SASS Wire Forum

Leaf Blower Frenzy

Yul Lose

13 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I don’t know how gas is blended in your state , but as soon as I went to using off road gas “no ethanol” 90% of my small engine problems went away. It costs a little more but to me it’s worth it.

https://www.pure-gas.org

yes , i did the same , its been helpful but im still no mechanic 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Run premium gas in any engine that is air cooled.

Premium gas means higher octane, it does not mean ethanol free or pure gas.

Also, if it is a common line pump, you are getting whatever is in the line from the last person.  I pump some into my vehicle to clear the line before filling the fuel can.

22 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I don’t know how gas is blended in your state , but as soon as I went to using off road gas “no ethanol” 90% of my small engine problems went away. It costs a little more but to me it’s worth it.

https://www.pure-gas.org

If you want to get rid of the ethanol in gas just put a quart of water in a couple of gallons of gas and shake it up when it settles out the gas can be poured off the top. Water is heavier than gas.

kR

2 hours ago, Kid Rich said:

If you want to get rid of the ethanol in gas just put a quart of water in a couple of gallons of gas and shake it up when it settles out the gas can be poured off the top. Water is heavier than gas.

kR

I’ll just buy it without it . I only go through about a gallons of 2 stroke gas a year and maybe 10 for the lawnmower 

Edited by Buckshot Bob

9 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Premium gas means higher octane, it does not mean ethanol free or pure gas.

Also, if it is a common line pump, you are getting whatever is in the line from the last person.  I pump some into my vehicle to clear the line before filling the fuel can.

That was not the reason I suggested premium gas in air cooled engines. ;)

Most of the country's premium gas is ethanol free.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

That was not the reason I suggested premium gas in air cooled engines. ;)

Most of the country's premium gas is ethanol free.

Our pumps are generally marked as to ethanol content.  Some pumps have different hozes for each mix and grade.  Going through some small towns in areas where logging is a major industry, stations have signs up saying "ethanol free gas".  

We run gas without ethanol in all but car. Get the good stuff in 2 5 gallon jugs. During peak mowing season, we go through $40/weak in premium gas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1