SASS Wire Forum

Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

I'm thinking they were scared off by the horn. He noticed the tail light started blinking on the car. When he ran into it he turned on the alarm. That's why he's beating feet out of there.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  

garage.thumb.jpg.21cd9d6dd82d98693b2f1efc087c8827.jpg

Hope he's not looking for a specific one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

This isn’t funny. I find it annoying. I used to think that all the people copying this scene from the movie and actually doing this on a real ship for a photo were annoying. Now I see that those posers are more realistic than the scene they copy from Titanic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b342087fdb2eddc63b7b19e08024ddfa.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What do you think possesses a man to think “Hey, I have a great idea! Let’s mount a shopping cart on a jet engine and enter the drags!”

image.thumb.jpeg.074272583d33e9efcbb42c62845e94fc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

There are at least two trucks in my town with snorkels. One lives just down the street. I asked him if it was factory or aftermarket. He said it was aftermarket. We had a heavy rain and he missed 4 days work because he couldn't get down the street. 3 feet of water in the street. First thing he did when the water went down and he could get out of his yard was go have that snorkel installed.

Not the truck with the snorkel.

photo batmobile.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How to move a boat with an 81 ft beam through an 80 ft lock.

image.thumb.png.a7d293bfa348c6104632ce3de6e62ee8.png

After USS White Sands was decommissioned in 1974, it was bought by a company that needed to move the ship with an 81' beam through the 80' wide Ballard Locks. It was done by weighting down one side of the ship and then transiting the locks while tilted 38 degrees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

What do you think possesses a man to think “Hey, I have a great idea! Let’s mount a shopping cart on a jet engine and enter the drags!”

image.thumb.jpeg.074272583d33e9efcbb42c62845e94fc.jpeg

Because he has a pecker in those pants.  Put the largest powerplant in the lightest chassis.  The UK guy that set the jet record years ago was approaching 50mph.  How about a big block bar stool or a Z1000 5sp in a mobility scooter that will roast the tires at 60mph?

cee577b64b38e5fcfaa3941d185cdd46.jpg

mobility-scooter-2401755604.jpg

Edited by sassnetguy50
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

This is a list of every cause of death that occurred during a week in London in 1665:
Interesting And Entertaining Photos (21 pics)

For people like me that were curious, here is what those disease names mean.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/67247/15-historic-diseases-competed-bubonic-plague

The seventh one on the list - chrisomes - is what got me looking. A chrisome is the cloth that is put on a kid's head when he's being baptized. You baptized them when they were about a month old. Infant mortality was very high. And when the baby died at around the month old - about the time that he should have been baptized - they called that chrisomes.

Abortive was not what I thought. It wasn't referring to somebody in the back alley with a peeled slippery elm stick. It was their term for a miscarriage.

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

For people like me that were curious, here is what those disease names mean.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/67247/15-historic-diseases-competed-bubonic-plague

The seventh one on the list - chrisomes - is what got me looking. A chrisome is the cloth that is put on a kid's head when he's being baptized. You baptized them when they were about a month old. Infant mortality was very high. And when the baby died at around the month old - about the time that he should have been baptized - they called that chrisomes.

Abortive was not what I thought. It wasn't referring to somebody in the back alley with a peeled slippery elm stick. It was their term for a miscarriage.

Thank you Alpo. I wondered about those and a couple of others.