SASS Wire Forum

He took me for $200!!! SCAM ALERT?

Rancho Roy

There is a fellow using the name "Jason Spence Perry" or a combination of the names or initials. Be extremely aware. It's a very long story and he used an awful lot of energy to extract $200 from my wallet! If anyone has any info on this character, please share it.

Dang!  Never heard of him before.

Sorry for your troubles and hope you catch up with him.

Was it on this or another forum?  Contact the Moderator if it was here.

Don't "worry" if you missed seeing him.  He'll be back in a couple of days with a different name.  Once he has found gold, he and his work partners will come back for more.    Be VERY aware if folks message you out of the blue trying to jump into a transaction that you are trying to do, like buying a gun or other product.  Deal only with folks you recognize or can identify.

Sorry to say, but it's a by-product of not having secure ID (and ability to enforce it's use) on the internet.   When you let people be anonymous or have easily changeable IDs, you lay out the welcome mat for criminal activity if there is any way for them to make a buck off of honest people.

Been sad about this for 20 years now....GJ

49 minutes ago, Presidio said:

Dang!  Never heard of him before.

Sorry for your troubles and hope you catch up with him.

Was it on this or another forum?  Contact the Moderator if it was here.

He is not on the forum, but anyone can read it and he saw my request for 25-20 brass and “ sold me 5 boxes fir $200”….very long story. He is Very good at what he does. 

1 hour ago, Rancho Roy said:

He is Very good at what he does. 

Most scammers are good at what they are doing and could make a good living doing other things. But the pay is good until a Hells Angels shows up at the delivery address and tells them not to do it again.

Here in Canada, our CanadianGunnutz sale site provides date of joining and a Trader Rating attached to their profile, visible to everyone, that is provided by those who are dealing with them, buying and or selling.

Something to consider adding here.

On 10/5/2023 at 10:43 AM, Rancho Roy said:

He is not on the forum, but anyone can read it and he saw my request for 25-20 brass and “ sold me 5 boxes fir $200”….very long story. He is Very good at what he does. 

Well poop.  That sux, and if I was aware of you needing 25-20 brass I would have brought some up to Buzzard Boil.

Bummer Roy, that really sucks. Was great seein ya this past weekend. Missed my lake front home this morning.:)

Archived