SASS Wire Forum

Crown Royal "Packages From Home "

PowderRiverCowboy

Crown Royal is doing a free to you send a care Package to Active Duty Military for the holidays 

Crown Royal believes that it's not about what you have, but what you give and how you give it.

That's why Crown Royal is honored to partner with Packages From Home to turn donated Crown Royal Bags into care packages for active American military heroes around the world.

With your help, we have packed over 1 MILLION BAGS and counting

.https://pack.crownroyal.com/Home/Intro

image.png.400ef3c83414f1515b76794254bbe845.png

12 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Crown Royal is doing a free to you send a care Package to Active Duty Military for the holidays 

Crown Royal believes that it's not about what you have, but what you give and how you give it.

That's why Crown Royal is honored to partner with Packages From Home to turn donated Crown Royal Bags into care packages for active American military heroes around the world.

With your help, we have packed over 1 MILLION BAGS and counting

.https://pack.crownroyal.com/Home/Intro

image.png.400ef3c83414f1515b76794254bbe845.png

Do people donate their used Crown bags somewhere to literally get stuffed and sent overseas?  If so, do the Crown bags get labeled or is it a surprise grab bag for the servicemen?  I checked the four boxes and the website didn't say anything about donating bags.  

It seems to me (because I'm a cynical so-and-so) this is just advertising.

You have a list of eight items, of which you can choose four. They will put these four items in a Crown Royal bag and send them to some random serviceman in the sandbox.

You don't get to choose who it goes to, so you can't have it set to your nephew Joe in the Marines. There's nothing in the bag saying it's from you.

So the random serviceman gets a bag full of goodies from Crown Royal. And he associates Crown Royal with good stuff in his mind, so when he comes back home he'll maybe buy Crown Royal. And Crown Royal probably takes it all off their taxes as advertising expense.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

But why get me involved? I don't donate the bags. I don't donate the goodies. I don't pay to have it shipped. I don't decide who it goes to. They don't know that I'm involved in any way.

The only reason I can come up with for Crown Royal getting me involved is to get the word out to everyone that they are doing this, which builds Goodwill for the company.

51 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You have a list of eight items, of which you can choose four. They will put these four items in a Crown Royal bag and send them to some random serviceman in the sandbox.

You don't get to choose who it goes to, so you can't have it set to your nephew Joe in the Marines. There's nothing in the bag saying it's from you.

So the random serviceman gets a bag full of goodies from Crown Royal. And he associates Crown Royal with good stuff in his mind, so when he comes back home he'll maybe buy Crown Royal. And Crown Royal probably takes it all off their taxes as advertising expense.

But why get me involved? I don't donate the bags. I don't donate the goodies. I don't pay to have it shipped. I don't decide who it goes to. They don't know that I'm involved in any way.

The only reason I can come up with for Crown Royal getting me involved is to get the word out to everyone that they are doing this, which builds Goodwill for the company.

I’ll bet if you were in some foreign country away from loved ones living in crappy conditions, eating the same food every day and someone handed you a Crown Royal bag full of goodies you would be very happy to receive it. 
My wife and I send money to the USO and participate in local drives to send care packages to our service people overseas. 
We don’t know who benefits from this and we trust that it is benefiting someone who could use it. 

Funny story, when my nephew was in Afghanistan we sent him some care packages. Among the items we sent we included civie toboggans (knit caps), gloves, socks, snacks and other things. We got a letter a while later with notes from all the guys in my nephews unit thanking us for the goodies and the warm clothing articles. These Marines shared everything. So, I can imagine one ore two of those backs amongst a few guys and gals will bring a smile to their faces and they share some comradery as well. 
I think what Crown Royal is doing is damn nice. 

Sent one and wife posted it on her facebook page to see if we can get others to send one.

Alpo it doesn't make a bit of difference of who, why, how, when, or what. It only matters that you send one to one of our most deserving groups, our military. 

4 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Do people donate their used Crown bags somewhere to literally get stuffed and sent overseas?  If so, do the Crown bags get labeled or is it a surprise grab bag for the servicemen?  I checked the four boxes and the website didn't say anything about donating bags.  

No they have special bags they use (or did at one time) its a blue camo pattern   . So really they handle it all .

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

As one of those that spend 8 years in Iraq / Afghanistan , I could care less about WHO sent it. The face of My soldiers knowing some one took the damn time out of crying that the blue hair heshe Starbucks clown didnt make their fairy unicorn juice just right.

You dont want to don't I dont care, as it just goes to say America is never at war. The Marines. Army, Navy , Air Force , Coast Guard and now Space Force are at was America is at the Mall. 

The Girl Scouts sent Connex's of unsold Cookies to Iraq when I was there does that mean I became a Girl Scout ? 

Archived