam roller is easier to remember and spell..... and everyone knows what you're talking about anyway. 

• Like 1