SASS Wire Forum

!@#$%^&* Pop-Ups!

I've clicked on some links posted on this forum that more you read and scroll, the more screen gets covered with pop ups to the point you can only read a sentence at a time. I back out and give up!

10 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I've clicked on some links posted on this forum that more you read and scroll, the more screen gets covered with pop ups to the point you can only read a sentence at a time. I back out and give up!

That's one of the reasons I don't bother reading when somebody can't be bothered to post the body of the article, but just posts a link. 

I'll sometimes just post a link, but always test it after the post. If it's screwed up, I just delete it.

2 pop ups and I am okay. 3 or more and I bail. 

I have been known to take some time and contact the site and let them know how I feel about their pop ups and what they can do with them. They never respond back and I never go back on their site so I don’t know if any paid my email any mind. 
One sight, a maker of Glock knick knacks and fluffy boy stuff did respond with some very insulting language. I then went and put their email link into a bunch of contact links for girly-man stuff and awake leftist political sites. 

I’m retired now. I got time…

We had a real total jackass for a Foreman years ago when paper magazines were prevalent and no computers. Went to stores and pulled the subscription cards from every gay and other perverted mag we could find! Filled em out with Bill me later! Heard months later that he was getting mail delivered in the white plastic PO boxes! :lol: It never changed his assholeyness though.:(

2 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

2 pop ups and I am okay. 3 or more and I bail. 

I have been known to take some time and contact the site and let them know how I feel about their pop ups and what they can do with them. They never respond back and I never go back on their site so I don’t know if any paid my email any mind. 
One sight, a maker of Glock knick knacks and fluffy boy stuff did respond with some very insulting language. I then went and put their email link into a bunch of contact links for girly-man stuff and awake leftist political sites. 

I’m retired now. I got time…

"Retired" is the best and least expensive hobby I have these days. It's so VERSATILE!!!

Use a browser that has a setting that blocks most pop-ups.  Also I haven't "googled" in 10 years.  I use Firefox & Edge for browser & DuckDuckGo for search engine.  I quite using Chrome when it started using a third of the screen for adds.

Archived