SASS Wire Forum

Now The Hard Part

Subdeacon Joe

Waiting.

Last night I whipped up a batch of no-knead bread  got it into the oven at about 0600, out at about 0650.  That's the easy part.

Waiting for it to cool, that's the hard part.

Still in the pan

IMG_20230920_065253785.thumb.jpg.594cb12327df6b2c7ca0076d7bdbde0e.jpg

Out on the rack to cool.

IMG_20230920_065409646.thumb.jpg.50163f0750d6ca2297883b658c3a5080.jpg

10 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

You wait until it cools???

Strange.

If you cut it right away the crumb gets gummy.  I might do it if I know that I'm going to serve it right away and that it will all eaten right away.  But that loaf will last a couple of days.

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

If you cut it right away the crumb gets gummy.  I might do it if I know that I'm going to serve it right away and that it will all eaten right away.  But that loaf will last a couple of days.

Not at my house it wouldn't.

On 9/20/2023 at 12:43 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Still keeping the weight down?

204 this morning, but there's a story to go along with that.. It involves two separate back-to-back days in the ER at the local VA and some life changing modifications I'm having to endure, an ambulance ride, and some really remarkable medical staff.

Also involved are two nasty vicious villains who left me permanently damaged but alive and ready for the next bout...and trust me, there WILL be next bout.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:39 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

204 this morning, but there's a story to go along with that.. It involves two separate back-to-back days in the ER at the local VA and some life changing modifications I'm having to endure, an ambulance ride, and some really remarkable medical staff.

Also involved are two nasty vicious villains who left me permanently damaged but alive and ready for the next bout...and trust me, there WILL be next bout.

I broke 200 this morning, the lightest I've been since 1872.

OOOOPsy daisy.  Dyslexic fingers.

:o

Archived