SASS Wire Forum

Never Enough: New York Lawmaker Wants Background Checks for 3D Printers

Sedalia Dave

Did someone drop a STUPID BOMB on New York?? <_<

My son is always building a 3D printer and talking about print heads and different filaments and what they can be used for.  I suspect you can make a G19 if you figure out how to imbed the metal rails.  There is still considerable hand work and tuning as us CAS Shooters know but hoplophobes think that if it looks like a gun or or is a gun part it is dangerous.  The statistics on criminals using non functioning guns is shocking to me.

The future of gun control:

1. What is an 80% 3D Printer?  When do you need a S/N and background check/BATF Form
  2. When we get lasers what firing rate can we have?  How big can your battery be?
On 10/24/2023 at 10:09 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Did someone drop a STUPID BOMB on New York?? <_<

That happened a long time ago. It’s the #1 cash crop and seems to be one that is subsidized by our government, instead of concentrating on our actual farmers.

I predicted this when the technology became affordable to "the little guy". 

I also predicted licensing/permitting, and serial numbering of reloading presses, background checks for components, and mandatory record keeping for everything you load.

Not consistent with our history and tradition... Eli Witney and Carbine Williams didn't have their lathe, mill, files registered.

My wife is going to have to get a background check for that saltpeter she has been putting in my food?

34 minutes ago, Gungadin said:

Not consistent with our history and tradition... Eli Witney and Carbine Williams didn't have their lathe, mill, files registered.

My wife is going to have to get a background check for that saltpeter she has been putting in my food?

I've had to show ID to buy certain chems back when I kept a South American tropical aquarium and was mixing up my own water. The aquarium was heavily planted and I needed a nitrogen source. Too much sodium would be bad, but an excess of potassium was not a problem, and could even be beneficial.

So potassium nitrate would work well. Yes, saltpetre as an aquatic plant fertilizer. Sold at the pharmacy counter after an ID check. For 4 ounces. This was due to the OK City bombing, it was on the shelves up until then with canning supplies. I also used a small amount in my from-scratch cured corned beef.

The old joke is that if our wives put it in our food it does the opposite of the little blue pills.  In the mid 70's I would buy it at the local ma and pa town store to make smoke bombs.  Lady never asked what us kids were buying saltpeter for.  I think it came in a McCormicks box.

Who knows why the corner store had it, but she always did.  I'm sure us boys bought more than our parents.  If we'd of had the internet.....

Archived