SASS Wire Forum

How weird are you

Alpo

2 hours ago, watab kid said:

i know someone that had inside info on that , it could have changed in the last year or so but it was factual before that , sometimes these things are false - i know  their frames are steel and brass , ive seen them , so i understand your comment and agree that is internet garbage , 

Out of curiosity I sent Henry an email asking if these stories of Italian walnut for stocks is true. Your comment wasn’t the first time I have seen that. 
The way I look at it, in order for American walnut seeds (walnuts) planted in Italy to grow to the age and size needed to support the number of rifles Henry builds those seeds would have had to have been planted when Anthony Imperato was a baby. :lol:

Stuff like this reminds me of when Glocks first came to America. All kinds of stories and urban legends were floating around about their reliability being just awful and if they weren’t lubed exactly right they would jam and if you dropped one in a water puddle they wouldn’t operate because the tiniest bit of dirt would bind them up something terrible. 

Internet Urban Legends, I don’t think we’ll ever be rid of them. 

38 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Out of curiosity I sent Henry an email asking if these stories of Italian walnut for stocks is true. Your comment wasn’t the first time I have seen that. 
The way I look at it, in order for American walnut seeds (walnuts) planted in Italy to grow to the age and size needed to support the number of rifles Henry builds those seeds would have had to have been planted when Anthony Imperato was a baby. :lol:

Stuff like this reminds me of when Glocks first came to America. All kinds of stories and urban legends were floating around about their reliability being just awful and if they weren’t lubed exactly right they would jam and if you dropped one in a water puddle they wouldn’t operate because the tiniest bit of dirt would bind them up something terrible. 

Internet Urban Legends, I don’t think we’ll ever be rid of them. 

you are right in that we will never shed the internet BS , they will always put their falsehoods or their misconceptions/misunderstandings up as truth , i can name five more that have been maligned as glock was without any real foundation or based on someones discontent , i dont do that - only say what i really know or i wont repeat it [unless in obvious jest - and i make that clear] 

my hope would be that anyone interested in anything would go really look at it and evaluate it in terms of their wants and needs [try it if they can] then make buying decisions , its the way i make mine .....probably why i dont own a lot of "new guns" , i buy what i really like and that meet the standards i set for it , 

i love my henrys - i dont care if they are 100% american made or not , i also own a lot of foreign made guns that i love equally , its all about what it is and why i bought it , i own a few that i think are almost 100% minnesota made but if there is a part or two [or more] thats not , im OK with that too , i really do know their history - i knew the man that assembled them , i watched him do it , he was a good friend , 

there are things in life that matter and those that dont , i learned a long time ago to read whats on the internet with skepticism , weigh it and accept or reject in accordance with your best understandings/research , internet chatter means nothing in the big picture to me anymore but , and i get your point , it does to those that dont think it all thru well , 

PAT , FWIW , i know of wood being sent from country to country then back after being processed , it seems costly to my mind but in some cases labor , tooling , machinery , all play into the equation , its the same with metal bits too , everything is not always as it seems on the surface 

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

PAT , FWIW , i know of wood being sent from country to country then back after being processed , it seems costly to my mind but in some cases labor , tooling , machinery , all play into the equation , its the same with metal bits too , everything is not always as it seems on the surface 

Thanks. I am very interested to see how Henry responds. 

Henry has stated before that almost all of it's walnut comes from Missouri.

I used to believe I was fairly weird. Then I came to this forum and spent time. Now I consider myself heroically well-adjusted.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:32 PM, Alpo said:

Or maybe a better question would be are you as weird as I am?

Father Kit, in his thread about silenced pistols, is asking for real life experience with the Smith & Wesson victory.

If I was looking for a 22 automatic pistol - which I am not - I would not buy a Smith & Wesson victory. Why? Because a Smith and Wesson Victory is a 38 K frame double action revolver that was made between 1940 and 1945. It is not a 22 automatic.

If I was looking for a plastic automatic pistol, or an AR-15 clone - neither of which I am looking for - I would not buy a Smith & Wesson M&P. Why? Because a Smith & Wesson M&P is a 38 special K frame double action revolver. It is not a plastic fantastic automatic pistol in 9mm or 40 Smith or 45. It also is not an AR-15 wannabe.

If I was looking for a chief special - which I actually am but not one of these - I would not buy a new Chief Special, because a chief special is a five shot j-frame 38 Special revolver. It is not a plastic fantastic small frame 9 mm automatic.

Back in the sixties Ruger made a single shot pistol based on their Blackhawk revolver. It was chambered in 256 Winchester magnum and it was called the Hawkeye. Some years back Ruger brought out a variation of their bolt action rifle, which they called the Hawkeye. If I was looking for a lightweight bolt action rifle, I would not buy one of these, even if it met every one of my criteria for purchase. Because that's not a Hawkeye.

I know. I'm weird.

I'm not weird.  I'm uniquely individual.  So there!  :P

On 1/25/2024 at 8:21 AM, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Like my Dad always said "you take it apart to see how it works, you better be able to put it back together"

Somebody messed that up in Alpo's case....a long time ago.

8 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

You mean somebody couldn't get HIM put back together?

I'm not certain he was ever "together".....kind like me in that respect.....which I don't get much of any more.....respect, that is.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm not certain he was ever "together".....kind like me in that respect.....which I don't get much of any more.....respect, that is.

I'll give you the first part, but I'll fight anybody who DOESN'T show you the respect you deserve. 

23 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'll give you the first part, but I'll fight anybody who DOESN'T show you the respect you deserve. 

That's pretty open, assuming I deserve any at all.  :o

Archived