SASS Wire Forum

12 in an hour

Lawdog Dago Dom

Sounds like the same group that police were ordered to not try to chase down a week or so ago.  There was a thread about it here in the Saloon.

ADDED:

Here, "Chicago Vigilanty". https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/355578-chicago-vigilantes/#comment-4544015

Black Friday Sale

Similar to the promotion prior to the last presidential election.

Then businesses leave the city because of this and shoplifting and people complain about the business.  It is baffling.

I'm thinking the line between blatant shoplifting and this is blurring. 

6 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Damn good thing we defunded the police and cater to criminals.

Yeah But back the Blue heres more to that story 

CPD surveillance officers who reviewed the video you just watched radioed descriptions of the men and their car to patrol units. The car’s left headlight was out, cops were told. The back right window was broken, probably because the car was stolen and the thieves had to break the glass to get inside.

A few minutes later, the holdup crew displayed at least one rifle to rob another woman in the 900 block of West Randolph in the West Loop. The robbers hit her in the face. They rolled up on another woman around the same time, near Lake and Elizabeth streets.

A Chicago police sergeant spotted the robbers’ getaway car as they drove through the West Loop. He mentioned it on the radio but did not pursue it.

glad i avoided chicago when we crossed the state a month ago , both ways , there were some marvelous things to be seen in the southern and on the western boarders , you can keep that northern section .....i would build a wall to keep them from venturing out among us 

10 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Yeah But back the Blue heres more to that story 

CPD surveillance officers who reviewed the video you just watched radioed descriptions of the men and their car to patrol units. The car’s left headlight was out, cops were told. The back right window was broken, probably because the car was stolen and the thieves had to break the glass to get inside.

A few minutes later, the holdup crew displayed at least one rifle to rob another woman in the 900 block of West Randolph in the West Loop. The robbers hit her in the face. They rolled up on another woman around the same time, near Lake and Elizabeth streets.

A Chicago police sergeant spotted the robbers’ getaway car as they drove through the West Loop. He mentioned it on the radio but did not pursue it.

This was part of the same article. Sorry you missed it.

Across Chicago, robbery reports are up 24% from last year and 38% from 2019.

The increase is primarily due to incessant armed robbery sprees like the one that popped up on September 23: Small groups of young men, usually traveling in stolen cars, sometimes committing more than a dozen robberies at a time.

But the Chicago Police Department has become so risk-averse that its supervisors almost always order patrol officers to terminate pursuits of violent offenders, even if the cops see an armed robbery committed firsthand.

Chicago has paid out tens of millions of dollars for lives lost and injuries caused by pursuits that ended with crashes. The police department’s written policy explicitly states that no officer will ever be punished for not chasing a suspect. And CPD supervisors have become so skittish about the possibility of something going wrong they’ve even ordered cops to stop pursuing a car suspected of carrying wanted murderers.

Of course, there’s a trade-off when the city discourages pursuits to save money and reduce the possibility of injury to third parties. That trade-off is that armed, violent people are not apprehended, and they continue to commit crimes.

3 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

This was part of the same article. Sorry you missed it.

Across Chicago, robbery reports are up 24% from last year and 38% from 2019.

The increase is primarily due to incessant armed robbery sprees like the one that popped up on September 23: Small groups of young men, usually traveling in stolen cars, sometimes committing more than a dozen robberies at a time.

But the Chicago Police Department has become so risk-averse that its supervisors almost always order patrol officers to terminate pursuits of violent offenders, even if the cops see an armed robbery committed firsthand.

Chicago has paid out tens of millions of dollars for lives lost and injuries caused by pursuits that ended with crashes. The police department’s written policy explicitly states that no officer will ever be punished for not chasing a suspect. And CPD supervisors have become so skittish about the possibility of something going wrong they’ve even ordered cops to stop pursuing a car suspected of carrying wanted murderers.

Of course, there’s a trade-off when the city discourages pursuits to save money and reduce the possibility of injury to third parties. That trade-off is that armed, violent people are not apprehended, and they continue to commit crimes.

I didnt miss anything , Your original post showed zero other than a bunch of Spam Just goes to show If you cant do the job you volunteered for leave . , its not all arresting people for not wearing a face diaper .

Actually the post showed the entire article. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking perhaps the link was bad or the page didn't load properly.

The point is, that due to a ton of lawsuits, Chicago has a pursuit policy that is 11 pages long. One of the most restrictive policies in the country. The policy even says there is no discipline for not pursuing. That's a pretty strong hint that if you chase a bad guy, the department will probably not back you and you will be on your own for any civil or criminal consequences. (And the majority of the lawsuits are settled out of court with astronomic sums that are paid to law firms that are big contributors to the current political powers)

Given the very real possibility of being disciplined/terminated, charged criminally, or sued into bankruptcy that sergeant's decision to NOT pursue was probably in his best interest.

Should he quit and get another job? I don't know. If he is close to retirement his best bet is to suck it up and wait. But a lot are quitting and going elsewhere, so they are leaving. And recruitment numbers are way down as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the reply.

thats the problem today - the good people are being prosecuted and convicted the bad are being released to reoffend , it almost looks like a conspiracy to tear down our society [that has created the most prosperous and peaceful as well as accepting society in history] and replace it with caos .....just what the communists want , it allows the takeover of totalianarism , elimination of freedom and complete reversal of all of the advances of civilization we have grown up with , 

but then im old , outlived my usefulness , the young have so much more to offer in wisdom , what they dont know is all the freedom we grew up with they may never know again i am old and tired ....im not going to change what will be , im sad to think my grandkids will never know the freedoms i once had before big government took over , they think it was always this way , 

Archived