SASS Wire Forum

1984 Red Dawn

sassnetguy50

On 5/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, Alpo said:

NOT Only were they not supposed to but there is a law specifically stating that they cannot do it.

They do it anyhow.

yes they do , the movie seemed far fetched back then , but today ? not so much , good bit is there are guns out there that are not on any data base 

5 hours ago, watab kid said:

yes they do , the movie seemed far fetched back then , but today ? not so much , good bit is there are guns out there that are not on any data base 

I'd wager to state that 99% of the "non-data base" guns are owned by folks with "data-based" guns. The bad guys know will know where to go anyway.

On 5/18/2023 at 5:49 AM, Cypress Sun said:

I'd wager to state that 99% of the "non-data base" guns are owned by folks with "data-based" guns. The bad guys know will know where to go anyway.

yes but they dont know to look for that one do they ? 

On 5/17/2023 at 11:35 PM, Seldom Seen #16162 said:

With today’s Red vs. Blue States political divide the title “Red Dawn” fits a totally different storyline.

How did the Red and Blue State descriptions get started anyway?

Check these out:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-republicans-were-blue-and-democrats-were-red-104176297/

https://electoralvotemap.com/the-origins-of-red-and-blue-states/

Tim Russert is credited with finalizing Red for Republicans and Blue for Democrats in 2000. I recall watching a round table with him involved and he made a small but telling comment during the discussion. He said he didn’t want the Dems to be associated with the color red as it was also the color associated with communism. I have searched high and low for this video clip but I cannot find it. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

...He said he didn’t want the Dems to be associated with the color red as it was also the color associated with communism.

And yet that's exactly what a fair percentage of the dems in power and their entitled base are now...

Back to Red Dawn and stocking 'camping' gear... ;)

I always figured 120 million armed Americans would be a huge deterrent to an invading force.
But.. Pat opined that most would roll over rather than take a stand...

Looking around today... I kinda think Pat is right.
There will be those who will resist, but from what I see, most will puss out and roll over.

5 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I always figured 120 million armed Americans would be a huge deterrent to an invading force.
But.. Pat opined that most would roll over rather than take a stand...

Looking around today... I kinda think Pat is right.
There will be those who will resist, but from what I see, most will puss out and roll over.

Back in 1776 it was about 3% fighting for freedom from the British rule and there was no FB or streaming services to keep people's attention on the squirrel...

Archived